Richard Sherman

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Dallas should trade their 1st round pick for Sherman...

I thought "Are you out of your mind?"

For 29yo CB who's clearly on the downside of his career and carries a hefty pay package?

No way.
Way out of his mind ... 1st round pick for Sherman ... :laugh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Man, they are really counting on there drafting abilities. If it goes poorly I think they are in real trouble.
yeah they are, and it will take years to know or find out if they do good or not.
That is why I said getting rid of romo and the def guys gives them years of low expectations.
Or really I said it gives them years of excuses.
But like this year, no pressure to win big this year. They are building a defense
and dak is just in 2nd year.
But the WC in this , is will dak overcome, and somehow win in playoffs?

Last edited:
Reactions: BAZ

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
L
No offense . I get you defending that Sherman isn't a cancer but wth is the reasoning behind "especially black"? I don't see where quest pointed out his reasoning for Sherman being a cancer is because he is black ? Why must you imply part of his reasoning has to do with race .. give me a break .., seriously

I personally don't think Sherman is a cancer .. I think he is an extremely intelligent outspoken athlete with incredible skills who is not a huge fan of his coaches decisions in the big game and appears to be on the outs somewhat with the Seahawks .. due to his strife with the team there is a chance he could become disruptive to them and cause some locker room challenges .. now with all that being said I wouldn't take on Sherman's contract ; he is approaching 30 and while his skills aren't going downward yet, they will eventually
I wouldn't give up a high draft pick for him .. I would prefer to give a 3 or 4 for him maybe even as high as 2 but that's only with new cap friendly contract for 3-4 years
I also don't feel Sherman is that one player that just puts us over the top ... we need more players than that
Right price sure .. but not likely as we aren't one db away from the next step

But to imply a race as a reason behind quests beliefs is just plain ludicrous...

Largely agree, bloke, but I rolled me eyes so far back when I got to the part describing Sherman as intelligent.
This is how myths get started.
Granted, I never met the thu....um, gentleman, but a degree in "communications" and "work" toward a masters do not ordinarily make one intelligent. "Communications," with lots of tutoring by pretty students for student athletes, is the basket weaving of today's colleges.
From all the interviews I've seen, Sherman comes across as borderline hostile, minimally educated and eager to make us forget his embarrassing, gurgling postgame rant 3 years ago in the NFC championship game.
Richard Sherman -- Thug Life" on YouTube takes an impartial view of this, um, gentleman.
Quite enlightening.
And, while I do not usually endorse the word "thug," when I, too, hear someone use the terms "intelligent" or "eloquent" to describe a celebrity, that is usually a sign of overbearing obsequience and/or patronizing. Most people are intelligent. Really. And the average person can be eloquent without 50-cent words. Those who are not either are in prison or live in perpetual hopelessness in areas we avoid and never take grandma or the kids.
Richard Sherman, magna compton laude, is an athlete past his prime. Nothing else.
And he seems to fit the criterium as a walking cancer.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
L

Largely agree, bloke, but I rolled me eyes so far back when I got to the part describing Sherman as intelligent.
This is how myths get started.
Granted, I never met the thu....um, gentleman, but a degree in "communications" and "work" toward a masters do not ordinarily make one intelligent. "Communications," with lots of tutoring by pretty students for student athletes, is the basket weaving of today's colleges.
From all the interviews I've seen, Sherman comes across as borderline hostile, minimally educated and eager to make us forget his embarrassing, gurgling postgame rant 3 years ago in the NFC championship game.
Richard Sherman -- Thug Life" on YouTube takes an impartial view of this, um, gentleman.
Quite enlightening.
And, while I do not usually endorse the word "thug," when I, too, hear someone use the terms "intelligent" or "eloquent" to describe a celebrity, that is usually a sign of overbearing obsequience and/or patronizing. Most people are intelligent. Really. And the average person can be eloquent without 50-cent words. Those who are not either are in prison or live in perpetual hopelessness in areas we avoid and never take grandma or the kids.
Richard Sherman, magna compton laude, is an athlete past his prime. Nothing else.
And he seems to fit the criterium as a walking cancer.

