Rob Ryan critiques our defense on the last drive

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Without watching the video yet, I think Rob Ryan's tenure in Dallas makes him ineligible to comment about this.

Even though our defense does suck just as bad if not worse than when he was here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what did he say? Video is down.

He basically said the LBs erred in not covering up the b-gap on the big run on the final drive, and again in both shadowing the back instead of one of them taking Rodgers on his scramble, and that Heath blew his responsibility over the top on the game-winning back shoulder throw that burned Jourdan Lewis.

DiResta

Reaction score
Basically saying our scheme sucks and some of our players suck.

no he didnt
he said the linebackers didnt fill the gap on 1 play and didnt communicate on who takes the qb or rb in the next, that mike should spy Rodgers
he then said bad call by coordinator
not that Marinelli has a bad scheme no matter how many times you keep saying it

gmoney112

Reaction score
I guess I'll be that guy.

Gotta reserve judgment on Rod since that Chicago defense over his years there was one of the most playmaking defenses I've seen lately. It's up there with Seattle from a few years ago. They singlehandedly made that team competitive. QBs were scared in the pocket, and they forced a ton of turnovers.

They also had Julius Peppers, Briggs, Urlacher, and one of the most underrated corners in the modern era in Tillman.

I'm not opposed to replacing Rod, but I'd want to give him one more year with a front office that actually goes and gets some horses this off-season.

The Titans defense has also been pretty terrible and their coordinator is Dick LeBeau. Does anyone think he's a bad coach?

gmoney112

Reaction score
He basically said the LBs erred in not covering up the b-gap on the big run on the final drive, and again in both shadowing the back instead of one of them taking Rodgers on his scramble, and that Heath blew his responsibility over the top on the game-winning back shoulder throw that burned Jourdan Lewis.

That scramble by Rodgers was a complete blown assignment. That hurt.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
It was a **** call....on the TD

On top of the fact Heath is back there.....

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

Again, Heath is good for one bone head game changing play every week.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Rob Ryan's D gave up 35 or more points twice in 2 years here. Marinelli has done it 3 times in our first 5 games.

And I seem to recall a year Rob Ryan had to field a team off the waiver wire. Most of our starters weee done for the year and I remember Charlie Peprah, Brady Popinga and other guys getting valuable playing time

Zman5

Reaction score

You got the LB part right but he specifically called out the scheme being bad for the reason why Heath couldn't make it to help out. He said that's the wrong call in the redzone and that's on the coaches.