Twitter: Robinson Back to CB per Fish

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Opinions aren't history. They are attempts to explain history that cannot be verified.

What can be verified, and therefore is history, is that Taco and Hill were drafted by the Cowboys. The idea that Jerry, Stephen and Will McClay had no say or input or ability to go a different path is not history, it is an opinion that attempts to explain why Taco and Hill were drafted.

What it IS is an attempted Strawman argument. Arguing that Marinelli had absolute power when nobody ever claimed that he did. But you know that but don’t care. Because all you have are made up points to argue against here.

For a person to be incapable of saying "this is what I think happened" and instead presents things they have no direct knowledge or verifiable proof of as "this is what indisputably happened", indicates a person who is incapable of reasonable, fair minded discussion.

You go right ahead and live in denial. Because the truth is more than your fragile sensibilities can bear.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...a-mistake-i-wish-we-wouldve-selected-him/amp/

The rest of us will continue to live in reality. And that’s but one clear example. It’s quite easy for you to find more confirmation on your own. But you’d rather be willfully ignorant.

As for playing the victim, it's hilarious you imagine yourself having that kind of power. I said you were being a jerk, not that I was victimized by you being a jerk.

It appears you have a ridiculous superiority complex to believe an opinion is elevated to indisputable fact by virtue of it being your opinion, and to think people feel victimized by you.

You sure tried to play the part. It’s always someone else’s fault with you. Go look in the mirror.

Still, no content.

ad hominem: (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Great. Now go look up Strawman argument.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What it IS is an attempted Strawman argument. Arguing that Marinelli had absolute power when nobody ever claimed that he did. But you know that but don’t care. Because all you have are made up points to argue against here.
First of all, you need to pay more attention to your language. You started the 2nd sentence sentence as if I was the one that agued Marinelli had absolute power to make the decision on Taco and Hill instead of you, and then you morphed into claiming you never said it.

As for your claim you never said it ……

Post #92 in this thread.

Omer: Do you really think Jerry gave Marinelli (or Nolan or Quinn) free, unrestricted authority to draft whoever he wanted? That's contrary to everything we know about Jerry.

Stasheroo: He certainly did for Taco and Hill. Unless people want to try to practice willful ignorance about that.

mic-drop.png

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all, you need to pay more attention to your language. You started the 2nd sentence sentence as if I was the one that agued Marinelli had absolute power to make the decision on Taco and Hill instead of you, and then you morphed into claiming you never said it.

As for your claim you never said it ……

Post #92 in this thread.

Omer: Do you really think Jerry gave Marinelli (or Nolan or Quinn) free, unrestricted authority to draft whoever he wanted? That's contrary to everything we know about Jerry.

Stasheroo: He certainly did for Taco and Hill. Unless people want to try to practice willful ignorance about that.

mic-drop.png

Nowhere did I say he had absolute authority as you claim. What I said was that the final decision was his. And try to deny that the Taco and Hill picks were his decisions. I dare you.

You go ahead and twist that any way you want so you don’t have to deal with the awful truth of the matter.

The weakness and denial of the events is yours. Nobody else’s.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nowhere did I say he had absolute authority as you claim. What I said was that the final decision was his. And try to deny that the Taco and Hill picks were his decisions. I dare you.

You go ahead and twist that any way you want so you don’t have to deal with the awful truth of the matter.

The weakness and denial of the events is yours. Nobody else’s.
So, your argument is that he had "free, unrestricted authority" but not "absolute authority"?

lol, okay, whatever makes you feel better.

By the way, I didn't twist events., and in fact I made no claim as to the events other than that Dallas drafted Hill and Taco. Further, I even specifically said I cannot absolutely dispute your version. I merely said we have no way of knowing, and that because of that our belief as to how the decisions were made is opinion.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, your argument is that he had "free, unrestricted authority" but not "absolute authority"?

My argument is exactly what I said, and what everyone other than you knows. The final decision was his.

By the way, I didn't twist events., and in fact I made no claim as to the events other than that Dallas drafted Hill and Taco. Further, I even specifically said I cannot absolutely dispute your version. I merely said we have no way of knowing, and that because of that our belief as to how the decisions were made is opinion.

Read the link I posted. Do the legwork. Get informed if you truly want to know. This is well documented information.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The $70 subscription I pay Fish tells me otherwise.
You would pay for his rambling.? Really? Just keep reading here for free. Better and more entertaining. Every time I watch his videos as a pro videographer I just cringe. He never pays attention to where he videos. Half the time its like he is in his master bedroom closet or his porch. He needs help badly.

The backgrounds are harsh his audio sounds like a deep well and he just reads a transcript of his statements. Nothing off the cuff or personal. Can't sit still for it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My argument is exactly what I said, and what everyone other than you knows. The final decision was his.

Read the link I posted. Do the legwork. Get informed if you truly want to know. This is well documented information.
So, you are denying what you wrote in Post #92. Man, a person can't have a reasonable discussion with someone that will deny what he actually put in print for everyone to see.