Umm ok that was a lesson in perpetual bloviation, but I think our points are the same..
my point was I didn't understand why the poster chose to introduce the "race card" as his statement / accusation of quests choice to label Sherman as a cancer is somehow due to the fact he is black outspoken athelete.
Thanks for sharing your beliefs though, I think.
LOL ..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Umm ok that was a lesson in perpetual bloviation, but I think our points are the same..
my point was I didn't understand why the poster chose to introduce the "race card" as his statement / accusation of quests choice to label Sherman as a cancer is somehow due to the fact he is black outspoken athelete.
Thanks for sharing your beliefs though, I think.
LOL ..
But it is my belief that once the race card was played, the opposite pole was you labeling Sherman as "intelligent" as to shoo away any racial thoughts. In doing so you appeared to overreach and pat his head to say he is intelligent. In doing so it was a backhanded slap to other blacks who are presumably not intelligent.
Thanks for sharing your beliefs, stout lad. I just wanted to make that bloviated point.
As for being outspoken, many athletes are outspoken, but just without the animosity and ... bloviation of Sherman.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
But it is my belief that once the race card was played, the opposite pole was you labeling Sherman as "intelligent" as to shoo away any racial thoughts. In doing so you appeared to overreach and pat his head to say he is intelligent. In doing so it was a backhanded slap to other blacks who are presumably not intelligent.
Thanks for sharing your beliefs, stout lad. I just wanted to make that bloviated point.
As for being outspoken, many athletes are outspoken, but just without the animosity and ... bloviation of Sherman.
Seriously, I don't know whether you are being sarcastic at times or making an elitests attempt in condescension when you include statements like stout lad in your posts. While I appreciate being referred to as a young man / boy, I can't help but think it's just your attempt of talking down to me as if you are somehow more accurate. Also I feel for you to make the claim that me describing Richard Sherman as an intelligent athelete (hmm no mention of black or white except by you ) is somehow a backhanded slap to other "blacks" is an ignorant attempt to create controversery and accuse me of something that I am seriously offended by.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I guess I'm the minority here (surprise surprise) because I would take him in a heartbeat if it were a fair team friendly trade. We're not giving up our 1st or 2nd though.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Trading for him is a win now move and they really are not in that mode right now. With Collins and Martin's contracts coming up they clearly have a need to funnel their resources towards that.
Every year is a win now mode.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
How is it not discussed that Dallas trades a pick for Richard Sherman..

Today it was reported NE just bailed on negotiations.

If Dallas could trade a pick in next years draft, I say lets go do it. This team could make a real run if we have significant improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

He's too old and too expensive. Tons of younger, cheaper DB talent in the draft. Pass.

BobGriffin3

Reaction score
I think Sherman has a solid 2-3 years of top corner play left. However not only is he not worth a 1st round pick, IMO he really isn't that good either. Sherman is just a product of the system. He is no better than Brandon Browner, Jeremy Lane, and the rest of the scrubs the Seahawks put at corner because they have Earl Thomas/Kam Chance. Even with a full squad, they are starting to drop off because of lack of DLine play. I probably would have more respect for Sherman if he didn't believe he is a Top 3-5 corner in the game. He isn't.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Proposed trade by NJ writer:

Richard Sherman to Cowboys

The deal: Seattle sends Sherman to Dallas in exchange for LB Jaylon Smith and the 28th overall pick in the NFL Draft.

The impact: Dallas gets one of the best corners in the game and a player that oozes swagger. Seattle moves on from Sherman, takes back a first-rounder and dreams on Smith actually finding health.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/04/2017_nfl_draft_trades_richard_sherman_rumors.html

Ouch . . . Dallas essentially would be forfeiting a 1st and 2nd round pick for an aging, nevertheless elite corner that it might otherwise stand to benefit even more from by keeping its 28th pick and also get to keep Jaylon as well. Not at all sure I'd be inclined to make that trade without something like at least a 5th round pick or higher in return to make it more enticing.

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Proposed trade by NJ writer:

Richard Sherman to Cowboys

The deal: Seattle sends Sherman to Dallas in exchange for LB Jaylon Smith and the 28th overall pick in the NFL Draft.

The impact: Dallas gets one of the best corners in the game and a player that oozes swagger. Seattle moves on from Sherman, takes back a first-rounder and dreams on Smith actually finding health.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/04/2017_nfl_draft_trades_richard_sherman_rumors.html
Dumb. We're not giving up J-Train.