***Rip on Romo Thread***

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
popp1234;4159276 said:
When did I judge tonight? I know he threw 3 ints with two of them being returned for touchdowns. I don't have to get into a game of percentages to know that.
Yes, you do, but I'm not shocked that you don't know what I am driving at.

I'll stop being subtle. Was any throw that Romo made that was picked off tonight, impossible to be completed, a guaranteed failure any time we try it, and a throw that he has had this same result over and over and over again?

Was any one of them a recurring bad play that can be superimposed over a half dozen just like it. Same routes, same throws, same bad results?

Your answer should be no. If it was, what did you just learn about the game of football that you haven't been considering?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
crazytown41;4159278 said:
This has gone lone enough. The fumble against Seattle was our 1st sign of what is to become. We should've seen the red flag.

He is what he is.
Yep, just like those 2 INTs Joe Montana threw in his 10th NFL start.

Bad juju that the 49ers should have seen to tell them to go another direction.

Great stuff.

popp1234

Reaction score
Hostile;4159279 said:
Yes, you do, but I'm not shocked that you don't know what I am driving at.

I'll stop being subtle. Was any throw that Romo made that was picked off tonight, impossible to be completed, a guaranteed failure any time we try it, and a throw that he has had this same result over and over and over again?

Was any one of them a recurring bad play that can be superimposed over a half dozen just like it. Same routes, same throws, same bad results?

Your answer should be no. If it was, what did you just learn about the game of football that you haven't been considering?

I am not shocked that you would make that not so subtle condescending comment, football God.

Nice of you to tell me what my answer "should" be. I will watch the replay then make my own analysis and conclusions about a particular play.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
popp1234;4159283 said:
I am not shocked that you would make that not so subtle condescending comment, football God.

Nice of you to tell me what my answer "should" be. I will watch the replay then make my own analysis and conclusions about a particular play.
There was not one thing about that comment that was condescending. In fact, I said I was being a bit too subtle and wasn't surprised that you did not know what I was driving at.

I put the onus on me, not you, to make the point clear. Get over yourself.

popp1234

Reaction score
Hostile;4159294 said:
There was not one thing about that comment that was condescending. In fact, I said I was being a bit too subtle and wasn't surprised that you did not know what I was driving at.

I put the onus on me, not you, to make the point clear. Get over yourself.

I take that to heart coming from you. You being so humble and all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
popp1234;4159297 said:
I take that to heart coming from you. You being so humble and all.
Okay, so you can accuse me of condescension when there was none, call me a name on top of that, and completely misinterpret an entire post, and when I reply to get over yourself because there was no condescension you're simply going to get panties in a wad and throw out more insults.

Beautiful. You can have the last word on this discussion. I won't waste my time.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
crazytown41;4159278 said:
This has gone lone enough. The fumble against Seattle was our 1st sign of what is to become. We should've seen the red flag.

He is what he is.

LOL, that’s funny. I think Romo has caused me more heart-ache than my love life. Romo has probably taken 4-5 years off my life.

poost

Reaction score
Hostile;4159267 said:
Hard for me to argue that.

What about the 1st or 3rd INT?

Do any of those %'s apply to them?

1st INT seemed like a forced throw by Romo without properly reading the coverage. I mean I was sitting on my couch saying Dez is 1on1 he's got it. Maybe he just didn't see Barbie.

3rd INT was pretty much a jumpball to Witten. I'd take Witten 1on1 anytime too. He comes up with catches that are just absurd for a TE. Romo needed a better throw, but at that point of the game, he was trying to hit a home run instead of get on base.

popp1234

Reaction score
Hostile;4159301 said:
Okay, so you can accuse me of condescension when there was none, call me a name on top of that, and completely misinterpret an entire post, and when I reply to get over yourself because there was no condescension you're simply going to get panties in a wad and throw out more insults.

Beautiful. You can have the last word on this discussion. I won't waste my time.

Hos, you dictated the tone of the conversation, not me. If you were not speaking in a condescending manner, then my fault.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
popp1234;4159311 said:
Hos, you dictated the tone of the conversation, not me. If you were not speaking in a condescending manner, then my fault.
I was not. I clearly said I wasn't shocked and I would stop being subtle.

The point is Romo has completed those passes dozens of times in his career here. If he was throwing INTs on the exact same route, play call, and read, I could see the need for all this hand wringing about he doesn't get it.

He does get it. Sometimes it just ain't your day. It wasn't his day.

Bobby Freaking Carpenter...

crazytown41

Reaction score
Hostile;4159282 said:
Yep, just like those 2 INTs Joe Montana threw in his 10th NFL start.

Bad juju that the 49ers should have seen to tell them to go another direction.

Great stuff.
:huh: Montana won a Superbowl in his 3rd season.

This is Romo's 6th season behind center.

Great comparison! Great stuff!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
crazytown41;4159322 said:
:huh: Montana won a Superbowl in his 3rd season.

This is Romo's 6th season behind center.

Great comparison! Great stuff!
The bobble that you said was a clue to Romo's inability was in 2006, Romo's 1st behind center.

At least make a cursory effort to be consistent.

popp1234

Reaction score
Hostile;4159317 said:

The point is Romo has completed those passes dozens of times in his career here. If he was throwing INTs on the exact same route, play call, and read, I could see the need for all this hand wringing about he doesn't get it.

Hos, based on those comments, I am beginning to wonder if you are a staunch Romo fan or if you just don't want to be wrong about him in the end.

It just doesn't do it for me, sorry.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
popp1234;4159328 said:
Hos, based on those comments, I am beginning to wonder if you are a staunch Romo fan or if you just don't want to be wrong about him in the end.

It just doesn't do it for me, sorry.
I am a Cowboys fan. If we had a better option I'd replace him in an instant.

I know ability and the man has ability to do things other QBs cannot do. No one can determine what makes championships, but I'll ride the horse we've got and take my chances. Others can wish for fantasies. I am stuck in the real world.

popp1234

Reaction score
Hostile;4159331 said:

I know ability and the man has ability to do things other QBs cannot do. No one can determine what makes championships, but I'll ride the horse we've got and take my chances. Others can wish for fantasies. I am stuck in the real world.

.....and I agree with everything you just said. Especially the part in bold. I get where you are coming from, more than you know. :)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile;4159331 said:

that is the truth of it...if we don't have anymore horses in the Stalls we ride the one we got or we walk.

5XCowboys

Reaction score
This guy is a total loser....Common problem blowing big leads...
:storm:
Some leader....I wish Clint Longley would come out of hiding and smack his face in!

If Landry were coach he would have benched his *** oh wait he would replaced him with Gary Hoogeboom...***!!!!!!!!!

:horse:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;4159317 said:

I thought the one he threw to Bobby was a terrible decision, not only was Bobby right there but the CB had leverage and looked like he would have had a shot to pick it off as well, or at the very least easily bat it down, from what I remember.

And being that was the play that completely swung the momentum, I don't think it was a matter of it just being "one of those days", there's nothing wrong with saying he made a bad decision, he's not the first (or worst) QB to make one.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Hostile;4159331 said:
I know ability and the man has ability to do things other QBs cannot do.

Yup, he has the ability to lose you a 24 point 3rd Qtr lead by himself. Not many QBs have that ability.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hard to defend you Tony! I guess you'll never shake the "choker" label. Oh, and thanks for the worst meltdown in Cowboys' history! You alone earned that record.