As for the article, all Stephen said was that Marinelli was concerned that Watt wasn't a good fit for a 3-4, and with the benefit of hindsight "WE" would make a different choice. Stephen did not say the decision was solely Marinelli's. But, as I would have expected, you just ignored the actual words that were quoted because they didn't suit you.

It seems ignoring words that don't suit you is a pattern.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you are denying what you wrote in Post #92. Man, a person can't have a reasonable discussion with someone that will deny what he actually put in print for everyone to see.

As for the article, all Stephen said was that Marinelli was concerned that Watt wasn't a good fit for a 3-4, and with the benefit of hindsight "WE" would make a different choice. Stephen did not say the decision was solely Marinelli's. But, as expected, you just ignored what the story actually said because it didn't suit you.

It seems ignoring words that don't suit you is a pattern.

Tell me more about someone “ignoring words”...

“Team exec Stephen Jones now publicly places the blame on Marinelli,”

As I’ve said, you live in denial.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tell me more about someone “ignoring words”...

“Team exec Stephen Jones now publicly places the blame on Marinelli,”

As I’ve said, you live in denial.
Where did Stephen say that?

You will find that he did not.

This is why sports and other media are consistently at a tabloid level. You latch onto sensationalized words that are made up in order to grab attention, and ignore the facts and content.

The media knows there are people more into drama than facts, so the drama is what they sell, and you open your mouth wide and clamp down on the hook.

I'm sure you recognize this when the media pushes something you disagree with, but are willing to ignore it for something you want to believe.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did Stephen say that?

You will find that he did not.

This is why sports and other media are consistently at a tabloid level. You latch onto sensationalized words that are made up in order to grab attention, and ignore the facts and content.

The media knows there are people more into drama than facts, so the drama is what they sell, and you open your mouth wide and clamp down on the hook.

I'm sure you recognize this when the media pushes something you disagree with, but are willing to ignore it for something you want to believe.

Yeah. Patrik Walker, as big of a Cowboys fan and promoter as they come, is now attacking them and making things up. You truly do live in a Fantasy World, where no one makes enough excuses for ‘your Cowboys’.

Don’t ever try to lecture me, nor anyone else about what they “want to believe”. You live in a state of denial. Have fun in Fantasyland!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. Patrik Walker, as big of a Cowboys fan and promoter as they come, is now attacking them and making things up. You truly do live in a Fantasy World, where no one makes enough excuses for ‘your Cowboys’.

Don’t ever try to lecture me, nor anyone else about what they “want to believe”. You live in a state of denial. Have fun in Fantasyland!
Again, where did Stephen say it? Go head, point it out.

You are very naïve if you think Cowboy supporters in the media are pure and innocent and above sensationalizing to sell their product. Did you just crawl out of the cabbage patch?

This is how it works ….

ACTUAL QUOTE FROM S. JONES: I think the biggest issue was we were playing a 4-3 there with Rod [Marinelli] and Rod was concerned about how he'd hold up against the run in the 4-3
INTERPRETATION TO HOOK READER: Team exec Stephen Jones now publicly places the blame on Marinelli
STASHEROO INTERPRETATION: Marinelli had free, unrestricted authority to draft whoever he wanted

If you don't see the illogical progression in this or the media effort to sell a story the education system failed you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, where did Stephen say it? Go head, point it out.

You are very naïve if you think Cowboy supporters in the media are pure and innocent and above sensationalizing to sell their product. Did you just crawl out of the cabbage patch?

This is how it works ….

ACTUAL QUOTE FROM S. JONES: I think the biggest issue was we were playing a 4-3 there with Rod [Marinelli] and Rod was concerned about how he'd hold up against the run in the 4-3
INTERPRETATION TO HOOK READER: Team exec Stephen Jones now publicly places the blame on Marinelli
STASHEROO INTERPRETATION: Marinelli had free, unrestricted authority to draft whoever he wanted

If you don't see the illogical progression in this or the media effort to sell a story the education system failed you.

I don’t need your lectures. Or your alternate, fanboy, ‘Cowboys-sanitized’ versions of events. I’ve put the link I posted and there are scores of others. But you chose willful denial. That’s on you.

I know that Taco Charlton and Trysten Hill were ultimately Rod Marinelli picks.

And does everyone else.

If you want to live in denial about it? That’s entirely on YOU.

Rod Marinelli was an anchor on this team for years, and he bust them dearly before he was finally shown the door.

tenor.gif

And I don’t care whether you like it or not. Not whether you accept the truth or not.

I’ve already wasted far too much time showing you the truth when it’s clear that it’s something you’re too fragile to bear.

You have fun wallowing in your ignorance. I’m done with you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You can’t argue with this gal. She’ll twist everything you say to fit HER agenda.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can’t argue with this gal. She’ll twist everything you say to fit HER agenda.
That's obvious, and I already know that. One of my failings is I want to believe everyone is capable of reasonable discussion, and that's just not true.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's obvious, and I already know that. One of my failings is I want to believe everyone is capable of reasonable discussion, and that's just not true.
Yeah same here. I try for awhile to reason with people like @stasheroo but once you prove them wrong they can’t deal with it and start twisting your words. Insecurity on their parts