Romo Flashbacks. Bring in Dalton, it can't hurt

Slick

Reaction score
Yes, but he's the best we got, just like Romo was the best we had. And all things considered, we could do much worse at QB. Can we fix the defense? Can we have a sense of urgency at the beginning of games? Is the o-line going to hold up? There's WAY bigger issues on this team than Dak.

That's true, but do we do just keep going 8-8 every other year until we get a real GM?. Even the best QB needs a team with a way to help him win.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
If a decision was to be made that he is gone next over salary, no matter what, the money from this year is gone I get that. I see your point. I'm talking strictly from a monetary standpoint.

I'd bring in Dalton, to see him in real games with this receiving core, and maybe one of them won't be here, but if Dak is a dead player, I'd bench him, knowing he's better than Dalton, but he's gone so it makes no difference to play him and pad his stats.

I'd let DiNucci play a free games to see him in live game situations as well. Look at all options for next year, but not wait until then.

I just see the defensive side as beyond recovery this year, even with the injuries.

The offensive line is hurting too, and paying Dak with all that going does nothing for the next few years. Figuring out how to recover the overpaid defensive players is next.

They aren't even improving in areas but going backwards. That's coaching. I dnt care who the QB is, this team needs serious help.

Dak may get his money elsewhere, and with a team that has a better chance in the postseason. I don't think he's worth his asking price, but someone else will I'm sure.

Jerry won't see this team advance in the playoffs even if they somehow won the East. The buck stops with him as Game but it's his money, and his team.

I've been a fan for 48yrs. During the ups and downs, and will always be a fan. They need to wholesale rebuild, and keeping Dak is a waste of money with this team as is.

OK, this is a cogent perspective, Slick.

It's a tough call for the Front Office...do they tear it all down and just rebuild, since obviously this team is not "on the cusp" of greatness? They've already paid Zeke and no one's going to take his contract, so given that, do you just pay Dak as well, have 2 key pieces (maybe 3 with CeeDee), and see if you can fix the defense through the draft (LOL!) or through one or two key FA pickups.

Hmmmm....

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
If a decision was to be made that he is gone next over salary, no matter what, the money from this year is gone I get that. I see your point. I'm talking strictly from a monetary standpoint.

I'd bring in Dalton, to see him in real games with this receiving core, and maybe one of them won't be here, but if Dak is a dead player, I'd bench him, knowing he's better than Dalton, but he's gone so it makes no difference to play him and pad his stats.

I'd let DiNucci play a free games to see him in live game situations as well. Look at all options for next year, but not wait until then.

I just see the defensive side as beyond recovery this year, even with the injuries.

The offensive line is hurting too, and paying Dak with all that going does nothing for the next few years. Figuring out how to recover the overpaid defensive players is next.

They aren't even improving in areas but going backwards. That's coaching. I dnt care who the QB is, this team needs serious help.

Dak may get his money elsewhere, and with a team that has a better chance in the postseason. I don't think he's worth his asking price, but someone else will I'm sure.

Jerry won't see this team advance in the playoffs even if they somehow won the East. The buck stops with him as Game but it's his money, and his team.

I've been a fan for 48yrs. During the ups and downs, and will always be a fan. They need to wholesale rebuild, and keeping Dak is a waste of money with this team as is.

The difference between you, admittedly just fan with no knowledge whatsoever of how to actually run a football franchise, is that the people that make make up the FOs and the rosters of every football team in the league aren’t quitters. They aren’t going to **** their pants four games into a season and say “I give up!” and bench their most important starters for long in the tooth retreads like Dalton. The only thing you’re really accomplishing here is trying to screw Dak out of a pay day by not letting him take the field produce to enhance his contract position.

In fact, that is likely your pathetic purpose for suggesting such a cowardly stupid idea lol.

lmao...

How may white flags you carry around with you lol?

Slick

Reaction score
OK, this is a cogent perspective, Slick.

It's a tough call for the Front Office...do they tear it all down and just rebuild, since obviously this team is not "on the cusp" of greatness? They've already paid Zeke and no one's going to take his contract, so given that, do you just pay Dak as well, have 2 key pieces (maybe 3 with CeeDee), and see if you can fix the defense through the draft (LOL!) or through one or two key FA pickups.

Hmmmm....

They haven't done well with free agency. That's scary.

I just don't think the draft will bring what they need for a number of years either. It's a bad spot, and paying Dak is the last thing we need. I think if they wanted him they would have done it before the offseason.

Either way they're screwed. Also can this coaching staff make any improvements with the games we have left?

Slick

Reaction score
The difference between you, admittedly just fan with no knowledge whatsoever of how to actually run a football franchise, is that the people that make make up the FOs and the rosters of every football team in the league aren’t quitters. They aren’t going to **** their pants four games into a season and say “I give up!” and bench their most important starters for long in the tooth retreads like Dalton. The only thing you’re really accomplishing here is trying to screw Dak out of a pay day by not letting him take the field produce to enhance his contract position.

In fact, that is likely your pathetic purpose for suggesting such a cowardly stupid idea lol.

lmao...

How may white flags you carry around with you lol?

