***Rip on Romo Thread***

cowfan

Reaction score
I don't want to join the mob, but his is a great headline on a news' website about the lost.

Tony Romo is Lions' MVP; Cowboys lose in historic collapse, 34-30.

How true

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth, but even one of Romo's most ardent supporters, Babe Laufenberg admitted that he may finally be off of the Romo bandwagon and wondered if it's time for the organization to start looking elsewhere (implying the draft). Honestly, I've never heard him so dumbfounded.

Honestly, I think it's where I'm at now.

I wanted SO BADLY for Romo to be the guy, and for a while, I thought he was, but his inability to learn from his mistakes is maddening.

His "I must learn to protect the ball" post-game speeches have become tired.

His lack of ability to stop the bleeding is mind-boggling.

Truthfully, I wish he'd just stop talking to the press (see: Mark Cuban) and just play within himself. Don't tell us what you're going to do because it rings hollow now and just infuriates the fans when we hear the same ole same ole.

Breaks my heart that I no longer believe he can get us to the promised land.

Stautner

Reaction score
Star4Ever;4158914 said:
You just don't get it, and I don't know if it's because you don't want to or just can't see it. I never said we should go to a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense, but we have to be smart. Romo's first and third interceptions were not dink and dunk passes. They were dangerous passes. The slant was also a dangerous pass because it requires a lot of timing by the QB and the WR, and Robinson has almost no experience with Romo. You said yourself in one post that one of Romo's interceptions was on first down (his third interception actually). That was an extremely stupid play call given the situation. I just don't see how anyone can not find some (quite a bit if you ask me) fault with Garrett in losing this game. We couldn't even gain a half yard in the first quarter when we drove the ball on our second possession. I've seen enough the past 3-4 years to know this team lacks the toughness and/or preparation to have a consistently successful running game. That is on the coaching staff.

This is pure nonsense. By your definition EVERY pass would be a dangerous pass. A slant is VERY ordinary. The pass Carp picked off was VERY ordinary. The third pass was dangerous, but not because of the play call. Garrett did not call what Romo threw - that was a purely improvisational pass on Romo's part.

As for it being stupid to thow on first down, you are contradicting yourself to say that, and at the same time say you aren't advocating completely pulling back from the game plan and what had been successful. You can't say the pattern has to be to run on 1st down every time and at the same time say you don't advocate pulling the entire offense back.

And i see you ignored the fact that 87% of the 1st half was remaining when the INT's started coming. That's WAY too much time to change your entire offensive attitude.

Garrett did pull back some - that made some sense. But Garrett HAD to make sure he didn't kill the momentum and the tone of the game with most of the 2nd half still to play.

All that said, I wouldn't call Garrett completely blameless, just as i wouldn't cazll all the coaches and players other than Romo blameless, but for the most part he called a reasonable game that wasn't executed by Romo as it should havbe been.

Suggesting Romo is too stupid to handle making a smart decision does not make me believe Garrett is at fault,

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Stautner;4158966 said:
This is pure nonsense. By your definition EVERY pass would be a dangerous pass. A slant is VERY ordinary. The pass Carp picked off was VERY ordinary. The third pass was dangerous, but not because of the play call. Garrett did not call what Romo threw - that was a purely improvisational pass on Romo's part.

As for it being stupid to thow on first down, you are contradicting yourself to say that, and at the same time say you aren't advocating completely pulling back from the game plan and what had been successful. You can't say the pattern has to be to run on 1st down every time and at the same time say you don't advocate pulling the entire offense back.

And i see you ignored the fact that 87% of the 1st half was remaining when the INT's started coming. That's WAY too much time to change your entire offensive attitude.

Garrett did pull back some - that made some sense. But Garrett HAD to make sure he didn't kill the momentum and the tone of the game with most of the 2nd half still to play.

All that said, I wouldn't call Garrett completely blameless, but for the most part he called a reasonable game that wasn't exected by Romo as it should havbe been.

Suggesting Romo is too stupid to handle making a smart decision does not make me believe Garrett is at fault,

A slant is a fairly ordinary pass play, but not when your QB and WR have almost no experience with each other. It's a matter of timing and trust between them. The pass that Campbell intercepted was in no way an "ordinary" pass. It was an out to the sideline and it was covered. Throw in the fact that the pass was underthrown and it's a dangerous pass. Yea, I know, Garrett can't throw it for Romo but he called the play and I think it was too risky considering a 24 point lead. As far as the last interception, none of us know whether Romo went off the reservation or Garrett called the pass. Either way, we should not have thrown that pass. Extremely poor decision making on someone's part. As for Garrett overall, he certainly didn't kill momentum. He killed a win.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4158969 said:
Over 17,400 views and counting. :eek:

Hostile;4158981 said:
Tony "Rain Maker" Romo.

