Rolando always seems to have something going on in his family

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was suspended from actual games several time due to failed drug test, he was late to meetings and often skipped conditioning. So how is that meaningless?

Because that's not the same thing. You're talking about a great player with off the field issues that caused him to miss time. Like Irvin. Yeah, you deal with that if you have to.

This is a head case average player who for the 3rd year in a row has bailed on offseason work with the team because of personal issues. A guy who is notoriously out of shape with a questionable love of the game.

Are we seriously having this conversation? How old are you?

CWR

Reaction score
Because that's not the same thing. You're talking about a great player with off the field issues that caused him to miss time. Like Irvin. Yeah, you deal with that if you have to.

This is a head case average player who for the 3rd year in a row has bailed on offseason work with the team because of personal issues. A guy who is notoriously out of shape with a questionable love of the game.

Are we seriously having this conversation? How old are you?

Dont insult my thoughts or opinions, after you embarrassed yourself with Carson Wentz for the last few months. You arent anyone to question anyones maturity.

Clearly there is a talent line at which you cut or dont cut I dont argue that. Also our nutless team elected to not resign Hardy. Also cut Randle mid season.

Aven8

Reaction score
Wow a kid from rural Alabama has family issues?? You don't say!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dont insult my thoughts or opinions, after you embarrassed yourself with Carson Wentz for the last few months. You arent anyone to question anyones maturity.

Clearly there is a talent line at which you cut or dont cut I dont argue that. Also our nutless team elected to not resign Hardy. Also cut Randle mid season.

So you want me to pretend we should allow Rolando McClain to attend offseason work when he wants to because Parcells dealt with off the field issues with Lawrence Taylor?

Are you trolling me right now? Nobody can actually think this and still successfully navigate the Internet.

Aven8

Reaction score
3rd year in a row.

He's got "my lazy *** doesn't want to work and you guys will tolerate it thanks to the owner" issues.

I'd cut him yesterday.

And with that laziness he's still probably top 5 most talented player on this roster!

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
So you want me to pretend we should allow Rolando McClain to attend offseason work when he wants to because Parcells dealt with off the field issues with Lawrence Taylor?

Are you trolling me right now? Nobody can actually think this and still successfully navigate the Internet.

Nope I didnt say all that. This isnt a case of our coach being castrated by our GM either. This is us paying McClain another one year contract and hoping he will deliver on the field, rather than creating another hole on the team. The only reason I said anything was your presumption Parcells would cut McClain. Given the circumstances I disagree.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
3rd year in a row.

He's got "my lazy *** doesn't want to work and you guys will tolerate it thanks to the owner" issues.

I'd cut him yesterday.

I'd wouldn't cut him just yet, but if he isn't in shape come regular season time, I would start Hitchens over him...frankly I think Hitchens is a better MLB.

Reactions: CWR

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Nope I didnt say all that. This isnt a case of our coach being castrated by our GM either. This is us paying McClain another one year contract and hoping he will deliver on the field, rather than creating another hole on the team. The only reason I said anything was your presumption Parcells would cut McClain. Given the circumstances I disagree.

Yeah, I think Parcells would "get" Rolando a whole lot better than he did TO.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
He's having his way for the time being -- but that's something that will catch up with the best of them eventually. He's no exception.

I think he will retire or do the 1 year gig for each team he plays for from here on out (if he's signed).

Dodger12

Reaction score
Parcells put up with LTs crap. Ro wouldn't be kicked to the curb as fast as all the Parcells guys think.

If Ro was Rookie of the Year, a perennial Pro-Bowler and All-Pro and one of the greatest LB not only in his era but in the history of the game, a coach may be a bit forgiving and patient. Ro is none of the above. At some point a coach needs to ask himself in a guy like Ro is worth the trouble.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Given what circumstances? The ones that have nothing to do with Lawrence Taylor?

There is a 0% chance Parcells would allow a player to take vacation time every year and miss any offseason work.

CWR

Reaction score
Given what circumstances? The ones that have nothing to do with Lawrence Taylor?

