1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Twitter: Rob Ryan on E:60 says Jerry and Stephen trust the wrong people *vid Post #13*

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

12,346 Messages
    12,785 Likes Received
    I'm sure Stephen has some "fooball" buddies that gets to ride with him on the Cowboys' party bus.

I didn't realize how close Lacewell, Switzer, Jimmy and Jerry all were until I watched Jimmy Johnson A Football Life piece.

2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

4,316 Messages
    3,250 Likes Received
    Ryan is just saying the same thing that others have said. I have heard the same from (directly) clients I have who deal with the Jones Family. Its not like its a big shocking news. They aren't good as talent evaluators (nor do they put the time in to actually be one) and they rely on the group think approach. Jerry is the only one who won't admit he isn't a talent scout guy.

When they have an alpha personality that can dominate their war room, they listen, when they don't they reach randomly. Its a clear pattern over 20 years now.

Doomsay likes this.
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

31,626 Messages
    21,949 Likes Received
    Parcells has a tremendous amount of respect for Stephen and I think that he tends more to that side of thinking than Lacewell and Switzer. Parcells kicked out Lacewell and Switzer and they brought in Ireland.

I would guess that Stephen has people that he trusts but who is to say what those men's character is and who they are. Will McClay?

Idgit likes this.
  4. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

11,408 Messages
    5,564 Likes Received
    I wonder who he's talking about. Seems like we're doing ok so far. With that said I don't hate Rob Ryan he was done dirty here so I can see some resentment from his part.

Wheeltax likes this.
  5. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

7,975 Messages
    4,759 Likes Received
    I wouldn't doubt for a second that there are advisor/friends in Jerry's management circle that should have been long gone by now, but an occasional playoff appearance every decade seems to keep the fans "on the hook" and Jerry happy... so why blow-up a good thing?

6. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

17,578 Messages
    7,897 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones.

7. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

17,631 Messages
    18,609 Likes Received
    Talking about the people he trusts that RR is talking about

8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,897 Messages
    22,731 Likes Received
    Don't shoot the messenger folks...........................Rob Ryan is not saying anything that most of us have not thought was the case for some time now.

I am 100% convinced that Jerry and Steven want to win more than anything and that there are people giving them advice that really shouldn't be.................as others have said, Larry Lacewell is the first guy to come to mind.

9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,727 Messages
    56,485 Likes Received
    That is why I asked, is he really lying? I don't think so.

Beast_from_East likes this.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,897 Messages
    22,731 Likes Received
    Neither do I.

I think Rob was asked an honest question and gave an honest answer...................no lying or taking cheap shots involved.

Wolfpack likes this.
  11. black label

black label Well-Known Member

4,001 Messages
    6,594 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

jjktkk, djmajestik, CowboyGil and 6 others like this.
  12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

37,040 Messages
    30,466 Likes Received
    LOL RIGHT. Those same people they "shouldn't trust" are the ones who got him a coaching job here lol.

13. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

37,040 Messages
    30,466 Likes Received
    I'd love it to be about Garrett but I don't see the Jones's as leaning on Garrett for his opinion on the firing of Rob Ryan.....though its possible. I'd like for it to be true that they hold Garrett's opinion that high.

14. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,410 Messages
    5,617 Likes Received
    he did land us Murray.

adbutcher likes this.
  15. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

10,129 Messages
    10,725 Likes Received
    Yes well this guy was begging for carr and Claiborne . That's all you need to know .

In fact that's why he got fired.jerry got him what he wanted and he still had a crap defense

jjktkk, adbutcher and arglebargle like this.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,458 Messages
    59,837 Likes Received
    I don't care what Rob Ryan thinks.

But I don't think he's wrong here, fundamentally. Who was it that said you have to get to Jerry last because he's going to believe the last credible person who makes a case to him? That stuff has to be going on in the room all the time.

Now, I think it's pretty clear we've gotten a better handle on that under Jason, but it's far from perfect still.

And, if I'm guessing, I think Ryan's comments here are more personal, and that they're related to the decision to switch back to a 4-3 defense that's simpler to staff and prepare under the new CBA.

17. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,373 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Yep, I recall Ryan calling for 'More DBs! More DBs!' and after getting them, his defenses folded. They got hammered by injury, true, but Ryan had no contingency plans.

I personally think that Ryan was not even fourth or fifth on the list of preferred defensive coordinators when he got hired. He was just best of what was left as the pool got smaller and smaller.

18. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Moderator

54,220 Messages
    19,657 Likes Received
    “To be, or not to be: that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
    And by opposing end them?

Something about a tempest in a teapot also come to mind.

One reason Rob isn't here might be revealed by peering into that teapot.

justbob likes this.
  19. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Benched

1,470 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    ...and his brother is on the hottest seat in the NFL.;)

20. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Moderator

54,220 Messages
    19,657 Likes Received
    Their dad was a good football mind as well. NFL is definitely at times not for long.