Rob Ryan critiques our defense on the last drive

DiResta

Reaction score
Did you watch the whole video? Obviously not. The words he used were "really bad playing and bad scheme". It's at the 39 second mark. Watch the whole video before making a dumb comment.
yeah i did actually
if he feels running a cover 5 rushing 3 was a bad idea maybe it was he would know
but obviously you and i both know he was talking about the idea to cover instead of rush 4 or 5 and you want to spin it like thats the system Rod runs and it sucks he sucks players suck
he rushed 3 in Lambeau and it worked well
Dallas wasnt getting pressure Lee is out Durant is a back up to a guy who cant play right now Hitchens just came back
i see nothing wrong with the call-scheme on that series because it gets the most speed and best players on the field
the problem was just what he said the linebackers didnt do what they were supposed to and Lewis didnt turn in time to make the play, but a do over maybe he does
i think he will be very good, i take my chances with him

but no more debate with you, its annoying
just bring in your sure thing fire everyone waive trade all the players blow it up
good idea

Zman5

Reaction score
yeah i did actually
if he feels running a cover 5 rushing 3 was a bad idea maybe it was he would know
but obviously you and i both know he was talking about the idea to cover instead of rush 4 or 5 and you want to spin it like thats the system Rod runs and it sucks he sucks players suck
he rushed 3 in Lambeau and it worked well
Dallas wasnt getting pressure Lee is out Durant is a back up to a guy who cant play right now Hitchens just came back
i see nothing wrong with the call-scheme on that series because it gets the most speed and best players on the field
the problem was just what he said the linebackers didnt do what they were supposed to and Lewis didnt turn in time to make the play, but a do over maybe he does
i think he will be very good, i take my chances with him

but no more debate with you, its annoying
just bring in your sure thing fire everyone waive trade all the players blow it up
good idea

Once again his words in the beginning of the video was "...really bad plays and bad scheme!".

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Without watching the video yet, I think Rob Ryan's tenure in Dallas makes him ineligible to comment about this.

Even though our defense does suck just as bad if not worse than when he was here.
As an opposing fan and I've never, I mean NEVER feared my team playing a Rob Ryan defense. Don't know why he is considered a "defensive genius".

Must be the rep of his father being passed down.

haleyrules

Reaction score
As an opposing fan and I've never, I mean NEVER feared my team playing a Rob Ryan defense. Don't know why he is considered a "defensive genius".

Must be the rep of his father being passed down.
His father was a stupid, fat, ugly prick. If any man is qualified to critique a poor defense it would be Rob Ryan.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Robs Defenses>>>Marinellis

Yea i said it

You can say it, but it's never been true. Rob runs a much more unpredictable scheme that often confuses the defenders as much as the other team's offense, which is why he's had limited success wherever he's been and what led to the more predictable Kiffin/Marinelli scheme was brought in. Ryan's defense was good for a few nice plays using gimmicks, but then would get badly exposed when the gimmick didn't work.

Marinelli's scheme needs great players at some key positions. Ryan's scheme is more dependent on the other team not figuring out his gimmicks. I'd prefer something in between those two extremes.

Reactions: CWR

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You can say it, but it's never been true. Rob runs a much more unpredictable scheme that often confuses the defenders as much as the other team's offense, which is why he's had limited success wherever he's been and what led to the more predictable Kiffin/Marinelli scheme was brought in. Ryan's defense was good for a few nice plays using gimmicks, but then would get badly exposed when the gimmick didn't work.

Marinelli's scheme needs great players at some key positions. Ryan's scheme is more dependent on the other team not figuring out his gimmicks. I'd prefer something in between those two extremes.
Robs defenses here, have never given up as many points per game as Marinelli has this year. Those are facts.

And a scheme that needs mostly great players isnt a very good scheme now is it?

Wolfpack

Reaction score
That's good fair stuff from Ryan. He knows what he is watching. He's a veteran coach who know defenses.

Blown LB coverage and the final call that left the CB exposed with no help over the top.

Some is the players and some is the scheme. Both are at fault

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Without watching the video yet, I think Rob Ryan's tenure in Dallas makes him ineligible to comment about this.

Even though our defense does suck just as bad if not worse than when he was here.

Rob's problem was he was too gimmicky with his schemes and blitzing. But, he's dead on here. This is just fundamental football concepts. The play that bothers me the least is actually the running play because you probably don't expect a run there, but it's still bad.

Rod's had 4 years (really 5 years) to do something and we are regressing...not progressing.

YR