Romo clutch this year

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas is lucky to have a top QB like Romo, in terms of winning in post season and taking it the distance it is going to take a team.

I never once saw Eli play defense and yet defense played a big part of NY going the distance. QB is important but winning championship still is a team effort not a 1 man show.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aikman got an MVP played great vs Buffalo and yet I also recall in both meetings a Dallas defense got a ton of turnovers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
burmafrd;4909759 said:
KJJ says that the helmet play was the greatest play in SB history

that pretty much tells you all you need to know

You honestly think I'm the only one who believes that play was the greatest play in SB history? :cool: If so that tells you all you need to know about you. You'll have a tough time finding a list of the greatest plays in SB history that doesn't list the Eli to Tyree play as #1. If you think I'm alone in my thinking you're sadly mistaken as usual. Steve Sabol of NFL films called the play the greatest play the SB has ever produced click on the link. Is Sabol's opinion not credible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Manning_pass_to_David_Tyree

Here's a list of the top 20 greatest plays in SB history and what must be a complete shock to your system the Eli to Tyree play is ranked numero uno.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-the-xx-greatest-super-bowl-plays-of-all-time

Here's a video clip of the top 10 SB plays compiled by NFLN and what do you know the Eli to Tyree play is ranked #1. Do you need more links that back my opinion or have I made you look silly enough? I don't make claims unless I have stats or facts that support me. With all the crying you do about my opinions you should know that but you have an agenda. Instead of always acting like I'm alone in my thinking go research and see how many links you can come up with that don't list the Eli to Tyree play as the greatest play in SB history. :toast:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d8162f87d/Top-10-Super-Bowl-plays

burmafrd;4909759 said:
He will NEVER give Romo credit - EVER

Would you like to see all the many posts where I've not only given Romo credit but have defended him? Give me the word and I'll provide you some links. I can back up anything I say but you can't do the same. You have ZERO credibility. :toast:

burmafrd;4909759 said:
anyone who thinks that that play was more Manning then Tyree is all wet.

Show me a post in this discussion that you obviously haven't been following where I said that play was more Eli than Tyree? All you do is blow hot air because you have an agenda. Exposing you is so easy it's become boring...snore!

ufcrules1

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;4910219 said:
And Romo threw a perfect pass to Crayton too. Comparing Romo and Eli is absurdly stupid, why is it still going on here? Romo is unquestionably (by the sound of mind) the superior QB. Time to move on.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4910230 said:
Aikman got an MVP played great vs Buffalo and yet I also recall in both meetings a Dallas defense got a ton of turnovers.

It was a collective effort by the defense in SB XXVll no one player stood out above the others so Aikman who tossed 4 TD's was named the games MVP.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
KJJ;4910261 said:
You honestly think I'm the only one who believes that play was the greatest play in SB history? :cool: If so that tells you all you need to know about you. You'll have a tough time finding a list of the greatest plays in SB history that doesn't list the Eli to Tyree play as #1. If you think I'm alone in my thinking you're sadly mistaken as usual. Steve Sabol of NFL films called the play the greatest play the SB has ever produced click on the link. Is Sabol's opinion not credible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Manning_pass_to_David_Tyree

Here's a list of the top 20 greatest plays in SB history and what must be a complete shock to your system the Eli to Tyree play is ranked numero uno.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-the-xx-greatest-super-bowl-plays-of-all-time

Here's a video clip of the top 10 SB plays compiled by NFLN and what do you know the Eli to Tyree play is ranked #1. Do you need more links that back my opinion or have I made you look silly enough? I don't make claims unless I have stats or facts that support me. With all the crying you do about my opinions you should know that but you have an agenda. Instead of always acting like I'm alone in my thinking go research and see how many links you can come up with that don't list the Eli to Tyree play as the greatest play in SB history. :toast:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d8162f87d/Top-10-Super-Bowl-plays

Perhaps you missed it, but the first link you posted shows the catch as the #6 greatest play of all time in the Super Bowl.

