Rock & Roll HOF 2021 Nominees

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Side note....why did this post need to wait for moderator approval? :laugh:
Good question, as soon as I saw that, I approved it. Perhaps it was the word "institution"? I know they're sensitive for me since I post from one.

Then again, the filter might have thought Diehardblues was trying to rev up the troops into "boycotting" Booger again?

triplets_93

Reaction score
My Five:
Devo
Tina Turner
The Go-Go’s
Kate Bush
Carole King

I think the RRHOF will most likely lean to:
Jay-Z
Tina Turner
Carole King
Foo Fighters
?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
People should really get over the hang-up of different genres being nominated and accepted into the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame. I get it, "Rock-N-Roll" Hall of Fame but it is clearly music they're referring to. Music shouldn't be segregated as the foundation of all genres share the same common ground. Music evokes emotion, stimulates the mind, introduces new experiences, raises or calms a mood, and the list goes on. Whether that comes in the form of rap, rock, rock, metal, whatever, we're all listening for the same relatable reasons. This discountenance to honor all music that brings people together is so detestable.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People should really get over the hang-up of different genres being nominated and accepted into the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame. I get it, "Rock-N-Roll" Hall of Fame but it is clearly music they're referring to. Music shouldn't be segregated as the foundation of all genres share the same common ground. Music evokes emotion, stimulates the mind, introduces new experiences, raises or calms a mood, and the list goes on. Whether that comes in the form of rap, rock, rock, metal, whatever, we're all listening for the same relatable reasons. This discountenance to honor all music that brings people together is so detestable.
They should just rename it the Electrified Music HoF, and have different wings.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Then they need to rename it.

Creeper

Reaction score
Here we go again. The R&R HoF is noting more than a list of bands or entertainers who made a popular recording at some point. How can you compare the Foo Fighters to Tina Turner?

There are too many inductees into the HoF. Almost every act makes it. The HoF should include the cream of the cream of the crop, The NFL HoF means something. The R&R HoF means nothing. From that list, Tina Turner and maybe Carole King deserve it but I'd be inclined to go with Turner only. Turner had hit songs, remained popular for decades and in some ways influenced the industry. The rest were good acts for a while but do not qualify as the best of all time, IMO.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Sweet? No way. Judas Priest? Agree.

Sweet was brilliant. Every member of that band was a great singer and they pioneered complex vocal harmonies that Queen later mimicked. They had their own sound and had hits like Fox On the Run and Ballroom Blitz. They were the best glam rock band of the 70s. They've earned entry in the RRHOF.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
should be called The Selected Music Hall Of Fame

I know both Kiss and Steve Miller were unimpressed with the way the RRHOF does things. Paul Stanley said they only cared about it because it was important to Kiss fans. Kiss has always been a band that got bad press and the critics whined about, but they pressed on and made the music they wanted to make.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I like a few of their songs, which is a few more than many inductees, but if I were the one choosing, probably not.

I would based on their innovative vocal harmonies that inspired Queen. If it hadn't been for Sweet, we would not have gotten the Queen sound.