Rico signs with the Browns

GenoT

Reaction score
CBS broadcast booth, February 2, 2020...

“Mayfield to Gathers for the touchdown — again! Their third of the game! The miracle Cleveland Browns are for real!”

“Well, Tony, that certainly drives the last nail into the coffin for the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl 54, doesn’t it?”

“It certainly does, Jim. But trust me...Cabo’s nice this time of year...they’ll get over it.”

:);):eek::rolleyes:o_O

Bigdog

Reaction score
Garrett basically said they cut him because they decided he just didn't have the right demeanor (mindset) to play NFL football.

Garrett did say maybe he learns from the experience and will have success elsewhere.

I can't remember anyone with the Cowboys saying that about other players that they've cut.
Probably right but Jimmy Johnson would probably be more blunt about and said he just sucked.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he does anything with that team, what does that say about our coaches?
Nothing really.

Rico got into a mindset that the coaches were the reason he was not having great success.

The majority of people blame someone other than themselves when they fail.

Once he got fixated on that mindset, there was no way to coach him out of it.
- On a new team Rico will feel "wanted".
- On a new team the coaches will just see him for what he can do now.
- I expect him a make some team's roster and play some amount of snaps this season.

Most people probably work with someone that constantly moans and groans about the company.
- If the company is the problem, the employee needs to either strive to improve it or move to another company.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nothing that we haven't already known for nearly 10 years.
not that he can be any better then here, the issue is they try to force a square peg into a round hole.. if you have an athletic freak that can do one thing well, use him that way..i wont be surprised if he has few good moments wit the browns..they will send him down the seams 2-3 times game and say go catch it with qb that can drop it onto his hands in stride.. see what I did there lol

seriously they tried to make human all around TE and hes just a guy to send on 2 routes agents LBs and safety and say go get it...if you have a really tall but awkard running and moving Basketball player who noone can cover at the rim do you try to make him a Point guard or to play defense playing pickup? no you tell him go stand at the rim and throw it to him all game..most likely win for your team..

ghst187

Reaction score
If he does anything with that team, what does that say about our coaches?

It’s a double whammy that really shows the disconnect between the scouting dept and the coaches talent development. Aside from Rico,,....So far I know which side I trust more....

ESisback

Reaction score
We already saw Marcellus Bennett move on to be one of the better TEs in the league and we just made him block.

Bennett wasn’t anywhere NEAR one of the better TEs in the league, and he’s STILL a headcase! But yeah, far too often the coaches here try to force square pegs into round holes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bennett wasn’t anywhere NEAR one of the better TEs in the league, and he’s STILL a headcase! But yeah, far too often the coaches here try to force square pegs into round holes.

He was usually rated as one of the best. I believe he went to some pro bowls as well.