Role Call: Will Be Easy To Spot Bohanna's Position

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It'd be hard to not notice anyone with Bohanna's size. At 6-4 and 327 (maybe more, with the passage of time) he'll stick out like a sore thumb. He'll be a true nose guard, which will be something the Dallas DL has lacked for a long time. He should be a run plugger supreme, with the size and quickness to attend to that purpose handily. Like most of you, I'll really be looking forward to seeing someone like Bohanna around to improve this team's defense vs. the running games of our opponents. Welcome to the Cowboys, big fella!

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Bet You Didn't Know:Bohanna was listed around 357 pounds at Kentucky and even added a few more pounds during the 2020 season, going north of 360. But before the NFL Draft, he dropped down to 327 for his Pro Day. As impressive as it was to drop 30 pounds, the Cowboys can only hope he eats up as much space as before. But the "lighter" Bohanna was impressive in the offseason minicamps and OTAs, showing surprising agility for his size.​

Being able to dump a lot of weight for his Pro Day is a good sign for being able to control his weight at the NFL level. Presumably he's better at 327 as well, so we're getting a better player than he showed in college last year.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
A combination of Bohana, Osa, Golston, Urban, Watkins, Basham to replace the snaps of Crawford, Woods, and Armstrong (believe Dorance will be cut by the end of TC)? Positive gain

Potential growth and development of Gallimore and Hill? Add in a (hopefully) full offseason and healthy year for Gregory? Should see some gains from these guys as well.

DLaw was solid last year... no reason to think he can’t do it again or perhaps deliver a slightly more productive season.

The FO may not have added a blue chip FA or draft pick.... but they have added some very solid role players and have definitely beefed up the run stopping talent.

Pass-rush? Little harder to predict

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It'd be hard to not notice anyone with Bohanna's size. At 6-4 and 327 (maybe more, with the passage of time) he'll stick out like a sore thumb. He'll be a true nose guard, which will be something the Dallas DL has lacked for a long time. He should be a run plugger supreme, with the size and quickness to attend to that purpose handily. Like most of you, I'll really be looking forward to seeing someone like Bohanna around to improve this team's defense vs. the running games of our opponents. Welcome to the Cowboys, big fella!
Yeah they have needed that fatty in the middle for years.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
After reading this part I had to double check on the link provided. I thought for a second Bohanna was a horse at the Kentucky Derby w/that weight. That boy is built like a Volkswagen Bug. :lmao:

"Bet You Didn't Know: Bohanna was listed around 357 pounds at Kentucky"

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Ken Bishop, Jordan Carrell, Joey Ivie, even going back to Willie Blade, Daleroy Stewart and John Nix in 2001, we've tried this path before. We definitely hope for a Jay Ratliff-like find or even the level of a Sean Lissemore, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

The good news is that we're not asking a lot of Bohanna. We just want him to be tough to move in the middle so that teams have to double him against the run long enough for the linebackers to get into the gaps. However, we've drafted some late-round duds in the past who weren't even able to do that.

Sydla

Reaction score
I like this kid but then again some of my former DL pet cats have been guys like Charles Tapper. I also was desperate for us to land Derek Barnett and he's kind of a dud in Philly. So this kid is probably gonna bust since I just gave him the kiss of death.

Plankton

Reaction score
If he becomes a Grady Jarrett type of tackle or even close to it then this draft would have been a success.

He'd need to morph into a completely different player in order for that to happen. You would be hard pressed to find two guys in terms of physical stature and skills different than Grady Jarrett and Quinton Bohanna.

terra

Reaction score
Ken Bishop, Jordan Carrell, Joey Ivie, even going back to Willie Blade, Daleroy Stewart and John Nix in 2001, we've tried this path before. We definitely hope for a Jay Ratliff-like find or even the level of a Sean Lissemore, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

The good news is that we're not asking a lot of Bohanna. We just want him to be tough to move in the middle so that teams have to double him against the run long enough for the linebackers to get into the gaps. However, we've drafted some late-round duds in the past who weren't even able to do that.
IF he can control his weight he will be a find. His coach at Kentucky said he seemed to finally understand about keeping it down.
Bottom line is he is the first real fire plug we have had since forever.
All this quick twitch crap got us nothing.
Give me a big trash can full of dirt in the middle.
I think he can be a lot more.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It is hilarious reading posts by wannabe GMs getting all hot and bothered and thinking a 6th round 327-350 pound DL is the cure-all for the defense and the ticket to the promised land.

Shhh, keep it quiet, the 31 other teams haven’t figured it out. What else explains him lasting to the 6th round?

I wish him well and hope he does well and like the name Bohanna - sounds Hawaiian.

What percentage chance does he have making the team? 20-30% right now, maybe? Should be fun watching him in camp, though. Going to break a lot of hearts if he is cut or poached from the practice squad.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score