Robert Quinn to visit Cowboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hope it’s for a pick next year, unless it’s our 7th this year. I don’t want to give up a 5th or more for what could be a 1 year rental.

Very likely a one year rental. He's a free agent in 2020 and will likely look for close to what's he's making now which is about $11 million a year.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Quinn Covington McDowell Hyder

Good luck blocking that. (Cowboys!)

Quinn averages 8.5 sacks per year, Covington had 3.5 last year, Hyder had a year with 8, and McDowell probably doesn't have severe brain damage.

Coached under the GOAT (Granpa Of All Time) Rod, I expect their individual sack totals to double, if not triple, and I'm trying to be conservative.

So long story short, we're probably looking at the greatest defensive front of all time fall into place.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This visit is potentially in line with trading Tank. While it doesn't require a trade of Tank to occur, it would lessen the impact of a Tank trade.

Would you give up a 5th in return for Quinn at half salary, and let Tank go for a 1st round pick and change? Or maybe a 7th for Quinn at full salary? It buys a year for the draft pick to get up to speed.

You would save about $70m over 5 years making this sort of trade. It makes sense.

We still might sign Tank, but I'm telling you guys a trade is a lot more likely than most of you want to admit.

I'd take a top 15 pick for Lawrence. A later 1st round pick would need a sweetener for me.

But yes, plan A should now be to trade Lawrence.

BTW, there's no chance this happens. This front office doesn't know talent. So when they see a guy in their uniform get 10 sacks in a season they immediately believe he's Deacon Jones and a total must keep at all cost.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This X 1000. If it’s for a 5th and swapping picks I’m ok with it. If it’s for anything higher I’d be very meh on it.

But he does fit a need and would slide into starting RE and Would mean DE is no longer a need.

Lawrence and Quinn start.

Armstrong, Taco, Hyder depth.

Crawford slides in

Ya had me until that Crawford thing at the end.
:thumbdown:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn averages 8.5 sacks per year, Covington had 3.5 last year, Hyder had a year with 8, and McDowell probably doesn't have severe brain damage.

Coached under the GOAT (Granpa Of All Time) Rod, I expect their individual sack totals to double, if not triple, and I'm trying to be conservative.

So long story short, we're probably looking at the greatest defensive front of all time fall into place.

Man, you got me ready to kickoff the new season right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The deal must be done though correct?

Teams don’t send players under contract to other teams to talk

Maybe Cowboys want to talk extension based on the draft compensation being talked about? Just spitballing hypotheticals.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The Dolphins would have to pay most of his salary for 2019 which is $12.9mil

He was meh last season and stunk the two previous years.

He hasn't had a good season since 2015.
But Richard and Marmalade will give him a nickname and he’ll thrive here.

Honestly, from a fan’s perspective, I’d do it.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Can we sign him to a 1 year deal? That's what we need this season we need good 1 year players.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a salary dump for a tanking team. They aren't trading the player, they're trading the salary, or he's going to get cut anyways. $0 dead money if they move him.

A 7th is about all he's worth, give or take a round.

Yeah, no. They can do better than a 7th for a proven pass rusher. Even with the salary implications.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we sign Berry, Cobb, and pick swap for Quinn hopefully all the "we like our guys" and "dumpster diving" whiners will all start to vanish.

I doubt it though. Risen Star and company always find ways to whine like little girls.

While you shake your pom-poms?

NmQjBHSTSuegg4IGeTUpjUSJqYLFThclkkqT-4GhibZ5DIim62YnuxDZkKb2IVMDEFiVHxNWNGlCnoxErqOeUg.jpg

eromeopolk

Reaction score

He was a "Freak of the Industry" out of college and 1st 4 years in the NFL (former All Pro and Pro Bowler)
6-4-260, 4.60 40yd, 6.99 cone, 34" vertical, and 10 1/2" Broad Jump.

He manhandle OT with many 3 sack games including the Cowboys OT with speed rush. He signed a 6 year extension in 2014 but did not live up to it because of injuries and was traded to the Dolphins that do not play a 4-3 D for a 4th round pick and some worthless pick.

Contract extension was mega and he did not do anything in Miami but is better than what the Cowboys have a DE minus Lawrence (he had 6.5 sacks see Gregory). He is 28 years old (only 2 years older than Lawrence).

Trade for him if its a 4th, 5th or 6th rounder plus his $11M salary which I would renegotiate as part of the deal (its the last year). He has freak ability and age on his side.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Looks like we are using more of our draft picks. Guess JJ will just sit in the war room and drink. Unless we are planning on using more of them to move up and grab one descent player.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
this would be a great pickup.
i'd probably offer a 4th. he's not old.