Rico is eligible to practice this week

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
:muttley:

I'll believe it when I see it, and that's unfortunate.......
Okay, if that's what it takes. Witten has never been the only TE on the roster. Why are you have so much intolerance for Rico being there?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
got it...so I take it you are/were an M.D.? If so, based on your educated POV on this, what do you think is the issue with Rico's prolonged concussion protocol status? Many in this thread attribute it to the FO pulling a fast one and it really not being about the injury. Do you share that perspective or do you feel he has a brain injury to the level of severity that would keep him out for this extended period of time?

I'm in no possession of any data that the regular fan has. He's been out awhile. However, that just means he's had a mTBI and he's apparently coming back. The timeline for a mTBI is not that long. More than a little and less than a lot is all we have. If he's being allowed back on the field then he's cleared protocol. He's at greater risk than someone with no history of a TBI to have more sequelae from another TBI but not so great he can't play again. That's all we can gather from the timeline. We have no baseline data nor do we have data from serial exams including neuuo tests. We can conclude he's not testing positive right now though.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
When he starts taking Witten reps is when I’ll take the coaching staff a tiny bit seriously

robbieruff

Reaction score
I'm in no possession of any data that the regular fan has. He's been out awhile. However, that just means he's had a mTBI and he's apparently coming back. The timeline for a mTBI is not that long. More than a little and less than a lot is all we have. If he's being allowed back on the field then he's cleared protocol. He's at greater risk than someone with no history of a TBI to have more sequelae from another TBI but not so great he can't play again. That's all we can gather from the timeline. We have no baseline data nor do we have data from serial exams including neuuo tests. We can conclude he's not testing positive right now though.
OK...so based on the above response I am still not sure if your are or were a medical doctor or something related but perhaps you meant "yes" by your answer???:huh:

Moreover, I suppose, given your lack of addressing the other part of my question (about F.O. gaming as some contend) that you have no opinion about that angle...in any case, thanks for sharing.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
OK...so based on the above response I am still not sure if your are or were a medical doctor or something related but perhaps you meant "yes" by your answer???:huh:

Moreover, I suppose, given your lack of addressing the other part of my question (about F.O. gaming as some contend) that you have no opinion about that angle...in any case, thanks for sharing.

I gave you the best answer you can get from a perspective of having no further testing etc.

Verdict

Reaction score
Well I would. like to see Rico in real games. it is time. This may not be popular, but it is time to start a transition from the greatest TE ever to his heir apparent. So we need to see if Rico can show he can be that player, or isa they need to dip into another draft pick in 2018.

It's past time to cut into Witten's playing time. Way past time.