Roger Goodell has a Jerry Jones problem

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I almost sold my tickets this past year. Part of me wishes I did.

Then I got my statement and the ticket prices were raised and I was really wishing I did. Everytime the team sniffs success they raise prices.

Tired of sitting amongst visiting fans and fans who only come to one game and all they do is get up to get more food/drinks and take pictures. People who do not understand the etiquette of how going to a live game works. If the ball is about to be snapped and a play run do not make everyone get up so you can get back to your seat. It makes me mental and it happens constantly. I have already had two minor arguments about it this season. During the giants game a guy told me he will do what he wants because he paid 350 for this seat. I told him A. that is your fault its a 120 dollar seat and B. We are here to watch the game not keep moving so you can keep getting beers and fries.

The end of my time of going to the stadium is coming to an end.

The main reason I got mine was when row 1 opened up. A friend was going half with me on it. He had to back out a few years later du to financial reasons. Then I took over both seats. I had to travel for my work a lot, so started selling them, but that too was a headache, working about selling them to at least break even. that is an entire different story LOL.

I had season tickets at Texas Stadium for 2 years and wanted to have first dibs at the new stadium. The sales rep said he could not tell us where comparable seats would be or what was being offered to us. Which was BS. All he said was it was about halfway up in the top 400 section around the 40 yard line.

He had offered row 8 in section 313, as that was the only other area we were interested in for the prices in other areas. We told him we would think about it. but 4 days later he called and said row 1, 2 seats just opened up. so we took those.

I hindsight, I am glad we did, I do not regret it at all. But it was time to move on from them, and have no regrets selling them.
Now if I want to go to a game, I will just buy tickets to a single game, and know where I want to sit, and how much I am willing to pay.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Well hopefully Jerry does go after him hard. Make it really hard, really uncomfortable, and just go after him.

It would be so great, I mean one of the greatest moments in sports in my lifetime, if Dallas could some how find a way to win the Superbowl this year and force Goodell to have to hand Jerry Jones the trophy.

That's a moment I'd love to see.
Not for me.

I don't want that Chump any where near, anything professional football. Ever.

Much less have this lying, two-faced hack touch the Lombardi...............

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
That quote from Robert Kraft to Goodell in the summer "My guy got four games for footballs whats the holdup" about zeke says it all.

I agree.

The owners are all full of crap, they only care when something directly affects them.

If Julio Jones was the one being suspended, Jerry wouldn't say a damn word against Goodell or in support of Blank.

It's every man for himself, and that only strengthens the commissioner.

Dre11

Reaction score
I agree.

The owners are all full of crap, they only care when something directly affects them.

If Julio Jones was the one being suspended, Jerry wouldn't say a damn word against Goodell or in support of Blank.

And he shouldn't, but no owner should be able to influence punishment on another organization like the other owners has, they hit Jones and Snyder with the fine a couple years ago, that the rest of the owners shared. Jerry let it go and took it. I be pissed too behind this, on the second go round. Kraft has been in some kind of shenanigans for multiple years. Who's going to defend them?

morasp

Reaction score
If the report is true that the Zeke suspension was due to an okey dokey agreement between Goodell and members of the compensation committee I think it would be hilarious if instead of a lucrative extension Goodell ended up getting fired.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And he shouldn't, but no owner should be able to influence punishment on another organization like the other owners has, they hit Jones and Snyder with the fine a couple years ago, that the rest of the owners shared. Jerry let it go and took it. I be pissed too behind this, on the second go round. Kraft has been in some kind of shenanigans for multiple years. Who's going to defend them?

Is that Dre? The one I think it is? Yeah that's him ..........LOL:yourock::welcome:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
"My guy got four games for footballs whats the holdup"
Bob Kraft is stupid of the basic rules of logic.

Brady violated the PC due to all the evidence pointing to him violating the rules of the game. He affected the integrity of game, i.e. fair play and fair competition. His punishment was justified in all sense of the rules despite the notion that the Patriots would have most likely won the game without it ever happening.

Zeke allegedly violated the the PC due to allegedly committing DV, an allegation that was not only never charged by law enforcement authorities due to lack of evidence, but evidence that was contradictory to the claim, i.e., six affidavits evidencing the notion that Tiffany Thompson was a liar, was trying to extort Zeke, and ruin his reputation and career. This lack of credibility of the accuser was also reinforced by the NFL's own appointed arbitrator.

Shills in the media implicitly keep conflating the two and they are entirely falsely equivalent.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I agree.

Difference is that guys like Blank, Kraft and Mara were actively seeking punishment for EE, even though he had proof that he didn't abuse Thompson. Jerry wasn't actively seeking punishment for Brady despite Brady being practically caught red handed and the entire SpyGate mess. All Jerry did was say that he supported Goodell when he was asked what he thought of DeflateGate.

That's a big difference and it shows that there is some professional jealousy against Jerry.

And I also believe that some of this was amplified by Jerry having the guts to say that if a Cowboys player protests the anthem, he will be benched. No other owner said that and you have to draw the conclusion that they were for the anthem protests. And how dare Jerry to say that he won't allow for it on his team.

YR

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
As I've stated on multiple threads now...

Their are hit pieces on Jerry all over & they're there for a reason......

Big bullseye on his back right now by other owners

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Shills in the media implicitly keep conflating the two and they are entirely falsely equivalent.

Yup.

And they start off the article by saying that Jerry only cared about the Elliott situation because he saw him as a player that could take him to the Super Bowl. Couldn't be that Jerry actually saw all of the evidence of how Elliott was completely innocent and proved it way beyond a reasonable doubt and that he was being railroaded?

Nah.

YR

knightrider94

Reaction score
It’s one thing to get punished for trying to gain a competitive advantage by manipulating footballs. That has had little or no impact on Tom Brady reputation, endorsements, etc.; it’s something entirely different when you are willing to label someone an abuser, a lifelong stigma, because of some football beef.

These owners care very little about the league as a whole, and that’ll be their downfall.

erod

Reaction score
If Goodell gets extended, so much for the Cowboys getting a fair shake ever again.

Wow.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
As I've stated on multiple threads now...

Their are hit pieces on Jerry all over & they're there for a reason......

Big bullseye on his back right now by other owners

I imagine it’s the league office not the other owners. These guys may argue but they are all right. They are all wealthy beyond anyone’s wildest imaginations and will take up for each other if push comes to shove.

The league office on the other hand are employees who need their jobs and probably need opinions to be swayed in one direction to help them.