I also found it interesting in the NFL.com video that all the former players on the set disagreed with the selection of the play being #1 over-all, while the mediots were all clamoring about how awesome it was. Who would you rather believe?

And perhaps you missed this list from the same site that you posted on your first attempt to prove your point.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1056134-5-best-catches-in-super-bowl-history/page/6

Anyone who tries to tell me that the Tyree catch was a better play at a better moment than Holmes' "catch" (I hate the Steelers, and I'm still not convinced it was indeed a catch) loses a ton of credibility in my book. That catch WON the game, not set up the game winning play, not put them in position for a game winning field goal, it was the game winner. Not to mention that he had a huge catch and run on that drive to put them in position for that play to take place.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4910228 said:
Dallas is lucky to have a top QB like Romo, in terms of winning in post season and taking it the distance it is going to take a team.

I never once saw Eli play defense and yet defense played a big part of NY going the distance. QB is important but winning championship still is a team effort not a 1 man show.

You must not have watched the last two games then! Eli played a ton of defense after throwing 4 picks in the last two games.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;4910308 said:
You must not have watched the last two games then! Eli played a ton of defense after throwing 4 picks in the last two games.

:lmao:

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score

I wish we had a facebook-esque "like" button for posts like this. I'd love to see how many people cracked up on this one.:lmao:

bula

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4906337 said:
Romo has 5 game winning come from behind drives this year in the 4th
/overtime. Most in one season in his career.

And what if Bailey had hit the game winner in Baltimore instead of miss.

What if Dez's fingertip hadnt been out of the endzone against the NYG.

Romo sure did his part on those games as well. Should be 7 game winning drives.

DFWJC

Reaction score
bula;4910343 said:
And what if Bailey had hit the game winner in Baltimore instead of miss.

Romo sure did his part on those games as well. Should be 7 game winning drives.
Pretty crazy, but you are talking 10-4 right now with just those 2 plays and just a few inches.

Last game probably should not count as a game -winning drive. Game tying comeback? yes.
But the defense (for once) gave us the game winning OT points really.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
KJJ;4910280 said:
It was a collective effort by the defense in SB XXVll no one player stood out above the others so Aikman who tossed 4 TD's was named the games MVP.

Main point is in the ultimate team game of football it still takes a team to win it all. So when people put it all on the QB it is hard to take it seriously

Ring Leader

Reaction score

Well done JB, well done. :bow:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

:laugh2: Good point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;4910306 said:
Perhaps you missed it, but the first link you posted shows the catch as the #6 greatest play of all time in the Super Bowl.

I also found it interesting in the NFL.com video that all the former players on the set disagreed with the selection of the play being #1 over-all, while the mediots were all clamoring about how awesome it was. Who would you rather believe?

And perhaps you missed this list from the same site that you posted on your first attempt to prove your point.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1056134-5-best-catches-in-super-bowl-history/page/6

Anyone who tries to tell me that the Tyree catch was a better play at a better moment than Holmes' "catch" (I hate the Steelers, and I'm still not convinced it was indeed a catch) loses a ton of credibility in my book. That catch WON the game, not set up the game winning play, not put them in position for a game winning field goal, it was the game winner. Not to mention that he had a huge catch and run on that drive to put them in position for that play to take place.

It's all based on opinion which play was the greatest in SB history but the consensus is the Eli to Tyree play. Naturally it's debatable it comes down to everyones opinion but the majority feel that play was the greatest SB play. Several things had to happen to pull that play off which is why most consider the Immaculate Reception the greatest play in NFL history. Some of the greatest plays ever had an element of luck to them which added to their intrigue. Eli first had to avoid what appeared to be an unavoidable sack. He was surrounded by defenders and TWO defenders had their hands on him during his escape. One of the defenders was on his back with 2 hands on him and was pulling him down. A sack in that situation would have pretty much killed the Giants chances. That was a 3rd and 5 play with only 1.15 left on the clock. It was a last ditch drive.

