Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
MWILL;3794483 said:
What? You rather have the eGALS to win just to prove a point? :eek:

An empty eaGIRLZ trophy case is what Cowboys fans should want. :D

I would much rather the Eagles won yesterday. They aren't going to do any damage or get to the SB anyway.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Double Trouble;3794465 said:
The only place you'll find people who think Romo is better than Rodgers is a Cowboys internet forum.

Care to explain where Rodgers is "better" than Romo?

Or are you just gonna make a statement and run away as usual?

wileedog

Reaction score
CowboyMike;3794475 said:
Care to back that up with facts? Or reasoning to back your opinion?

I'm as big a Romo homer as you will find, and while I think Rodgers has all of the pocket presence and athleticism that Tony does, he definitely has a stronger and more accurate arm IMO.

That's not a knock on Romo - at 27 years old there aren't too many QBs I would take right now over Rodgers. Maybe none, age considered.

We're just going to have to live with the media stupidity until Romo wins something. Rodgers losing is not going to stop it anyway, so I totally don't get why someone would root for the Eagles yesterday. As has been mentioned, Rivers winning nothing isn't helping anything.

*edit* also, remember Rodgers, Brees and Rivers get a pass too because of pedigree. They were 1st round picks and media darlings before they even played a down. I think Romo being a UDFA always leaves that "is he legit?" question hanging over some people who don't want to believe it.

Stautner

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794456 said:
I'm not bashing Rivers at all. I think he's great. He hasn't "led" them to anything in the playoffs in 2 years now though. That's the same things Romo get's blasted for and he at least won last year. Rivers and Romo are both great during the regular season. That's good enough to save Rivers image but for some reason not Tony's to some people.

And he was 1-6 this year. Only huge success lingers. Moderate success after years of moderate or less than moderate success doesn't carry you very far. Rivers moderate success (winning record) this year has to go further than a 1-6 record does.

Yes, I know you can't just blame the 1-6 on Romo, but we are talking percepetions, and expectations, and like or not, 1-6 is going to take its toll.

Rememer all those other examples of QBs whose star faded I gave a few posts back.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
People are upset that the Packers won because this would elevate the respect of Rodgers around the league?

Seriously? The nut hugging of Vick would have been 10,000 X worse if the Eagles had won that game. If he had thrown a TD instead of that INT, there would be no end to the BS "changed man" articles and such.

Rodgers has earned that respect. Vick, on the other hand.....

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Stautner;3794501 said:
And he was 1-6 this year. Only huge success lingers. Moderate success after years of moderate or less than moderate success doesn't carry you very far. Rivers moderate success (winning record) this year has to go further than a 1-6 record does.

Yes, I know you can't just blame the 1-6 on Romo, but we are talking percepetions, and expectations, and like or not, 1-6 is going to take its toll.

Rememer all those other examples of QBs whose star faded I gave a few posts back.

As someone who lives in SD I can tell you if the Chargers went 0-16 next season, Rivers wouldn't catch any flack for it. I understand perception, no matter how ignorant it may be, but Rivers and Rogers both seem to be untouchable by the media or any criticism.

Stautner

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794507 said:
As someone who lives in SD I can tell you if the Chargers went 0-16 next season, Rivers wouldn't catch any flack for it. I understand perception, no matter how ignorant it may be, but Rivers and Rogers both seem to be untouchable by the media or any criticism.

Maybe, maybe not - maybe San Diego is a diff3erent town with different fan expectations and attitudes. Maybe there are other factors. I personally doubt very seriously everyone would be high on Rodgers after going 0-16, but I don't live in San Diego so I'm not really in a position to dispute you. I certainly don't think Rivers would be free from scrutiny by the natinoal media if he failed that miserably.

But, again, believing everyone in the NFL is treated the same regardless of situations and variables, except Romo, is ludirous. I have given you examples of other players - stars rise and fall all the time, and it is fueled by what the media can promote or make a story out of, and isn't specific or unique to Romo.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I see Rogers being better than Romo in the following areas:

* QB Rating -- Rogers has had 2 straight seasons of 100+ QB Ratings. Romo has never had one
* Rushing. Rogers in one of the top 2 rushing QBs in the league (after Vick) is is good for 300 yards per season and 4-5 rushing TDS. He ran it 64 times this season for 5.6/ypc. My guess is that amounted to another 40 or so 1st downs for Green Bay. Romo averages about 100 yards rushing per season and less than 1 TD
* Not that it matters much, but I think Rogers has a stronger arm. Both, however, can make all the throws
* Don't shoot me for saying this -- Rogers seems like more of a natural leader.
* Rogers doesn't lose many fumbles -- 1 this year -- 4 last year -- Romo lost 11 in his past two full seasons. In other words, Rogers fumbles about half as much as Romo

Those are just some of the reasons that I can easily discern from the stat lines of Romo and Rogers why some people would rank Rogers slightly ahead of Romo.

