Role Call: Will Be Easy To Spot Bohanna's Position

McKDaddy

Reaction score
A combination of Bohana, Osa, Golston, Urban, Watkins, Basham to replace the snaps of Crawford, Woods, and Armstrong (believe Dorance will be cut by the end of TC)? Positive gain

Potential growth and development of Gallimore and Hill? Add in a (hopefully) full offseason and healthy year for Gregory? Should see some gains from these guys as well.

DLaw was solid last year... no reason to think he can’t do it again or perhaps deliver a slightly more productive season.

The FO may not have added a blue chip FA or draft pick.... but they have added some very solid role players and have definitely beefed up the run stopping talent.

Pass-rush? Little harder to predict

the type upgrades that are easy to overlook but all it takes is small incremental improvement across the roster to make a huge difference in unit performance.

they have to go out & prove they are better but i agree they appear to be.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
IF he can control his weight he will be a find. His coach at Kentucky said he seemed to finally understand about keeping it down.
Bottom line is he is the first real fire plug we have had since forever.
All this quick twitch crap got us nothing.
Give me a big trash can full of dirt in the middle.
I think he can be a lot more.

I'm definitely hopeful and glad that we got a player who better fits the nose tackle profile. However, a lot of late-round picks wash out, so I won't be surprised if that happens.

terra

Reaction score
I'm definitely hopeful and glad that we got a player who better fits the nose tackle profile. However, a lot of late-round picks wash out, so I won't be surprised if that happens.
All indications are that the main reason he fell was his weight. There is doubt he can keep it off. He never really tried to take off weight until he was getting ready for the draft. I have read where if he had been at 330 the whole season he might have been as high as a 3rd rd pick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It is hilarious reading posts by wannabe GMs getting all hot and bothered and thinking a 6th round 327-350 pound DL is the cure-all for the defense and the ticket to the promised land.

Shhh, keep it quiet, the 31 other teams haven’t figured it out. What else explains him lasting to the 6th round?

I wish him well and hope he does well and like the name Bohanna - sounds Hawaiian.

What percentage chance does he have making the team? 20-30% right now, maybe? Should be fun watching him in camp, though. Going to break a lot of hearts if he is cut or poached from the practice squad.
You’ve just cracked my top 10 Haters list.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
All indications are that the main reason he fell was his weight. There is doubt he can keep it off. He never really tried to take off weight until he was getting ready for the draft. I have read where if he had been at 330 the whole season he might have been as high as a 3rd rd pick.

That's just speculation. Truth is, that because he's a run-stuffing NT, he wasn't going to go very high in the draft. The best of the bunch, Alim McNeill, went in the third round because he had flashed ability to be a three-down player. Look at all the run-stuffing NT-types in this draft and they all went from the fourth round on.

Now, maybe if Bohanna had lost weight, he would have been a better against the pass, but there's no real indication of that. I hope he is because even though we want a big ol' boy in there at NT, if he can only play the run, that gives an advantage of the offense since it's not obligated to run the ball on running downs.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. You don't want to hang out in Rockport and his crews club anyway. I hear they just sit around and pretend its 1995 all day long.

Don't we get some patch or hat or t-shirt?
I would never last in their group. I would definitely lose it watching the 'Zeke working it' video for the 100th time.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I like this kid but then again some of my former DL pet cats have been guys like Charles Tapper. I also was desperate for us to land Derek Barnett and he's kind of a dud in Philly. So this kid is probably gonna bust since I just gave him the kiss of death.
:laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that. I did not know @Risen Star was in your 'Homer Club.' I guess he did a mea culpa and finally disavowed Wentz and swore allegiance to Dak.
No such thing as a homer club. There’s the Cowboy fans and then there are the Haters.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
stick him in the middle and let two people block him if that happens he could be the mvp on the defensive side

everybody else can be 1 on 1 and i like those odds

Being tall and fat doesnt make you a good football player. As a 6th round pick I dont expect him to play much unless we see more injuries.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
IF he can control his weight he will be a find. His coach at Kentucky said he seemed to finally understand about keeping it down.
Bottom line is he is the first real fire plug we have had since forever.
All this quick twitch crap got us nothing.
Give me a big trash can full of dirt in the middle.
I think he can be a lot more.

What are you basing our analysis on? It cant be his draft position.