Ring Of Honor, who should be next?

Reaction score
How bout the most versatile safety to ever lace them up for the Boys, covered in the SLOT, could hit as hard as Roy, all time leading tackler- #28 Mr. Darren Woodson "Woody"

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
lockster;1488682 said:
I wish in the new stadium they would put up real sized statues of all the great cowboys. That way, just in case the ring of honor doesn't have enough room, the statues can give some justice to the guys that have been named and maybe have been instramental even if not ring of honor worthy. Erik Williams statues could be animated, like beating the you know what out of a Reggie White statue!! So on and so forth!!!

I haven't read about it in awhile, so I don't know if it's still a go, but they are supposed to make a Dallas Cowboys Hall of Fame and do like what your saying here in addition to the ring of honor. That will be one awesome museum to go to for a Cowboys fan, can't wait for it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think these players deserve it in no particular order.

Drew Pearson
Harvey Martin
Darren Woodson
Ed Jones
Charlie Waters
Cornell Green

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1488658 said:
Moose was just as important to the offense as any linemen we had back then. He is easily the most underappreciated member of those championship teams

He was great I'm not arguing that. But a blocking fullback shouldn't be in the ROH.

And if he is "just as important" as the lineman, then don't they all need to be put in too?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Hagman;1488668 said:
I would like to see some oldtimers let in while they are still alive to enjoy it.

1. John Niland--one of the great linemen in Cowboys history who played in 6 Pro Bowls. The Cowboys have stiffed their offensive linemen when it comes to honoring them. Only Rayfied Wright is in the ROH, and that came years overdue.

2. Cornell Green--I think that people forget what a great defensive back he was just because he was overshadowed by the supergreat Mel Renfro. He played in 5 Pro Bowls. Played multiple positions in the backfield and played them well.

I couldn't agree more with those two. I had totally forgot about Niland, but he is just as deserving as Martin or Pearson.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Hostile;1488808 said:
I think these players deserve it in no particular order.

Drew Pearson
Harvey Martin
Darren Woodson
Ed Jones
Charlie Waters
Cornell Green

Just to amplify, those first two names made the Hall of Fame's All-Decade Team of the 1970's, which should make them automatic choices for their own team's group of fame.

I say this because there are 15 Dallas players in the Ring of Honor, but only 13 Dallas players have ever made an All-Decade Team.

Not that we should depend on the HOF committee to recognize Cowboy greatness--from your list, Green and Woodson both had better credentials (at the time of the voting, as well as afterward) than other DB's who were named to the All-Decade Teams ahead of them--but when a Cowboy does get that kind of recognition outside of the organization as Drew and Harvey did, it's an embarrassment for the team not to respond.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
percyhoward;1488850 said:
I couldn't agree more with those two. I had totally forgot about Niland, but he is just as deserving as Martin or Pearson.
I forgot about Niland too. Ralph Neely probably deserves it too.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Hostile;1488923 said:
I forgot about Niland too. Ralph Neely probably deserves it too.
You're right. Neely only went to two Pro Bowls, compared to six for Niland, but Neely was named All-Pro 3 times to Niland's two.

Neely is also one of the 13 Cowboys to make an All-Decade Team. That's something that Dorsett and Aikman never did.

Cowboys who made HOF All-Decade Teams:
Larry Allen
Cliff Harris*
Michael Irvin*
Bob Lilly (twice)*
Harvey Martin
Ralph Neely
Drew Pearson
Mel Renfro*
Deion Sanders
Emmitt Smith*
Roger Staubach*
Randy White*
Rayfield Wright*

* indicates memeber of Ring of Honor

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
2149104qclolcopy.jpg

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1489003 said:

I want to make this my sig but it will probably piss a few people off that don't like my twisted sense of humor so I won't do it.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1489015 said:
I want to make this my sig but it will probably piss a few people off that don't like my twisted sense of humor so I won't do it.

That isn't real? :eek::confused:

Woods

Reaction score
I'd say definitely

Harvey Martin
Drew Pearson

Probably
Too Tall Jones as well.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;1489015 said:
You are correct sir.

NickZepp

Reaction score
It would be this order for me. Pearson, Too Tall Jones, Johnston, Martin, then Novacek. Woodson has to go in at some point. Probably after most of these are in.