A sack would have resulted in a big loss and a 4th and LONG with under a minute left. After Eli escaped the sack he had to then gather himself and make a perfect throw to give Tyree the opportunity to make the catch. He didn't just throw up a prayer like some claim he was throwing to Tyree. It was a decisive throw! It took some incredible poise for Eli to escape the sack, see Tyree down the field and make a perfect throw. No matter how you want to look at it that play ultimately won the game for the Giants because it kept them alive and put them in scoring position at the NE 24 yard line.

The play to Holmes was also a great play and won the game for the Steelers but that play wasn't nearly as hard to pull off as the Eli to Tyree play. It was a much shorter pass and Roethlisberger wasn't fighting off defenders to make the play. To pull that play off Holmes had to make a great catch in the corner of the end zone keeping both feet in bounds. However it still wasn't as remarkable as the catch Tyree made from much further out with a defender draped all over him and the ball pinned to his helmet. Start any poll and that play will easily come out ahead as the top SB play ever.

DFWJC

Reaction score
KJJ;4910403 said:
A sack would have resulted in a big loss and a 4th and LONG with under a minute left. After Eli escaped the sack he had to then gather himself and make a perfect throw to give Tyree the opportunity to make the catch. He didn't just throw up a prayer like some claim he was throwing to Tyree. It was a decisive throw! It took some incredible poise for Eli to escape the sack, see Tyree down the field and make a perfect throw. No matter how you want to look at it that play ultimately won the game for the Giants because it kept them alive and put them in scoring position at the NE 24 yard line.

Very Romo-like play by Eli!

I do think he was in the grasp though. But you play until the whistle, and that is history.

Great play, but (and I know your post was not for me) I'd still say it was far luckier than great. Nobody catches a ball on their helmet like that. And, is that guy even in the league anymore? :eek:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DFWJC;4910412 said:
Very Romo-like play by Eli!

I do think he was in the grasp though. But you play until the whistle, and that is history.

Great play, but (and I know your post was not for me) I'd still say it was far luckier than great. Nobody catches a ball on their helmet like that. And, is that guy even in the league anymore? :eek:

Normally it takes a few guys for 1 guy to be called clutch. :D

ufcrules1

Reaction score
bula;4910343 said:

Romo sure did his part on those games as well.

Yeah, Romo sure did do his part with his 4 interceptions (one of them a pick 6). I think he had a 50 QBR in that game. His comeback was too little too late.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4910356 said:
Main point is in the ultimate team game of football it still takes a team to win it all. So when people put it all on the QB it is hard to take it seriously

Naturally football is a team game but football games especially big ones are usually determined by the play of the QB. No single player influences games more than a QB. Everyone has to do their job on a team but it's usually one player amongst those 11 on the field that make the difference and they're named the MVP.

Eliminate that players performance and their team might not have won and in the SB that would probably be the case. Just about every great team in history had a player or 2 that made their team what it was.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
KJJ;4910428 said:
Naturally football is a team game but football games especially big ones are usually determined by the play of the QB. No single player influences games more than a QB. Everyone has to do their job on a team but it's usually one player amongst those 11 on the field that make the difference and they're named the MVP.

Eliminate that players performance and their team might not have won and in the SB that would probably be the case. Just about every great team in history had a player or 2 that made their team what it was.

QB is important but without the guy on the other end actually making the catch then it is call incomplete. Yes QB is important but damn a lot of other things must happen. Until the QB throws it and catches it then runs it in it took more than him.

A circus catch is not because the QB was so fricken great it took a guy on the other end to pull it down. QB gets credit sure but it stil took the other guy to make the big play. Romo has hit WR only to see it dropped, the pass was there but now he is not clutch because someone else failed? :lmao:

As great as Troy was our record when either Emmitt or Mike were missing was not great. QB relies on others more so than any position on the team. He can't block for himself, he can't catch the ball and he can't play defense or special teams.

Montana was great until he faced the 85 Bears who kicked his butt all over the field same with LT and the Giants when they smoked Montana. You are only good when the others around you can help if they can't then that QB is screwed.