Twitter: Rico gathers Arrested Friday

cowboybish

Reaction score
The night before cuts and you get popped with weed. Sorry Rico... I've been adamantly supporting you to make this team and you are dumb enough to get popped. Not that in my option there is anything wrong with weed but that NFL bans it and the freaking night before cuts you are just that dumb to put your self in that situation makes me say - bye bye jerk!!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ok... So I have a question or three... (& I will admit that perhaps it's buried in 10 pages of much but it's a lazy Saturday morn..lol)

Is getting popped with weed on you as bad as failing a drug test due to having weed in your system? (in the eyes of king Goodell)
Was he the only one in the car?
Is there proof he was smoking it vs just tolerating as friend doing it in his car?

It probably doesn't matter because it's the Cowboys so everything is an automatic 6 game suspension.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
To be 100%, you don't have to deal with the sh!t Blacks have to deal with. It's called a coping mechanism. Similarly, a disproportionate number of Native Americans suffer from alcohol abuse. Lastly, "you" can't create a society that from its inception has systematically marginalized entire groups of people, while benefiting, protecting, and prospering your group, and then arrogantly claim how your culture isn't prone to drug and alcohol abuse. But, we could ask, why are so many Caucasians hooked on opioids? Is it a culture thing?... Not trying to start anything.

The OP really shouldn't have posted the original question IMHO. But I agree with your point. People are people, no matter what "culture" we come from. Not everyone gets pulled over the same. Some people are pulled over and searched more than others. I really wish people would lose their focus on our differences and focus on our commonalities.

I mean.....If we are cut do we not all bleed blue and silver? :laugh:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I wanted him to make the team but this proves he is stupid and not serious about his career. No need whatsoever to invest anymore time or money in him. Pick thru the available TEs later today and if none are better than Swaim, Jarwin, and Schultz then ride those three until someone better is available. Problem not really solved but sometimes you can’t solve them right away so you cope.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WS5C3ZI.png

Stargazing

Reaction score

But but def coordinators were supposed to have nightmares game planning for him. Lol. Please, He wasnt making the team anyway. He is a clown. What a fool. Shows where his priorities are. See ya Rico.. Now I dont have to read all the posts how great this guy is. Ugh..

plasticman

Reaction score
Well,that eliminates the nightmare scenario where the Cowboys cut him only to see him excel with another team.

"Wow, I'm nervous. Will the Cowboys cut me or not? I can't stand the suspense. I guess the smart thing to do would be to smoke a bunch of weed and drive around the city. Yeah, that should relax me."

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Wow, didnt realize this was a race thing, I thought it was a stupid thing. Don't be condescending by suggesting otherwise.

Chuck you do know that he was responding to a statement that made it a race thing. And I don’t see you going at that poster.

Stargazing

Reaction score
Well,that eliminates the nightmare scenario where the Cowboys cut him only to see him excel with another team.

"Wow, I'm nervous. Will the Cowboys cut me or not? I can't stand the suspense. I guess the smart thing to do would be to smoke a bunch of weed and drive around the city. Yeah, that should relax me."

I seriously doubt this guys will excel in the NFL. I didnt get the fascination with this guy

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Great opportunity to make an example out of a marginal player - a la Jimmy Johnson.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Is getting popped with weed on you as bad as failing a drug test due to having weed in your system? (in the eyes of king Goodell)
Was he the only one in the car?
Is there proof he was smoking it vs just tolerating as friend doing it in his car?

It probably doesn't matter because it's the Cowboys so everything is an automatic 6 game suspension.

I wanted Rico on the roster the whole time, but like you say - it doesn't matter. If you are on the bubble you should be working right up until the end, and spending the last moments before the decision is made smoking weed or sitting in a parked car where everyone is smoking are both cutting offenses.

Posters rip on Jason Garrett but he has no tolerance for back of the roster guys doing stupid stuff. Two years ago they cut Davon Coleman for saying stupid things about the coaches to reporters and cut Corey White for dress code stuff even when the guy was playing in the nickel defense.

Stargazing

Reaction score
I wanted Rico on the roster the whole time, but like you say - it doesn't matter. If you are on the bubble you should be working right up until the end, and spending the last moments before the decision is made smoking weed or sitting in a parked car where everyone is smoking are both cutting offenses.

Posters rip on Jason Garrett but he has no tolerance for back of the roster guys doing stupid stuff. Two years ago they cut Davon Coleman for saying stupid things about the coaches to reporters and cut Corey White for dress code stuff even when the guy was playing in the nickel defense.

Screw this clown. On the bubble of making an NFL team and he is out smoking weed. Thats all u need to know where his heart is. See ya Rico.

GenoT

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with our respective opinions (I’m a lifelong toker) regarding marijuana laws. And it has little to do with the NFL’s drug rules.

The issue is, we have a bubble player getting busted for pot the night before final cuts.

Stupidity Level: expert

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Rico trying to increase his odds of making the team.

Disclaimer: this was a joke. He may or not be trying to increase his chances of making the team, but I do not know one way or the other.

Stargazing

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with our respective opinions (I’m a lifelong toker) regarding marijuana laws. And it has little to do with the NFL’s drug rules.

The issue is, we have a bubble player getting busted for pot the night before final cuts.

Stupidity Level: expert

Rules are rules. Like them or not. He knew them. Weed was more important to him. Its sad because this should not even be a big story. He is not any good anyway. He prob was not going to make the team