Twitter: Rolando McClain: "We're taking over the world this year"

jday

Reaction score
I said the same thing. A motivated, healthy Ro with a full offseason and train camp regiment is going to be a beast. No disrespect to the other linebackers, but Noone of them hold a candle to Ro. There's a reason he was a top 10 draft pick.

I'd argue a healthy Sean Lee is on the same plateau...just a different one for different reasons.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'd argue a healthy Sean Lee is on the same plateau...just a different one for different reasons.

Sean Lee has a rep for being made of glass...but, he had an unfortunate accident last year during camp which can happen to any player. If they move him to the weak side and let him be the Captain for the defense, this team could go a long way!

jday

Reaction score
Sean Lee has a rep for being made of glass...but, he had an unfortunate accident last year during camp which can happen to any player. If they move him to the weak side and let him be the Captain for the defense, this team could go a long way!

One thing I would predict with confidence is that our linebacking core will have more interceptions than any other team in the league by the end of the season, barring injuries, of course.

Aven8

Reaction score

Who could have known Martin was going to be All Pro after that pancake block!

I do agree as the same thing happened to Crawford the year before.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
One thing I would predict with confidence is that our linebacking core will have more interceptions than any other team in the league by the end of the season, barring injuries, of course.

That is true, because we are getting some players up front that are going to GATA.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Who could have known Martin was going to be All Pro after that pancake block!

I do agree as the same thing happened to Crawford the year before.

Football is a violent game. But, when you can get players that are smart and love playing football, and can come to a good environment that can help them overcome their past ways in life and move on...it's win win situation for all parties involved, the team, the player, and society.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
He and Lee just need to stay on the field.
Do me a favor guys and stop speaking this stuff into the air. Let's stop "calling those things that be not as if they were".

I believe "you are what you think and feel you are". As a man thinks in his heart so is he. If you all are going into training camp on pins and needles waiting for somebody to go down, that a miserable way to go about it. I'm glad our "beasts" don't play ball the way you guys view ball" ... with all due respect:star:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Football is a violent game. But, when you can get players that are smart and love playing football, and can come to a good environment that can help them overcome their past ways in life and move on...it's win win situation for all parties involved, the team, the player, and society.
...and that's why I felt we had a better than 60% chance of getting Ro back.

dallasdave

Reaction score
:yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:Rolando McClain: "We're taking over the world this year" if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year, I will be On Top of the World.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Captain based on his . . . play? Play in what year? Captain based on his sidelines enthusiasm? Let's not elevate any ones just for showing up. I imagine there will be others who can captain and not a captaincy based on hype or legend or the "he be a leader" meme. harumph!! (hitching mein pants up)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Captain based on his . . . play? Play in what year? Captain based on his sidelines enthusiasm? Let's not elevate any ones just for showing up. I imagine there will be others who can captain and not a captaincy based on hype or legend or the "he be a leader" meme. harumph!! (hitching mein pants up)

Well, Sean does have to get promoted because he's a private right now. And, I like that you don't walk round with baggy drawers. I would make Scandrick the Captain.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Do me a favor guys and stop speaking this stuff into the air. Let's stop "calling those things that be not as if they were".

I believe "you are what you think and feel you are". As a man thinks in his heart so is he. If you all are going into training camp on pins and needles waiting for somebody to go down, that a miserable way to go about it. I'm glad our "beasts" don't play ball the way you guys view ball" ... with all due respect:star:

Did I say I was worried about it? There's nothing newsworthy about concern for Lee staying healthy. And Ro had his share of injuries of which the concussions are esp worrisome.

I'm actually unable to discern if you are serious.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Did I say I was worried about it? There's nothing newsworthy about concern for Lee staying healthy. And Ro had his share of injuries of which the concussions are esp worrisome.

I'm actually unable to discern if you are serious.

I'm serious. And I'm really floored that you appear to be offended by my post. (I tried my best NOT to get you upset by saying "with all due respect".) I also tried to throw some philosophical wisdom in there:oops:....but I guess that didn't help either. (I also said "you guys" to take the onus off of you because you're not the only one who forecasts or talks about previous injuries... some more than others.) Oh well, just tried to redirect the conversation.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm serious. And I'm really floored that you appear to be offended by my post. (I tried my best NOT to get you upset by saying "with all due respect".) I also tried to throw some philosophical wisdom in there:oops:....but I guess that didn't help either. (I also said "you guys" to take the onus off of you because you're not the only one who forecasts or talks about previous injuries... some more than others.) Oh well, just tried to redirect the conversation.

I'm not offended at all. Your opinions are just as important as anyone here. I do think you are reading too much into what I'm typing though. But it's all good.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

SB you are right. These are our guys and we know the concerns. The past is the past and the future is now.

Every time we mention Lee and McClain we don't need to provide the laundry list of possibilities.

We have depth so whatever happens we are covered, but can't we root for a dominating LB corp.