***Rip on Romo Thread***

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I was on the Romo wagon through thick and thin but he lost me tonight. I'll still cheer for him when he does well, but I've lost all faith in his ability to lead this team to a championship. I would have no problem with it if we began actively seeking out his replacement.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I think Romo is a damn good quarterback -- easily a top 10 QB in this league -- but a guy who has a critical flaw that seems likely to prevent him from ever joining that championship tier of passers.

He's simply due for a mistake at any time, and you just don't know when it's coming. And usually, it's a critical gaffe -- not a garden variety, first-quarter INT that leads to a 3-0 deficit.

It's been interesting to see his transformation. There was a time when "Bad Tony" equated to what we saw at that infamous home game against Philly in which Jessica Simpson attended. He'd struggle to do much of anything, looking "off" all game. Frankly, it's hard to remember the last time he was truly ineffective for a large duration of a game. It seems like he's good for 300 yards and 60-plus-percent completion percentage every week.

But the mistake, at some point is a comin' -- and it's killing his ability to capitalize on what is otherwise a remarkable set of skills.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Dale;4159135 said:
I think Romo is a damn good quarterback -- easily a top 10 QB in this league -- but a guy who has a critical flaw that seems likely to prevent him from ever joining that championship tier of passers.

He's simply due for a mistake at any time, and you just don't know when it's coming. And usually, it's a critical gaffe -- not a garden variety, first-quarter INT that leads to a 3-0 deficit.

It's been interesting to see his transformation. There was a time when "Bad Tony" equated to what we saw at that infamous home game against Philly in which Jessica Simpson attended. He'd struggle to do much of anything, looking "off" all game. Frankly, it's hard to remember the last time he was truly ineffective for a large duration of a game. It seems like he's good for 300 yards and 60-plus-percent completion percentage every week.

But the mistake, at some point is a comin' -- and it's killing his ability to capitalize on what is otherwise a remarkable set of skills.

:hammer:

Well put.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Dale;4159135 said:

The problem is we can live with one mistake in most games (not all), but the multiple mistakes are very hard to overcome, and when Tony makes a mistake there is normally a twin or triplet to accompany it.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;4159026 said:
Shocked that no one's acknowledging this.

Those in the DFW area know that Babe has been a staunch supporter of Romo and is now saying he may be out.

Of course, he's not the final say, but to me, his admission is a pretty big (and not good) deal and indictment on Romo's mental gaffes.

I saw the tail end of that and was thinking did Babe really just jump ship Romo? Like you, I was shocked but assumed I didn't hear the entire story.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
yimyammer;4159188 said:
I saw the tail end of that and was thinking did Babe really just jump ship Romo? Like you, I was shocked but assumed I didn't hear the entire story.
Is this archived anywhere? I'd like to listen to it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
tupperware;4159195 said:

I would also like to hear that. I am also wondering what other rumblings we will be hearing in the next 2 weeks out of Valley Ranch. Maybe some Locker room BS where another defensive player had to yell at OHNO ROMO.

yimyammer

Reaction score
tupperware;4159195 said:

Not that I am aware of, it was on tonights sports cast for channel 11 news, I did a quick search but couldn't find anything

Zman5

Reaction score
yimyammer;4159188 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Babe did do that. He would never put any blame on JG.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Dale;4159135 said:

The worst part is that 2009 is starting to look like an aberration. It was the only year where his int % was below 3 (well below it in fact). Over the rest of his career, he's basically thrown a pick every 30 attempts. Contrast that with Brady and Rodgers, who have thrown a pick every 45-50 attempts over their careers. (Ironically, Favre's career interception rate is the same as Romo's over the last two seasons--3.3. I never cared for Favre very much though).

If he can right himself to his 2009 form, then the sky's the limit, but that looks like a very big if right now.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
As usual, I will leave my personal comments about Romo until the end of our season, or unless we're mathematically eliminated. The one thing I will say is, when he does throw an interception or fumble or something, I wish he would just simply get himself under control and stop the spiral.

INTs will happen. And if it happens, just put it behind you, don't drop your head, and come out there, don't panic, just get back to doing what you did in the first half. But it just seems like once he makes a devastating mistake, he completely loses his composure.

poost

Reaction score
Clove;4159237 said:
As usual, I will leave my personal comments about Romo until the end of our season, or unless we're mathematically eliminated. The one thing I will say is, when he does throw an interception or fumble or something, I wish he would just simply get himself under control and stop the spiral.

INTs will happen. And if it happens, just put it behind you, don't drop your head, and come out there, don't panic, just get back to doing what you did in the first half. But it just seems like once he makes a devastating mistake, he completely loses his composure.

That's the thing tha tgets me. After the first INT, Romo seemed to be flustered and trying to hit the big play on every down. I wish he would just take a step back, trust in the game plan, and have selective amnesia.

popp1234

Reaction score
Clove;4159237 said:

I wonder what the hell Wade Wilson is here for. You would think he could have a calming effect on Romo. Pull him to the side and calm him down. Maybe he does talk to Romo about ball security and situation awareness. Maybe Romo just can't help himself. :confused:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
popp1234;4159254 said:
I wonder what the hell Wade Wilson is here for. You would think he could have a calming effect on Romo. Pull him to the side and calm him down. Maybe he does talk to Romo about ball security and situation awareness. Maybe Romo just can't help himself. :confused:
Tell me something.

The throw that was picked off by Houston. Concentrate on just that throw for me.

Will that one be picked off every time he throws it, 75% of the time, 50% of the time, 25% of the time, or is there no way to determine that?

popp1234

Reaction score
Hostile;4159257 said:
Tell me something.

The throw that was picked off by Houston. Concentrate on just that throw for me.

Will that one be picked off every time he throws it, 75% of the time, 50% of the time, 25% of the time, or is there no way to determine that?

I am overseas, so I can't see the game live. I rely on Clove and his play-by-play. Therefore, I cannot accurately give you an answer regarding that specific play until I see it.

poost

Reaction score
Hostile;4159257 said:
Tell me something.

I truly believe if that is either Dez or Miles the catch is made. Robinson ran a sloppy route and did not fight for the ball.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
poost;4159263 said:
I truly believe if that is either Dez or Miles the catch is made. Robinson ran a sloppy route and did not fight for the ball.
Hard for me to argue that.

What about the 1st or 3rd INT?

Do any of those %'s apply to them?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
popp1234;4159260 said:
I am overseas, so I can't see the game live. I rely on Clove and his play-by-play. Therefore, I cannot accurately give you an answer regarding that specific play until I see it.
A wild guess is going to be about as accurate as seeing it.

Yes, I know you live in or near the Philippines.

How can you judge anything you've posted tonight at all without seeing it?

popp1234

Reaction score
Hostile;4159269 said:
A wild guess is going to be about as accurate as seeing it.

Yes, I know you live in or near the Philippines.

How can you judge anything you've posted tonight at all without seeing it?

When did I judge tonight? I know he threw 3 ints with two of them being returned for touchdowns. I don't have to get into a game of percentages to know that.
You never saw me post detailed comments on a particular play, did you?

crazytown41

Reaction score
This has gone lone enough. The fumble against Seattle was our 1st sign of what is to become. We should've seen the red flag.

He is what he is.