Twitter: Rico gathers Arrested Friday

Stargazing

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with our respective opinions (I’m a lifelong toker) regarding marijuana laws. And it has little to do with the NFL’s drug rules.

The issue is, we have a bubble player getting busted for pot the night before final cuts.

Stupidity Level: expert

Rules are rules. Like them or not. He knew them. Weed was more important to him. Its sad because this should not even be a big story. He is not any good anyway. He prob was not going to make the team

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Rico is still technically practice squad eligible.

GenoT

Reaction score
Five years from now, when marijuana is legal on a federal level, we are going to look back on this nonsense and wonder how we could have been so stupid as a nation.
More likely, Rico will be looking back five years from now and wonder how he coulda been so stupid as a person; one who, as a former Baylor U student, knew the current pot laws in Texas and who was free to make his own choice.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Seems our backfield coordinator was right. We cant cover this guy with our first teamers.

Seriously now i understand why this guy talked so much crap all day.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Well this will look good on the RAP star resume. I think that is what he wanted to be anyway. Hate to see obvious talent wasted, but you have to be smarter than that.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe the team already told him he was being cut so he decided, "Hey, I don't have to pass a drug test any more, so...."

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Which is exactly why they'll probably keep him. That's how this organization rolls.

star-ving

Reaction score
Maybe he already knew he was getting cut

HBTXbz7.jpg

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
So does he have to wait until Tuesday to get released, maybe there is a night court there

817Gill

Reaction score
Technically if he’s suspended he won’t count as a roster spot for those games. The Cowboys could use that spot for another player while Rico’s still on the team. Then week 3-6 or whenever he’s back, the team can decide if they wanna cut someone to bring him onto the active roster or not.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Technically if he’s suspended he won’t count as a roster spot for those games. The Cowboys could use that spot for another player while Rico’s still on the team. Then week 3-6 or whenever he’s back, the team can decide if they wanna cut someone to bring him onto the active roster or not.
Suspend him for life, that way he can retire a Cowboy..