Twitter: Rivera on McCarthy’s winning claim, “I think it’s a mistake”

shabazz

Reaction score
I think you're thinking too deep into it. I just think he's doing what coaches do. Put a little pressure on the guys and give them a test of a hard, physical tough matchup. They should go into every game guaranteeing they win.

In the real world, 99% of what the players say or act have nothing to do with the fans at all....but this is an exception. Ive been getting hammered by all my Wredskin fans right after “The Guarantee”

I agree that this won’t affect the players one bit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW..MM didn't exactly make any guarantees. if u listen 2 the entire sound bite, he said what any HC would. I just wish he would have refrained from any comment at all.

shabazz

Reaction score
BTW..MM didn't exactly make any guarantees. if u listen 2 the entire sound bite, he said what any HC would. I just wish he would have refrained from any comment at all.

Your right....ESPN added that to the heading.....I bought into the fake news

Rayman70

Reaction score
Your right....ESPN added that to the heading.....I bought into the fake news
BSPN is great at that. Creating a false narrative and Promoting it as a fact. Its really seedy. They been doing this for 20 years now. Thats why no one trusts them

shabazz

Reaction score
BSPN is great at that. Creating a false narrative and Promoting it as a fact. Its really seedy. They been doing this for 20 years now. Thats why no one trusts them

I should have known better. They slipped that one by me.....I haven’t watched them or the regular news for a long time.

RaZon

Reaction score
Screw that. I’m tired of the PC Garrett bull crap. About time we said what we were going to do

I totally agree if you are a player, as a HC you take on another role, you are the captain of the ship, everything you say or do is for what's best for the crew, running your mouth like some drunk seaman ain't it. What if you ran your mouth and lose, well? So there goes ever predicting another win. If ya do it will be,.....wish he'd shut up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I listened to it, and he was asked a question and answered it the way I'd expect any coach to answer it. It didn't sound like Big Mike was guaranteeing anything IMO.
That’s the way it’s being interpreted in the media and all over the newspapers.

If you say you’re going to win that’s a guarantee. Which isn’t something we normally see from coaches in the media.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That’s the way it’s being interpreted in the media and all over the newspapers.

If you say you’re going to win that’s a guarantee. Which isn’t something we normally see from coaches in the media.

That's exactly what the media is good at. Taking things of out of context.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I should have known better. They slipped that one by me.....I haven’t watched them or the regular news for a long time.
Yeah me either. i haven't watched in 6-7 years unless it was the draft.

Praxit

Reaction score
..lol...the media and all its exploitation's.. Media is like a 3rd grader spilling the juice everywhere.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Swagger? scuse me if I cast doubt on if we deserve such talk. Until we SHOW we are worthy 2 have swagger, lets just chill and see what we do Sunday...then against Zona. Then if we win both games, we can talk swagger. That stuff has 2 be earned with skins on the wall. The 90's Dallas teams invented that term and backed it up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we go 1 and 2 in these next 3 games. We will finish 10-7. I think worst case is we beat Washington(split), then sweep the Giants, then lose 2 philly. I think 10-7 or 11-6 is very feasible and the reality.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think you are overestimating the effect some coachspeak has on players. Minimal, at the most. Prolly closer to no effect.
I disagree. Many OF THESE SO CALLED COLLEGE PLAYERS are from broken homes, and fatherless. Just as a fact. MANY in turn had a pseudo Father figure(coaches) in HS, College and now at the pro level...so yeah...when a HC speaks THEY LISTEN. These guys drink the Kool aid or they wouldn't be this driven. What I like about Rivera is he doesn't run his mouth, but he gives his guys 1 goal, 1 task and they run thru a wall for him. They love him. He is their father in a sense., it carries much more weight than many would think. WFT is playing like a true team..gritty, like their HC. MM God Bless him, does he have the same affect on his team? We will see Sunday. All the cards will be laid out on the table. In my opinion, the playoffs start Sunday.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But why did he think the players needed it. And why now? ?

They're facing one of the hottest teams in the league right now. And they've been less than stellar these last 5 games.....finally has everyone healthy...its like the playoffs are starting now for McCarthy IMO.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I wish this place existed when jimmy gave his 3 inch letter soundbite