RoMac and Leary are at mini camp

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
H-m-m, at least the magpies that were playing "hookie" are now in attendance.

Apparently, the specter of paying hefty fines serves as a disciplinary wonder.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
After this mini camp there will be 41 days before they meet again for training camp

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Really dude?

Really dude what?

Dont misconstrue my intent here. I am making fun of the fans on here that were laughably implying that RO missing OTA's was because he was a great father. NOT making fun of RO himself. He does NOT read these comments and I dont know RO personally.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
After this mini camp there will be 41 days before they meet again for training camp

Jeez, that's too long! It's kinda scary if they're left to their own resources to stay in shape.

Hopefully, they'll elect to go to Frisco or someplace more readily accessible to work out.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Talk about the 'dog days of summer', we think the news is sparse now, just wait!

:mad:

As most know I was not thrilled with McClain missing all the OTA and with 41 days after this mini camp that should have been ample time to be with his kids. I'm sorry I think he could arrange things so that he can take care of his family and his obligation. Of course the OTA were not mandatory but given this is a 4-12 team I think it is a bit important that players take this very seriously

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I always expected full attendance at this mandatory mini camp. The snarky comments about some of these players not showing up for the previous voluntary events are a bit uncalled for. These are human beings with not so perfect family situations in every case. If the FO has communicated to these individuals that they will be given them some leeway for time away, it's not our place to judge. When I hear a coach publicly knocking a player that has an understanding with the FO it makes me think the FO to staff lines of communication aren't optimal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As most know I was not thrilled with McClain missing all the OTA and with 41 days after this mini camp that should have been ample time to be with his kids. I'm sorry I think he could arrange things so that he can take care of his family and his obligation. Of course the OTA were not mandatory but given this is a 4-12 team I think it is a bit important that players take this very seriously

I'm totally with you. Like you've said, he's got 41 days after this to spend plenty of quality time with his kids.

His avoidance for the work part of football is well-established and undeniable.

It will be funny to see those making excuses for him this year praising the Cowboys when he's gone next year.

I would have liked to have seen the team move on already and wish they had signed James Laurinits when the Rams released him.

Not only has he actually shown up in New Orleans, he's quickly established himself as a team leader, already calling plays and alignments.

It would have been nice to have that in Dallas this year for our defense instead of the 'McClain Watch'.

:(

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seen they have reported, but I do not tweet, so can someone post these links please?

I just want to get this out there, so the whiners will stop....:muttley:
Oh wait, let's see what kind of shape he is in first....:laugh:

Can we have a 24, 17 page mega threads on how well he looks if that is the case?

Vero_F250

Reaction score

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Who's got a schedule for this 3 day mini camp? Are they doing 2 a days?

It's got to be difficult for players like Showers to be getting reps when the full roster is on hand. I wonder how they manage this?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm totally with you. Like you've said, he's got 41 days after this to spend plenty of quality time with his kids.

His avoidance for the work part of football is well-established and undeniable.

It will be funny to see those making excuses for him this year praising the Cowboys when he's gone next year.

I would have liked to have seen the team move on already and wish they had signed James Laurinits when the Rams released him.

Not only has he actually shown up in New Orleans, he's quickly established himself as a team leader, already calling plays and alignments.

It would have been nice to have that in Dallas this year for our defense instead of the 'McClain Watch'.

:(

I just think there should be a sense of urgency considering this team is not coming off a SB, we are coming off a horrendous season of 4-12 after going into that season with high expectations considering the results of 2014. A lot was expected. This team does not have time to screw around if they truly are serious about redeeming themselves after that embarrassment of last season. Do I expect all to show? you bet unless there is an emergency then yes I expect it. As we both mentioned there are 41 days left after this camp that is starting today that should be ample time for players to spend with family.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I seen they have reported, but I do not tweet, so can someone post these links please?

I just want to get this out there, so the whiners will stop....:muttley:
Oh wait, let's see what kind of shape he is in first....:laugh:

Can we have a 24, 17 page mega threads on how well he looks if that is the case?

I don't think it is whining I think this team looked like a joke last season and yes I expect guys to be fired up and ready to prove that last season was a fluke instead we sit and make excuses. Enough already I would hope every player wants a SB more than the fans do. Championship do not happen by luck or accident it starts in the off season. If all others managed to attend then you bet I expect all to attend. Then again maybe winning is not that important to some.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it is whining I think this team looked like a joke last season and yes I expect guys to be fired up and ready to prove that last season was a fluke instead we sit and make excuses. Enough already I would hope every player wants a SB more than the fans do. Championship do not happen by luck or accident it starts in the off season. If all others managed to attend then you bet I expect all to attend. Then again maybe winning is not that important to some.

No, it's whining! LOL.

This has nothing to do with the results of last season. This is a new season. Embrace the new season and stop looking at the past.
A player missing voluntary camps to be with his kids, if that's about the only time he can spend with them. That is better than a player that can be there, but chooses not to, because he wants out.
however, both are here, and let's see how they do, what type of shape they are in, especially Ro. He has no excuses this year. No having been off for almost 2 years, no knees being scoped.