Twitter: Rico gathers Arrested Friday

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We have zero @ TE without Rico on the roster. Facts. So feel free to revel in this ridiculous news but our TE situation is worse than last year's Cleveland Brown season.

waldoputty

Reaction score
It’s a few shopping centers and apartment complexes in the area. The apartments I would call mid level or what the call in the industry “Class B Property”.

Anyway what’s interesting is the street that he was arrested on has no parking as it’s a 3-lane boulevard. Unless he was in one of the apartment parking lots.

ok, at least it was not some type of nasty area

gmoney112

Reaction score
Hahahah.

What an IDIOT.

Does that automatically place you in more stringent testing?

waldoputty

Reaction score
We have zero @ TE without Rico on the roster. Facts. So feel free to revel in this ridiculous news but our TE situation is worse than last year's Cleveland Brown season.
dont know what to say.
swaim is serviceable as a #2
i have no confidence in jarwin who cannot seem to make tough catches
schultz needs a year in the weight room
would not be surprised they keep rico and deal with the mess
who knows at this point

visionary

Reaction score
Hey, at least you’ve finally managed to pick a guy who actually doesn’t belong on the roster according to the RKG definition.

I’m sort of stunned here and, in a weird way, I’m happy for you.

I'm just helping you define yourself buddy

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The league cares so much, that most guys are tested once a year. They can freely use after passing that test.

Many players work in states where you can walk into a store and buy it without limits.

Texas is about the dumbest state in the union for continuing to make these arrests. Oooh, we smelled weed. That's the equivalent of waiting outside a bar and arresting anyone who gets in their car to drive off.

Let's spend some time chasing real crime there coppers.

I agree with you but don’t apply this to pro athletes that have so much to lose.

Even if Texas let you smoke it then he would still be in trouble with the league if he were caught because it’s against the rules and gets you suspended.

He’s on thin ice as it is and that just ended him in Dallas.

cej757

Reaction score
It's really not a big deal

He probably let his friend borrow the car..his friend probably got really high and left some weed in the car

Rico got the car back and had no idea the weed was there

Totally legit explanation

Happened to me before. Good thing I cleaned my car out before getting on the road.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Omg the seasons a loss. I guess that makes the decision pretty clear.

My guess is it was clear to the FO already this just allows the fans to let it go.

Didn’t understand the marijuana playbook either I guess. Good luck Rico

Post of the day!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Unless the team has some reliable reason to believe the cops planted the pot on him, and I would bet they don’t, they will anticipate a conviction and a league suspension. There really isn’t much question this puts his roster chances in jeopardy. If he was a well established player that would be different.

He could have at least had the good sense to do it earlier this summer so his suspension would have already been handed down. Then he could sit out his four games while we use the roster spot on someone else in the meantime.

As is, we know a suspension is probably coming, but we don't know when.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

This FO had brought this on themselves and now us fans have to suffer the consequences. No one is “reveling” in a nobody who was a bubble guy anyway possibly being cut from the team.

The problem isn’t that this guy may be gone now because of his stupidity the problem is this FO putting themselves in a situation where losing a bum like Rico Gathers will put them in a terrible situation in the first place.

This FO has no plan in place whatsoever.