It hard, in fact, to find a single statistical area where Romo is better than Rogers.

Reaction score
wileedog;3794495 said:
I'm as big a Romo homer as you will find, and while I think Rodgers has all of the pocket presence and athleticism that Tony does, he definitely has a stronger and more accurate arm IMO.

Just curious what starter Romo has a stronger arm than...

Tebow?

Can anyone name 5?

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
zrinkill;3794485 said:
By what standard?

They are both good QB's, but I have Rodgers being better IMO.

Last season both QB's had bad "O" lines. I felt Rodgers did more with his bad "O" line than Romo. Also, Rodgers can run (Romo can too) when the Packers are in the red zone, Rodgers is a threat with his arm and his feet. Lastly, Rodgers never had a "well, if we lose It won't be the end of the world" attitude. Which I believe Romo still has, he's just smart enough to not bring it up in public anymore.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;3794522 said:
Just curious what starter Romo has a stronger arm than...

Tebow?

Can anyone name 5?

Brady Quinn.

Oh. Wait. You said starting QB....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;3794517 said:
And you still woke up small today with a Durant bench. :(

I do not even know what this means ...... probably something to do with a Brady Quinn blow up doll.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794492 said:
I would much rather the Eagles won yesterday. They aren't going to do any damage or get to the SB anyway.[/quote]

:laugh2: Yeah, that's true.

I've been fan of Rodgers since the draft and the unfair beating he got from the Farve fans. Since then I wanted him to succeed (accept against Dallas).

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
MWILL;3794539 said:
They are both good QB's, but I have Rodgers being better IMO.

Last season both QB's had bad "O" lines. I felt Rodgers did more with his bad "O" line than Romo. Also, Rodgers can run (Romo can too) when the Packers are in the red zone, Rodgers is a threat with his arm and his feet. Lastly, Rodgers never had a "well, if we lose It won't be the end of the world" attitude. Which I believe Romo still has, he's just smart enough to not bring it up in public anymore.

So just lots of opinions.

Got it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
MWILL;3794550 said:
I've been fan of Rodgers since the draft and the unfair beating he got from the Farve fans. Since then I wanted him to succeed .

Now that really explains it.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
zrinkill;3794548 said:
I do not even know what this means ...... probably something to do with a Brady Quinn blow up doll.

Small means small. Consult dictionary.com if you need help.

Durant bench = Durant struggled to bench anything at the pre-draft workouts. I can't recall..... but I think he failed to do even one rep. He was weak and that was a huge knock on him coming out of the NBA draft. Laughable, but it was blown way out of proportion.....

That's what he was referring to.

DFWJC

Reaction score
perrykemp;3794521 said:
I see Rogers being better than Romo in the following areas:

* QB Rating -- Rogers has had 2 straight seasons of 100+ QB Ratings. Romo has never had one
* Rushing. Rogers in one of the top 2 rushing QBs in the league (after Vick) is is good for 300 yards per season and 4-5 rushing TDS. He ran it 64 times this season for 5.6/ypc. My guess is that amounted to another 40 or so 1st downs for Green Bay. Romo averages about 100 yards rushing per season and less than 1 TD
* Not that it matters much, but I think Rogers has a stronger arm. Both, however, can make all the throws
* Don't shoot me for saying this -- Rogers seems like more of a natural leader.
* Rogers doesn't lose many fumbles -- 1 this year -- 4 last year -- Romo lost 11 in his past two full seasons. In other words, Rogers fumbles about half as much as Romo

Those are just some of the reasons that I can easily discern from the stat lines of Romo and Rogers why some people would rank Rogers slightly ahead of Romo.

It hard, in fact, to find a single statistical area where Romo is better than Rogers.
Lots of good points here.

I like both Rodgers and Romo, but taking the bias out of the equation it's hard to put Tony ahead of AR. if someone wishes to put them on the same level, that works for me, but that would ignoring the stats.

As for arm strength, both can make all of the throws and both have as strong (or stronger) of an arm as Montana had...so enough said on that issue.

Oh yeah, you can throw Garrard in there with Rodgers as far as rushing QBs. fwiw