Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

lqmac1

Reaction score
My question is why is everyone (media) crowning A.rodg. that tittle after 1 playoff game???

Romo imo is the better qb, yet he still gets bashed all over the media and him and Rodgers have accomplished the same exact thing???

The media is so biased against the cowboys it's not even funny, That's why I love Micheal Irvin!!!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Exactly what I knew would happen. This is why I wanted the Packers to lose.

aikemirv

Reaction score
What do you expect, the media has our own fans believing that Romo is sub par. I knew it would happen too. Just the way it is!

Aikman never got his due, Emmitt is consistantly not put in the top few RB's of all time.

Embrace the hate I guess.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
casmith07;3794351 said:

Same here. I really wanted the Packers to lose yesterday for just this reason.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Rodgers is an execellent QB, one of the tops in the NFL. I think Romo is also a top QB. What the media says does not change my views of these QB's.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3794361 said:
I think Rodgers is an execellent QB, one of the tops in the NFL. I think Romo is also a top QB. What the media says does not change my views of these QB's.

I wish you could communicate that to more of our fans.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3794361 said:

This.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
aikemirv;3794357 said:
What do you expect, the media has our own fans believing that Romo is sub par. I knew it would happen too. Just the way it is!

Aikman never got his due, Emmitt is consistantly not put in the top few RB's of all time.

Embrace the hate I guess.

It's not even hate. It's pure lack of acknowledgement. Hating on the team is one thing, at least you know they hate the cowboys and we're doing something good by getting the attention.

The lack of accolades for our players is a whole 'nother thing.

Stautner

Reaction score
QB's get more positive attention when they win, and more negative attention when they don't. That's not a Cowboy thing, that's a media thing.

Many tend to forget how the media embraced Romo at first, and only soured on him over time as the starlets started popping up and as the team never got over the hump to being a true title contender. The media originally loved the gunslinging free agent that rose to be the QB of "Americas Team". It was a great story, but eventually the media needs something more to fuel the story than every year just missing the playoffs of just making the playoffs and losing quickly. The media is always quick to move to the next story they can latch onto.

If we get over the hump and become a true contender and make a strong playoff run, Romo will be back in their good graces.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
casmith07;3794362 said:
I wish you could communicate that to more of our fans.

Why waste my time. :laugh2:

In Dallas for some the only way they will see Romo as a quality QB is if this team goes all the way. I watched it with Meredith and White so it is not going to change their mindset. I see Romo qualities and abilities that are ranked with the best and if we are to make it all the way it will be because we have a great team around him just like it is for every QB out there.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
CowboyMike;3794368 said:
It's not even hate. It's pure lack of acknowledgement. Hating on the team is one thing, at least you know they hate the cowboys and we're doing something good by getting the attention.

The lack of accolades for our players is a whole 'nother thing.

A lot of it has to do with praising Cowboys players only speaks to Cowboys fans. Bashing cowboys players or writing stupid articles about them speaks to the entire NFL fanbase in one way or another.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Stautner;3794373 said:
QB's get more positive attention when they win, and more negative attention when they don't. That's not a Cowboy thing, that's a media thing.

Many tend to forget how the media embraced Romo at first, and only soured on him over time as the starlets started popping up and as the team never got over the hump to being a true title contender. The media originally loved the gunslinging free agent that rose to be the QB of "Americas Team". It was a great story, but eventually the media needs something more to fuel the story than every year just missing the playoffs of just making the playoffs and losing quickly. The media is always quick to move to the next story they can latch onto.
Rogers never gets negative attention and he hasn't gotten over the hump. It's not a media thing. It's a Cowboys thing.

lqmac1

Reaction score
casmith07;3794351 said:

Man I was pulling for the eagles for that reason alone..... Did I really just say that ..... hold up.....:ralph:

Mash

Reaction score
Some are just darlings of the NFL......Rodgers is one of them....Farve too...Manning....Brady...etc...

From the botched snap....to the vacation in Mexico with Jessica.....etc...Romo will have to win a SB to get the monkey of his back.

Till then....the hate will continue with Romo and the Cowboys ......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mash;3794386 said:
Some are just darlings of the NFL......Rodgers is one of them....Farve too...Manning....Brady...etc...

From the botched snap....to the vacation in Mexico with Jessica.....etc...Romo will have to win a SB to get the monkey of his back.

Till then....the hate will continue with Romo and the Cowboys ......

Maybe it is because so much negitive from the local Dallas media. They love Rodgers in GB and the write ups are positive on the local level in Dallas they look to blast players at every turn. Why would the national TV outlets not jump on these stories.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
lqmac1;3794350 said:
My question is why is everyone (media) crowning A.rodg. that tittle after 1 playoff game???

Romo imo is the better qb, yet he still gets bashed all over the media and him and Rodgers have accomplished the same exact thing???

The media is so biased against the cowboys it's not even funny, That's why I love Micheal Irvin!!!

Romo is good, he's just not better than Rodgers.

Stautner

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794378 said:
Rogers never gets negative attention and he hasn't gotten over the hump. It's not a media thing. It's a Cowboys thing.

If he flops in the playoffs, and the team doesn't get any better for another year or two he will get the same treatment as Romo.

Look at McNabb - he has had a hell of a lot more team success than Romo, but the media soured on him because he always fell short of winning it all. Matt Schaub has lost his luster with the media. Duante Culpepper was a golden boy that fell from grace when he constantly fell short of team expectations. Bress was highly successful statistically in San Diego, but lost his shine until he won with the Saints.

And remember - every situation isn't identical, and the media may be faster or slower to get on, or jump off the bandwagon of different people for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons may be fair, some not, but it would be ridiculous to believe everyone is treated the same by the media except Romo.

Be realistic - the Romo quarterback Cowboys started the year 1-7, and the Rodgers quarterbacked Packers overcame some odds to get to the playoffs and win against Michael Vick, who is a hot story himself, and another example of how the media focus can shift on a player when his fortunes change. Accordingly, is it really that surprising that the media would be on Rodgers bandwagon much more than Romo's?

perrykemp

Reaction score
IMHO, Part of the love for Rogers has to do with Fantasy Football. Tons of people play FFL and Rogers has been the the top (or near top) QB in FFL for a couple of years. The guy is a stat machine when you add his rushing yards and TDs to his gaudy passing stats.

I'm sorry guys, It just seems plain crazy to me to hate on Rogers just because the media likes him more than Romo or gives him more slack than Romo. It comes across as some sort of twisted paranoia to me.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3794390 said:
Maybe it is because so much negitive from the local Dallas media. They love Rodgers in GB and the write ups are positive on the local level in Dallas they look to blast players at every turn. Why would the national TV outlets not jump on these stories.

The Dallas media just feeds off our own ignorant fans' hate though. If more Cowboys fans actually supported their players and didn't eat the negative junk up, it would be less prevalent.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
perrykemp;3794403 said:
IMHO, Part of the love for Rogers has to do with Fantasy Football. Tons of people play FFL and Rogers has been the the top (or near top) QB in FFL for a couple of years. The guy is a stat machine when you add his rushing yards and TDs to his gaudy passing stats.

I'm sorry guys, It just seems plain crazy to me to hate on Rogers just because the media likes him more than Romo or gives him more slack than Romo. It comes across as some sort of twisted paranoia to me.

Romo has been top 3-4 in fantasy also.