Twitter: Robinson Back to CB per Fish

817Gill

Reaction score
He’s only been in the league a year if anything the knowledge will help him. It won’t be the impediment some make it seem, he’s in his second year and switching positions well before camp. He’s going to be fine as he’s a natural CB (played it in college).

A lot of comp at CB. Outside of the top 4 it would be nice to see 2 or so guys behind them that can be relied on to start in a pinch and play well in nickel.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What he meant to say, is they screwed this kid over! However, I think he will be fine.
He didn't say it that way, but maybe that's what he meant. Even so, how did they screw him over? Are we saying he somehow was entitled to do things how he wanted instead what the team needed from him? That kind of believe is a sad part of our world today. The reality is they didn't owe him anything other than to give him a chance to earn a place in the role they saw for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His metrics considered him elite he has the ball skills of a brick wall. Robinson is already starting in a whole he was drafted sat all season and now he has new DC which drafted his "type" of players to replace him.
Oh ok I thought you meant Byron was a elite talent coming into the draft. He was a elite athlete. Not talent. And Reggie Robinsons fits the "type" Quinn wants which is why he's on the team. Fast and tall.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He is 50/50 to make the final roster. Already have a very crowded cornerback room, he must become a special teams standout or he will become a practice squad player.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He is 50/50 to make the final roster. Already have a very crowded cornerback room, he must become a special teams standout or he will become a practice squad player.
Played well on ST at Tulsa so I expect him to make the roster...

Although there are several others who are in the same boat that they may rather keep.

I realize the current rules are so that teams don't try to stash players, but I wonder if sometimes it isn't a detriment to their development when teams know players will need to be exposed....as far as how much time and effort is spent on development.

Back when you'd have a player for quite some time before it was put up or shut up time.

Now, teams need to see ROI much faster and may not put the necessary effort into development.

All about bottom line, and smaller rosters mean more profit.

jnday

Reaction score

Maybe they will leave him at CB now before they ruin any chance of him having a NFL career. They need to stop trying to convert CBS to the safety position. Draft a safety with a high pick and be done with it. They had the opportunity to draft one this year but they chose to keep the 3rd round pick that would have been needed to trade up. Considering the bust rate of their 3rd round picks, it would have been smart to use them to trade up instead of wasting them on a player that will probably be cut within the next couple of years.

Beaker42

Reaction score
His metrics considered him elite he has the ball skills of a brick wall. Robinson is already starting in a whole he was drafted sat all season and now he has new DC which drafted his "type" of players to replace him.
The kid needs to ball out in practice to show what he has. I have faith in him that he will be in rotation with Joseph, Diggs, Brown and Lewis.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah he should be ok. At the end of the day he will be better for it. I don't believe a guy changing positions will hurt or deter his career. If anything it could mean they just don't see enough in him at any position to realize what he is. But Quinn saw him and said he thinks he's a corner. He's not "screwed" lol.
Another point is that Robinson played safety in high school. Obviously switching him to CB in college didn't screw him up. I find it funny that some fans think a player is so fragile that he would end up "screwed up" from this.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Another point is that Robinson played safety in high school. Obviously switching him to CB in college didn't screw him up. I find it funny that some fans think a player is so fragile that he would end up "screwed up"
Just out of touch with reality honestly. Especially if people think switching Byron's position actually hurt him lol.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Played well on ST at Tulsa so I expect him to make the roster...

Although there are several others who are in the same boat that they may rather keep.

I realize the current rules are so that teams don't try to stash players, but I wonder if sometimes it isn't a detriment to their development when teams know players will need to be exposed....as far as how much time and effort is spent on development.

Back when you'd have a player for quite some time before it was put up or shut up time.

Now, teams need to see ROI much faster and may not put the necessary effort into development.

All about bottom line, and smaller rosters mean more profit.
He barely played special teams last season, he must become a core special teamer or he probably won't make the final roster.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think he’ll be ‘out’ before he was ever ‘in’.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He barely played special teams last season, he must become a core special teamer or he probably won't make the final roster.
Well right, but considering that may not have been the best staffs opinion to rely on...here we go.

For being not very good, we sure do have a numbers problem at a few spots.....which will probably result in the throwaway of 4th and 5th round picks from last year (and why switching schemes constantly is a problem IMO).

We are clearly valuing what Quinn wants in personnel acquisition, and I hope he isnt gone in a year or two and we need to start all over again for the next guys preferences.

Too much of that in Dallas....even under Garrett.

Mr_437

Reaction score
So, as of now we have:

Diggs
Brown
Lewis
Joseph
Wright

Robinson II
Canady
Goodwin.
Robinson

Robinson better become a ST demon to have a good shot to make it
Right now, I think these are the guys to make the team. Canady over Goodwin b/c he can play CB better if injuries happen again.

Robinson was a 7th round project when McClay overdrafted him, no surprise. Quinn n company are trying to give him a chance somewhere.

This is good news for Israel M. pet cat owners tho. Maybe Coyle too.