Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

Stautner

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794406 said:
The Dallas media just feeds off our own ignorant fans' hate though. If more Cowboys fans actually supported their players and didn't eat the negative junk up, it would be less prevalent.

Hey, it's Dallas. The expectations are higher here. We have the most recognized, most publicised, most merchandized team in the NFL, and the scrutiny and expectations are going to be higher than anywhere else. What Romo is going through goes with the territory.

DFWJC

Reaction score
There is always a double standard when Romo is involved...even by some on this forum. I don't see much difference between the two players overall.

Aside from that, Rodgers is outstanding, but I wish they wouldn't go overboard. I love Rodgers' game, but Tony sure is fun to watch too.

I do think winning a road game in the playoffs helps.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794406 said:
The Dallas media just feeds off our own ignorant fans' hate though. If more Cowboys fans actually supported their players and didn't eat the negative junk up, it would be less prevalent.

That maybe but I think the Dallas media helps instigate much of this. When you have reporters with the nick name "little ball of hate" what do you expect. I don't think they should do fluff pieces on the team but I think at times they go overboard on their criticism more so than many other local outlets

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Stautner;3794415 said:
Hey, it's Dallas. The expectations are higher here. We have the most recognized, most publicised, most merchandized team in the NFL, and the scrutiny and expectations are going to be higher than anywhere else. What Romo is going through goes with the territory.

Maybe it's time for some Cowboys fans to start lowering those expectations. It's a different time and a different league from when we were winning SBs. Some fans expectation's regular expectations just aren't realistic.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
perrykemp;3794403 said:
IMHO, Part of the love for Rogers has to do with Fantasy Football. Tons of people play FFL and Rogers has been the the top (or near top) QB in FFL for a couple of years. The guy is a stat machine when you add his rushing yards and TDs to his gaudy passing stats.

I'm sorry guys, It just seems plain crazy to me to hate on Rogers just because the media likes him more than Romo or gives him more slack than Romo. It comes across as some sort of twisted paranoia to me.
This. Romo is good. Rogers is better. Period.

Stautner

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794420 said:
Maybe it's time for some Cowboys fans to start lowering those expectations. It's a different time and a different league from when we were winning SBs.

The key is to be realistic, not to lower expectations. As far as I'm concerned the expectation should always be the top, but fans have to recognize the QB isn't always to blame. Still, the franchise has 2 revered QB's (Staubach and Aikman) that are always going to be the team standard, and I don't see that changing.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
austintodallas;3794422 said:
This. Romo is good. Rogers is better. Period.

Not period at all. When healthy, they put up identical statistics.

Stautner

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794427 said:
Not period at all. When healthy, they put up identical statistics.

The only difference is in perception at this point. Romo has been starting since 2006 and hasn't led his team to any great post season success. His star stagnated. Rodgers has only been starting since 2008 so he hasn't been at it as long, and his star is on the rise. If in 2 years Rodgers hasn't got his team to any better success than a playoff trip or two and 1 playoff win, his star will stagnate too.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Stautner;3794442 said:
The only difference is in perception at this point. Romo has been starting since 2006 and hasn't led his team to any great post season success. His star stagnated. Rodgers has only been starting since 2008 so he hasn't been at it as long, and his star is on the rise. If in 2 years Rodgers hasn't got his team to any better success than a playoff trip or two and 1 playoff win, his star will stagnate too.

I don't agree. Look at Rivers. One and done last season. This season they aren't even in it at all. He lead them on one good playoff run since he's been a starter and hasn't done anything the past 2 seasons. If 2 straight seasons of no post-season success didn't hurt Rivers, I don't see Rogers being any different.

DFWJC

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794449 said:
I don't agree. Look at Rivers. One and done last season. This season they aren't even in it at all. He lead them on one good playoff run since he's been a starter and hasn't done anything the past 2 seasons. If 2 straight seasons of no post-season success didn't hurt Rivers, I don't see Rogers being any different.
Have to disagree on Rivers, SDC.
He was completely outstanding this year and was surrounded by injuries. He had maybe his best year ever.

They had the worst special teams in the NFL and that's why they were not in the playoffs.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
DFWJC;3794453 said:
Have to disagree on Rivers, SDC.
He was completely outstanding this year and was surrounded by injuries. He had maybe his best year ever.

They had the worst special teams in the NFL and that's why they were not in the playoffs.

I'm not bashing Rivers at all. I think he's great. He hasn't "led" them to anything in the playoffs in 2 years now though. That's the same things Romo get's blasted for and he at least won last year. Rivers and Romo are both great during the regular season. That's good enough to save Rivers image but for some reason not Tony's to some people.

Reaction score
lqmac1;3794350 said:
My question is why is everyone (media) crowning A.rodg. that tittle after 1 playoff game???

Romo imo is the better qb, yet he still gets bashed all over the media and him and Rodgers have accomplished the same exact thing???

The media is so biased against the cowboys it's not even funny, That's why I love Micheal Irvin!!!

:laugh2: :laugh1: :eek: :confused:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The only place you'll find people who think Romo is better than Rodgers is a Cowboys internet forum.

I'd wager if you could poll all 32 nfl GMs on the one player they wish they could have on their team, Rodgers would be #1. This good and only 27 years old.

Stautner

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794449 said:

Like I said ........

And remember - every situation isn't identical, and the media may be faster or slower to get on, or jump off the bandwagon of different people for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons may be fair, some not, but it would be ridiculous to believe everyone is treated the same by the media except Romo.

Maybe the fact that Rivers is 55-25 as a starter and Romo is 39-23 as a starter plays into it? Maybe Romo's more flashy, starlet dating lifestyle plays into it. Maybe it's any number of things. Who knows.

Maybe Rivers is only one more season from losing some of his media shine.

Again, it's ridiculous to act as if every player and every situation is going to be dealt with exactly the same by the media except when it comes to Romo.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Double Trouble;3794465 said:
The only place you'll find people who think Romo is better than Rodgers is a Cowboys internet forum.

I'd wager if you could poll all 32 nfl GMs on the one player they wish they could have on their team, Rodgers would be #1. This good and only 27 years old.
Thank you. I love Romo but he's not better than Rodgers. He just isn't. Any objective football fan can see that.

Stautner

Reaction score
austintodallas;3794468 said:
Thank you. I love Romo but he's not better than Rodgers. He just isn't. Any objective football fan can see that.

The reality is there isn't that dramatically much difference in the two statistically at this point, and there is room for people to prefer either one. The difference in the two is media perception based on natural media tendencies.

Rodgers has been a starter 2 years less than Romo, so his star hasn't had a chance to rise or fall or stagnate as much - ultimately he will be judged by the media over time as well.

And Rodgers is currently having more team success than Romo, so it's natural the media would be on his bandwagon a bit.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
austintodallas;3794468 said:

Care to back that up with facts? Or reasoning to back your opinion?

Stautner

Reaction score
CowboyMike;3794475 said:
Care to back that up with facts? Or reasoning to back your opinion?

The facts aren't that much in favor of each. The "who's better" debate is senseless. They are both good QB's and there is room for anyone to have a preference of one over the other.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
casmith07;3794351 said:
Exactly what I knew would happen. This is why I wanted the Packers to lose.

What? You rather have the eGALS to win just to prove a point? :eek:

An empty eaGIRLZ trophy case is what Cowboys fans should want. :D