Signed by Cowboys Rob Davis hired as coaching assistant *Merge*

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
If he is assistant head coach that puts everyone on notice that he has some clout, not someone you can just blow off like a chump. This is a smart move by Mac.
I for one have loved all the hires so far, it's good to see some real change. Whether it works or not is yet to be seen, but haven't felt this good (or any good for that matter) in quite a few years.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Upon retiring from the NFL, Davis joined the Packers' staff as Director of Player Development. Davis works for Pierce Manufacturing- an industry leader in fire apparatus. Rob helps lead the company's People First culture efforts as senior director of people and culture. Davis left Pierce Manufacturing in January of 2020 to join former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy with the Dallas Cowboys organization.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQR40hiuxQkYMt1QfIaspnXvb30LJKR08PnBbFmcaD2x9ti0ftx
Senior director of People and culture.
I guess Our players can look forward to team building trips to the Fort Worth ballet co.
Maybe Xavier Su'a-Filo can learn to move His feet.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
MM recently said that he has more say in player acquisition that he ever had at Green Bay. Maybe this is him just owning up to not having the experience and wanting someone in his corner when he is as the table with the Jones and Clay. That is the only logical thing I can come up with to make this make sense.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
My guess is McCarthy wanted Davis in some sort of advisory personnel role and the Jones boys were like "no, no, we've got that nice and covered," so McCarthy made him assistant head coach.

fredp22

Reaction score
Upon retiring from the NFL, Davis joined the Packers' staff as Director of Player Development. Davis works for Pierce Manufacturing- an industry leader in fire apparatus. Rob helps lead the company's People First culture efforts as senior director of people and culture. Davis left Pierce Manufacturing in January of 2020 to join former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy with the Dallas Cowboys organization.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQR40hiuxQkYMt1QfIaspnXvb30LJKR08PnBbFmcaD2x9ti0ftx
sounds like someone good at blocking the door/deflecting questions when he's getting those massages. Dont get the assistant HC title and underwhelmed by the staff assembled so far but-
a person who was an industry leader in fire apparatus thats never been on a coaching staff hired as the assistant head coach is still better than Garrett and
still willing to go into the season giving him benefit of the doubt

willia451

Reaction score
Wow...this is something else. We went from Garrett and a few spare imbeciles just kinda staggering around the sidelines, to the Red Army marching on Berlin. :eek:

I heard they are still finding some former Cowboys coaches hiding in their bunkers. Having to burn them out. A nasty business. But necessary.

JFBiuiL.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I for one have loved all the hires so far, it's good to see some real change. Whether it works or not is yet to be seen, but haven't felt this good (or any good for that matter) in quite a few years.
Change for the sake of changes is not a good thing. Change needs to have a purpose and I don't see the need for this hire of Rob Davis. How is he qualified to be the assistant HC when he has never worked on a coaching staff at any level? I don't see it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think he's a motivational guy of sorts...but its a bit of a head scratcher. I'm just going to trust MM on this.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think he wanted back into football. I also think MM had him pegged all along for a role with him, wherever he went. One report said he was going to work with the defense, now we hear he is an analytics guy lol...what THE heck is that? What will he actually be doing? YES its a murky hire, but again, I guess we gonna have to trust MM on this. Jerry really has given him carte blanch it seems.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Sounds a little like his job may be somewhat similar to what Calvin Hill has done.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
between the great Chase Haslett and this new guy we might go undefeated next season.

willia451

Reaction score
Im an 80,s dude. LOL Last of the boomers, born in 64.

Then you're not really a boomer. Your Gen X. I'm in the same boat born in '63. I meet real boomers born in the late 40s and 50s and have absolutely nothing in common with them. They talk about 60s music, the moon landing, and Vietnam and I'm talking 80s music, the space shuttle, and Iran.

Be proud of being Gen X. Screw those boomers. :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here’s the link to the article if you’re interested: https://insidethestar.com/report-da...o-coaching-staff-as-assistant-head-coach/amp/

and here’s an interesting tidbit from the article:

“It remains to be seen exactly what his role on the coaching staff will be, but from past experience, it appears that he’ll be charged with mentoring players to grow both on and off the field. For the Cowboys, it can’t hurt to have someone with his experience to help players find the balance in their responsibilities as players with some of the business and personal opportunities those players may have off the field.”

Jaylon Smith and CEV? Demarcus Lawrence and Hotboyz lifestyle?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe his role will be to get players to take their heads out of their *** and actually focus on football?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im thinking he is getting hired to be the fall guy if the staff doesn't work out.

We would be some much better if we didnt have Rob Davis and whatever stuff he does

Of course! That’s got to be it!

Believing they are hiring a person solely to be a fall guy allows fans who are so inclined to continue developing a soap opera story line to follow. It’s funny how that seems more important to some fans than following football.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Davis is a fixer/babysitter. Player gets into a drunken argument with his girlfriend in public....Davis makes the story go away. Players smokin dem TWEEDS lol, that story never gets written either. He's good at it too.
Okay, the Wolf from Pulp fiction then.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
after the excellent Edwards hire, this is another strange hire, almost as bad as the Nolan hire.

who is this guy, and does he even know anything about running a team of coaches???

Just think. We're just one Mike McCarthy health issue away from Head Coach Rob Davis.

I feel good about it.