Robert Quinn to visit Cowboys

waldoputty

Reaction score
gee, how much do they want to telegraph their thinking with jerry flying into see a workout...

Sydla

Reaction score
That bad huh?

His pro day would be like you showing up for an important job interview and in the middle, you fart, your pants falls down, you proceed to throw up on the interviewer and then inexplicably start calling him or her a dirty piece of cow excrement.

It was that bad.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His pro day would be like you showing up for an important job interview and in the middle, you fart, your pants falls down, you proceed to throw up on the interviewer and then inexplicably start calling him or her a dirty piece of cow excrement.

It was that bad.
Did he wear a tuxedo?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
My guess is that they view Quinn as long term player. If they are planning extending him, my guess is he will be a Cowboy for 2 to 3 season. He is only 28
He should be the poster boy against the DLawrence contract

He had 45 sacks before the big extension and 24 after

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It was that bad.

Did I get the job?
:huh:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I heard someone suggest it was draft neutral if we get back a 3rd round comp when Quinn leaves

A few things:
Comp Picks are not guaranteed.... you have to sign less than you lose
Comp Picks are delayed a year..... this cuts their value in half
There are 8 rounds to the Draft......not 7....... 256 picks total
Comp Picks are at the end of a Round....... 3rd Comp is really an early 4th Round pick
Quinn will never see 10m APY again.... he will be a 4th round Comp at best...... 5th or 6th at worst

So our 3rd Round pick today + our 7th + an extension for the one good year and the hopes of a Comp Pick is a bad deal

I'd be OK with it. We're talking about a guy who never had less than 4 sacks in a season, averages 7, and had a 19 in one season. If we lock him up for at least two years, I'll accept the potential for a downgrade on the comp pick when he leaves.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’ve seen few tweets out there. It’s a 2020 fourth. I’d jump on it and give a decent extension. He’s 28 and has a good defense around him. Hopefully he can give 8-10 sacks and some turnovers