Robert Quinn to visit Cowboys

mschmidt64

Reaction score
He said that's what the Cowboys think of him or that's what he thinks of him?

My recollection is he was speculating that Hyder would be better equipped as a 3T here.... but I’m sure he wouldn’t say that without some direction to do so from the team. So.... both?

reddyuta

Reaction score
No agenda. Just trying to be realistic.

I think Tank WILL likely be traded.

That doesn't mean I want for him to be playing for someone else next year. I have never said that.

You are being overly emotional about this Stash.

No I'm not. The pattern is clear Maverick.

You moved on from Dez bashing to Tank bashing. And saying anything that pushes the guy out the door, either by ridiculously undercutting his contract or creating scenarios where he's traded/released/whatever gets him out of here.[/QUOTE]

I am leaning that way too the longer this drags on especially if we sign Quinn and we already have signed a LE in Hyder. obviously i would like Tank to be back but he needs to consider his injury history too.

Verdict

Reaction score
No agenda. Just trying to be realistic.

I think Tank WILL likely be traded.

That doesn't mean I want for him to be playing for someone else next year. I have never said that.

You are being overly emotional about this Stash.

No I'm not. The pattern is clear Maverick.

You moved on from Dez bashing to Tank bashing. And saying anything that pushes the guy out the door, either by ridiculously undercutting his contract or creating scenarios where he's traded/released/whatever gets him out of here.[/QUOTE]

Lol. You act as if I can cause it to happen.

And I like you as a poster, and respect you but you are being a little bit overly dramatic about this. I think he will be traded. That's the main thing i am saying.

erod

Reaction score
Hip, knee, back, and concussion issues.

Great.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It seems to me like the Cowboys' FO is painting themselves into a corner and are struggling to find a way out. Not a pretty picture. :omg: Here's hoping the Cowboys won't mortgage their future for a DE that's already seen his best days and heading downhill.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. You act as if I can cause it to happen.

And I like you as a poster, and respect you but you are being a little bit overly dramatic about this. I think he will be traded. That's the main thing i am saying.

I feel the same but you have to admit, you do get on these crusades about certain players.

But I'm fine with you expressing your opinion, and what you would prefer, but don't throw in words like "likely" while you're doing it. That changes things from opinion to agenda.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Not liking our chances if he makes it to the Saints facility. If the hangup with Dallas is the contract, I believe N.O. would be more willing to pay.

Verdict

Reaction score
I feel the same but you have to admit, you do get on these crusades about certain players.

But I'm fine with you expressing your opinion, and what you would prefer, but don't throw in words like "likely" while you're doing it. That changes things from opinion to agenda.

You are painting with far too broad of a brush. I think Tank is a very good player that I would like to see be a Cowboy next year at the right price. However I would rather move on than over pay.

He probably isn't a top 5 pass rusher at defensive end no matter how badly people here want him to be.

All of the above are my opinion. I also believe them to be fact.

I have criticized Dez, Taco (based on draft position) and I think Sean Lee and Witten are a waste of a roster spot and cap space.

I have been optimistic about the team as a whole. In fact much more than most. Im far more bullish on Heath is than most. I'm sorry but I call it as I see it and I tend to be willing to stick to my guns even if it's not a popular point of view.

I'm not sure what it is you should think I should do or how I should approach it, but I'm not changing any time soon.

I support the right to everyone's opinion here even if I don't agree with it. Maybe you should take a step back and ask yourself do you do the same?

We are all Cowboys fans here (other than a few people here) and the diversity of opinions is what makes this a great forum. Attacking the point of view is fine. Attacking the person for that view is not.

Sydla

Reaction score
You are painting with far too broad of a brush. I think Tank is a very good player that I would like to see be a Cowboy next year at the right price. However I would rather move on than over pay.

He probably isn't a top 5 pass rusher at defensive end no matter how badly people here want him to be.

I have criticized Dez, Taco (based on draft position) and I think Sean Lee and Witten are a waste of a roster spot and cap space.

I have been optimistic about the team as a whole. In fact much more than most. Im far more bullish on Heath is than most. I'm sorry but I call it as I see it and I tend to be willing to stick to my guns even if it's not a popular point of view.

I'm not sure what it is you should think I should do or how I should approach it, but I'm not changing any time soon.

I support the right to everyone's opinion here even if I don't agree with it. Maybe you should take a step back and ask yourself do you do the same?

We are all Cowboys fans here (other than a few people here) and the diversity of opinions is what makes this a great forum. Attacking the point of view is fine. Attacking the person for that view is not.

I am curious as to who you think the Top 5 defensive ends are? And don't add Mack or Miller, as they are OLBs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And your terms are ridiculous. Your "right price" is so low that nobody would ever accept it. Hence, out the door.

Despite his numbers saying he is these past two years.

You have the right to your opinion, you don't have the right to your own facts.

I'm all for opinions, and very much defend people's right to express them. My track record there speaks for itself. But if you try to cross the line between stating an opinion and trying to make up your own facts? I'll take issue with that.

Even in your post here, you want to try to blur the lines, and I'm not good with that. Express your opinions all day every day, just don't try to pass them off as facts