There is a 0% chance Parcells would allow a player to take vacation time every year and miss any offseason work.

The circumstances Im referring to would be our LB corps of (often injured) Lee, Hitchens, Gachkar and Wilbur. Also, RoMacs team friendly contract.

I dont believe we are in a position to cut RoMac right now.

Theres more than one way to punish a player. Another poster made a good point in demoting Ro and letting him sit behind Hitchens. I think thats probably the optimal way to handle him.

Also he hasnt missed anything mandatory as of yet(this year). I know you have an itchy trigger finger Parcells but lets slow it down...

CWR

Reaction score
If Ro was Rookie of the Year, a perennial Pro-Bowler and All-Pro and one of the greatest LB not only in his era but in the history of the game, a coach may be a bit forgiving and patient. Ro is none of the above. At some point a coach needs to ask himself in a guy like Ro is worth the trouble.

I dont think the staff is oblivious to that. I think they are trying to put themselves in a position to move on. If they had any faith in Ro he wouldnt be signing one year contracts.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The circumstances Im referring to would be our LB corps of (often injured) Lee, Hitchens, Gachkar and Wilbur. Also, RoMacs team friendly contract.

I dont believe we are in a position to cut RoMac right now.

Theres more than one way to punish a player. Another poster made a good point in demoting Ro and letting him sit behind Hitchens. I think thats probably the optimal way to handle him.

Also he hasnt missed anything mandatory as of yet(this year). I know you have an itchy trigger finger Parcells but lets slow it down...

What you think doesn't matter to me. This is about what Parcells would do. You mentioned Lawrence Taylor. A completely and totally irrelevant example.

Parcells would not allow a player to pick and choose when he works in the offseason. Wouldn't happen. Not with a great player like LT or a JAG like McClain. He should be immediately released. It's addition by subtraction.

CWR

Reaction score
What you think doesn't matter to me. This is about what Parcells would do. You mentioned Lawrence Taylor. A completely and totally irrelevant example.

Parcells would not allow a player to pick and choose when he works in the offseason. Wouldn't happen. Not with a great player like LT or a JAG like McClain. He should be immediately released. It's addition by subtraction.

Fair enough. I also couldn't care less what your opinion on the matter is. I dont think Ro is still here because of the teams lack of a spine.

Immediately releasing a player you clearly need for missing voluntary OTAs is flat stupid.

We clearly dont trust him and are most likely not resigning him. Until then the team needs him.

BHendri5

Reaction score
It wouldn't happen under Parcells but our current head coach has no power. These players are appeased by the lunatic that owns the team.

why do people continue to give parcells credit like he accomplished something here? He was a washed up, burned out grouchy smart aleck old coach, that refused to progress with the times and that is why he did nothing with us. parcells did nothing and I am tired of people acting like he did, oh wait he gave us notable quotes while he antagonized players

Dodger12

Reaction score
I dont think the staff is oblivious to that. I think they are trying to put themselves in a position to move on. If they had any faith in Ro he wouldnt be signing one year contracts.

That one year contract for a scrub who isn't reliable is going to cost a young player a roster spot. I just think that sends the wrong message to the other players. We keep being told about RKG and here we are discussing RoMac not participating in off-season workouts.

CWR

Reaction score
That one year contract for a scrub who isn't reliable is going to cost a young player a roster spot. I just think that sends the wrong message to the other players. We keep being told about RKG and here we are discussing RoMac not participating in off-season workouts.

I think Ro was brought in as a reclamation project and he has dangled just enough talent and production to keep him, in hopes of better days. I havent heard what type of "family matters" he is dealing with nor do I know if this is a legitimate excuse. Hes like the boy who cried wolf at this point though. Hes ran out of legitimate excuses.

I really dont think he will be back next year. We had alot of holes to fill and had we been better last year he may have never been resigned.

As of now hes a starter who can and will contribute. When hes on he is a hell of a player. Something we likely wouldn't be getting from a young guy clawing for a roster spot.