Robert Quinn to visit Cowboys

garyv

Reaction score
Dude was all-world five years ago. I'd consider floating a 7th for him, but feels like the Phins know he's overpaid.

If we could get him say for 4 mil I'm on board but really if it gets much higher give me a Rookie from the Draft. But a 6th or 7th Rounder all I give up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, it almost smells like someone from Miami fed him some numbers for him to put out there.

It sure does to me.

But between those high draft pick expectations and Quinn undoubtedly leveraging everything that he can, I can see why a deal hasn't been made yet.

Hypothetically, you're talking about giving him just $6 million guaranteed for what has to at least be a two year deal. I can see why the player would be angling for more. I'd pay him about $14 million above that on a two year deal.

garyv

Reaction score
Yeah, it almost smells like someone from Miami fed him some numbers for him to put out there.

I look at it like this for one thing any Draft Pick we have to give Miami should be a little higher than New Orleans pick.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
They say our negotiations were serious with Miami still. all these media outlets just throw something out there and randomly they can be right, Cobb negotiations "weren't close " either

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giving a 3rd and 7th and an extension for Quinn has Giant Flippin Mistake written all over it

I agree. I'm not going there. I can't shake the thinking that any adeal for Quinn is for one or two years at the most. And I'm not giving up a 3rd round pick for that "privilege".

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I agree. I'm not going there. I can't shake the thinking that any adeal for Quinn is for one or two years at the most. And I'm not giving up a 3rd round pick for that "privilege".
I heard someone suggest it was draft neutral if we get back a 3rd round comp when Quinn leaves

A few things:
Comp Picks are not guaranteed.... you have to sign less than you lose
Comp Picks are delayed a year..... this cuts their value in half
There are 8 rounds to the Draft......not 7....... 256 picks total
Comp Picks are at the end of a Round....... 3rd Comp is really an early 4th Round pick
Quinn will never see 10m APY again.... he will be a 4th round Comp at best...... 5th or 6th at worst

So our 3rd Round pick today + our 7th + an extension for the one good year and the hopes of a Comp Pick is a bad deal

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
I heard someone suggest it was cap neutral is we get back a 3rd round comp when Quinn leaves

A few things:
Comp Picks are at the end of a Round....... 3rd Comp is really an early 4th Round pick
Quinn will never see 10m APY again.... he will be a 4th round Comp at best...... 5th or 6th at worst

So our 3rd Round pick today + our 7th + an extension for the one good year and the hopes of a Comp Pick is a bad deal

Exactly. Too many moving variables and no constant.

I’m not a fan of giving up a 3rd and 7th. A 4th would be my preference

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I heard someone suggest it was draft neutral if we get back a 3rd round comp when Quinn leaves

A few things:

My guess is that they view Quinn as long term player. If they are planning extending him, my guess is he will be a Cowboy for 2 to 3 season. He is only 28