I hope people get the movie reference.
Also known as "Dirty Laundry." We all love the train wrecks.

For reference and comparison purposes only, a thread supporting the man.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Stautner;4158966 said:
Pure nonsense is loosing a 27-3 point lead in the 3rd quarter.

Those interceptions sure killed the momentum.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;4158954 said:
Take it for what it's worth, but even one of Romo's most ardent supporters, Babe Laufenberg admitted that he may finally be off of the Romo bandwagon and wondered if it's time for the organization to start looking elsewhere (implying the draft). Honestly, I've never heard him so dumbfounded.

Honestly, I think it's where I'm at now.

I wanted SO BADLY for Romo to be the guy, and for a while, I thought he was, but his inability to learn from his mistakes is maddening.

His "I must learn to protect the ball" post-game speeches have become tired.

His lack of ability to stop the bleeding is mind-boggling.

Truthfully, I wish he'd just stop talking to the press (see: Mark Cuban) and just play within himself. Don't tell us what you're going to do because it rings hollow now and just infuriates the fans when we hear the same ole same ole.

Breaks my heart that I no longer believe he can get us to the promised land.
honest to God, when he threw that 3rd pick off his back foot i turned to my friend and said he is doing this on purpose. i had no other explanation for that last interception then he was doing it on purpose. this is how mentally unstable romo has made me.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
One thing is certain. It's easy for all of us to criticize after the fact. While I certainly have criticized the second half play calling and Romo's picks, we would all be crowing about the pass plays had they worked. I get that. It's human nature to gripe when things go wrong. Still doesn't change the fact that I wish we had ran the ball more in the second half------considering how it all turned out. :)

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4158969 said:
Over 17,400 views and counting. :eek:

What can you say? An epic failure like we witnessed today deserves an epic thread to discuss said epic failure.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
JonJon;4158995 said:
What can you say? An epic failure like we witnessed today deserves an epic thread to discuss said epic failure.

Oh, I wasn't being critical at all. I just think that's about as high a number as I've seen in such a short period of time.

Stautner

Reaction score
JonJon;4158986 said:
Pure nonsense is loosing a 27-3 point lead in the 3rd quarter.

Those interceptions sure killed the momentum.
this is the most useless post of the thread. It says nothing at all about what is being discussed. It says nothing at all about who or what is to blame for the loss, and it is based on an unthinking after the fact observance of the result.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4159004 said:
Oh, I wasn't being critical at all. I just think that's about as high a number as I've seen in such a short period of time.

Oh I know man. I agree it is a high post/read count for the time frame. That's why it's epic though, because an epic failure deserves this kind of thread.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;4158954 said:

Shocked that no one's acknowledging this.

Those in the DFW area know that Babe has been a staunch supporter of Romo and is now saying he may be out.

Of course, he's not the final say, but to me, his admission is a pretty big (and not good) deal and indictment on Romo's mental gaffes.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I been a big Romo supporter and defended him for years. The Jets game did me in on Romo because it was the same thing from the last three years. Then he built up some goodwill with his performance against the SF and them the Skins game and he totally loses any thing he had did again.

The issue is this team has had two historic losses in two games where they given up big leads and the root of the problem is the QB has had 5 of the turnovers.

The Jets game the fumble was all on Romo not protecting the ball; then the pick was just a dumb stupid throw.

Then this game the first pick 6 another throw he should not have forced but he did. A throw away would have been a better play. The 2nd one I will cut him a little slack on that one but the third pick was another :banghead::banghead: throw.

Now I know why Jason wanted to draft Dalton in the 2nd round he is a better QB as a rookie.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Stautner;4159014 said:
this is the most useless post of the thread. It says nothing at all about what is being discussed. It says nothing at all about who or what is to blame for the loss, and it is based on an unthinking after the fact observance of the result.

LOL, what are you talking about? It has everything to do with what is being discussed. Go away. Is what I said untrue?

Stautner

Reaction score
JonJon;4159031 said:
LOL, what are you talking about? It has everything to do with what is being discussed. Go away. Is what I said untrue?

All you did was state undisputed facts. You told everyone we lost a big lead, and the INT's hurt us. Now there is a news flash!

But it said nothing at all about the details, causes, issues, opinioins etc that are going into this discussion.

RESIN8

Reaction score
I almost bought into the hype. Just like Raider fan. Once again this is what Al Davis Jr has given us.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Stautner;4159059 said:
All you did was state undisputed facts. You told everyone we lost a big lead, and the INT's hurt us. Now there is a news flash!

But it said nothing at all about the details, causes, issues, opinioins etc that are going into this discussion.

Get a life. Really. I've already done that throughout this thread. Feel free to read all the post first before you come on here accusing people.