Rob Ryan critiques our defense on the last drive

dwreck27

Reaction score
Prettt obvious glad it's getting said out loud more... I'm tired of this "hustle tackle" bend don't break till it does every time when we need a stop

But seriously Ryan is the last to talk he was a dumpster fire here who lives off his daddy's name and the good ole boy system

Reactions: BAT

DiResta

Reaction score
Remember according to Jason, he wasn't fired for having a bad defense. It was coz we changed scheme ( Tampa 2) to create more turnovers. Garrett words.......
and they got them with the ff and putting players around the ball. last year the defense wasnt terrible but it sure wasnt great either

i dont have a problem with finding a better defensive coordinator. im not saying Marinelli is doing a great job, he needs to stay.
im saying be real.
if you are tanking the season and firing everyone then thats the same as giving up. you wont find coaches that come in midseason and make a championship team with these players any better than the guys coaching now is what im saying.
fire and cut people is just fans crying to me.
if you want to fix this defense as fans we cant do anything but talk so lets talk reality.
we need a linebacker or 2 desperately. like over the bye get them ready.
that will help tremendously and if Lee has a bad strain and wont come back for more games we need help even more.
i would seriously think about a trade for the right guy.

now i have already said i want a more aggressive dc more like Jim Johnson with blitzes and disguised cover presnap. that takes risk, more than Rods system but more reward i think.
but i dont fire Rod midseason when there is no better option
now over the offseason ok who can you get, what players will that take and what is the cap situation

be reasonable and not think like Madden you change it all overnight.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Robs defenses here, have never given up as many points per game as Marinelli has this year. Those are facts.

And a scheme that needs mostly great players isnt a very good scheme now is it?

Ryan's defenses in his two years here gave up 27 points per game and 25 points per game. Marinelli's have given up 22, 23.4, 19.1 and 25 per game since he took over as DC, after Kiffin's D allowed 27 per game. So right now, Marinelli's worst year here (this year) is on track to match Ryan's best as far as scoring defense goes.

Reactions: CWR

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ryan's defenses in his two years here gave up 27 points per game and 25 points per game. Marinelli's have given up 22, 23.4, 19.1 and 25 per game since he took over as DC, after Kiffin's D allowed 27 per game. So right now, Marinelli's worst year here (this year) is on track to match Ryan's best as far as scoring defense goes.
Where are you getting 27 points per game. In 2011, the defense gave up 21 points per game.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Rob could probably be a really good defensive coordinator, and he's shown flashes of that. The problem is he's lazy and doesn't pay attention to detail.

DiResta

Reaction score
i would love a show or segment on his brothers Rex show
of Rob breaking down a few of his own plays every week
he had historically bad defenses
i would love to see him say this was a completely idiotic call here
or this was a perfect call but the safety was terrible so it failed

i actually really like Robs personality and confidence, the soundbites are amazing
is he a defensive genius with a system only robots can execute?
or just a terrible dc lol
break it down i will watch

Bullet22

Reaction score
I have noticed that when a db is bringing down a receiver, Heath is right there also, but never gives an extra hit that might cause an incompletion..

waldoputty

Reaction score
and they got them with the ff and putting players around the ball. last year the defense wasnt terrible but it sure wasnt great either

i dont have a problem with finding a better defensive coordinator. im not saying Marinelli is doing a great job, he needs to stay.
im saying be real.
if you are tanking the season and firing everyone then thats the same as giving up. you wont find coaches that come in midseason and make a championship team with these players any better than the guys coaching now is what im saying.
fire and cut people is just fans crying to me.
if you want to fix this defense as fans we cant do anything but talk so lets talk reality.
we need a linebacker or 2 desperately. like over the bye get them ready.
that will help tremendously and if Lee has a bad strain and wont come back for more games we need help even more.
i would seriously think about a trade for the right guy.

now i have already said i want a more aggressive dc more like Jim Johnson with blitzes and disguised cover presnap. that takes risk, more than Rods system but more reward i think.
but i dont fire Rod midseason when there is no better option
now over the offseason ok who can you get, what players will that take and what is the cap situation

be reasonable and not think like Madden you change it all overnight.

please dont think about bringing a coaching change in mid season when coaching change should be done after the season
new coaches are likely to make things a little better and we may go 9-7 instead of 6-10.
the season is almost ruined so we may as well get a good draft from it.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
we have also had much better running attacks offensively since Murray and Zeke etc keeping our d off the field? not sure if that's a factor