I'm a realist. The trust you have in this FO is what I would call cowardly stupid.

Only an idiot would continue on in a no win scenario.

How many NFL teams have you run Mr Expert? How many GM positions have you had. You don't realize your just a fan too.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
They haven't done well with free agency. That's scary.

I just don't think the draft will bring what they need for a number of years either. It's a bad spot, and paying Dak is the last thing we need. I think if they wanted him they would have done it before the offseason.

Either way they're screwed. Also can this coaching staff make any improvements with the games we have left?

They did offer him a contract. 33 million/year and Dak rejected it because he wanted a shorter term than the FO wanted. The FO wanted to lock him in longer and Dak, since the league is going to 17 games in the future and will have markedly increased salary caps, wants to take advantage of a third contract sooner rather than later and GET PAID due to all the extra revenue that will be generated.

Seriously...

The fact you didn’t know this basic knowledge of what took place during the last round of negotiating between the FO and Dak shows you don’t know your face from your foot.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I'm a realist. The trust you have in this FO is what I would call cowardly stupid.

Only an idiot would continue on in a no win scenario.

If you were a GM with this attitude you’d get called the Yellow-bellied Chicken Little of the NFL lol

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
What are you, all 8yrs old? Name calling, so childish. Can't have a grown-up discussion?

It’s hard admittedly for me. I have absolutely no respect for your uninformed, simplistic, and ignorant opinion lol

Slick

Reaction score
It’s hard. I have absolutely no respect for your opinion lol
Another childish retort. Sonny, one of these days you will hopefully grow up. You're probably one of those fans that is the armchair leader of your sports teams. The know it all, who watches from the comfort of his home but never took the field of play.

You should go get some rest, I'm sure school starts in the morning for you.

Have a good night.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Another childish retort. Sonny, one of these days you will hopefully grow up. You're probably one of those fans that is the armchair leader of your sports teams. The know it all, who watches from the comfort of his home but never took the field of play.

You should go get some rest, I'm sure school starts in the morning for you.

Have a good night.

“Armchair leading” is what YOU’RE doing by suggesting the team should throw in the towel four games into the season lmao. I’m only saying that is an insanely cowardly and dumb idea. I don’t know which it’s more: dumb or cowardly but it sure as hell isn’t worthy of discussion. Some opinions as just too stupid to contemplate and deserve to be mocked and ridiculed intensively. For example, morons who believe the earth is flat deserve only derision, not a discussion. That’s where this idea of yours lands.

I do have my suspicions as to your motivations...

Nighty night night...

Slick

Reaction score
“Armchair leading” is what YOU’RE doing by suggesting the team should throw in the towel four games into the season lmao. I’m only saying that is an insanely cowardly and dumb idea. I don’t know which it’s more: dumb or cowardly but it sure as hell isn’t worthy of discussion. Some opinions as just too stupid to contemplate and deserve to be mocked and ridiculed intensively. For example, morons who believe the earth is flat deserve only derision, not a discussion. That’s where this idea of yours lands.

I do have my suspicions as to your motivations...

Nighty night night...

I guess we'll find out at the end of the season and in a year or two.

They've historically overpaid players who underperform. That's why they're in the pickle they're in today.

I'm suggesting they evaluate the entire team during the season and really look at who should stay or go.

That's the wise choice, and waiting until the off-season, like the previous one accomplished what exactly?.

We'll see where they go. This team under Jerry has never fully rebuilt since Jimmy was here. He did well with it. Are you even old enough to remember even before that?

How'd It work it since then? Overpaying players, and signing free agents got them what?

If the East had any real teams, they would have made the playoffs even less than they have. This team has no depth anywhere, on either side of the ball. A rebuild starts from top to bottom. An overpaid QB will never get that started properly.

Just keep following Jerry year after year. Adding a player here and there to sell tickets and perennial hope at the start of ever season. That's why I sold my psl seats. Same thing different year. That's not stupid?

Call me all the names you want, I don't care.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I guess we'll find out at the end of the season and in a year or two.

They've historically overpaid players who underperform. That's why they're in the pickle they're in today.

I'm suggesting they evaluate the entire team during the season and really look at who should stay or go.

That's the wise choice, and waiting until the off-season, like the previous one accomplished what exactly?.

We'll see where they go. This team under Jerry has never fully rebuilt since Jimmy was here. He did well with it. Are you even old enough to remember even before that?

How'd It work it since then? Overpaying players, and signing free agents got them what?

If the East had any real teams, they would have made the playoffs even less than they have. This team has no depth anywhere, on either side of the ball. A rebuild starts from top to bottom. An overpaid QB will never get that started properly.

Just keep following Jerry year after year. Adding a player here and there to sell tickets and perennial hope at the start of ever season. That's why I sold my psl seats. Same thing different year. That's not stupid?

Call me all the names you want, I don't care.

Dude if you’re frustrated with Jerry’s shenanigans then stop following the team. Blowing the roster up because you’ve completely lost faith in Jerry Jones (A LOT of us have) as some knee jerk, regressive decision born out of a fan’s tantrum is not living in reality or frankly even the levels of fantasy just outside of reality. I mean you’ve ascended, like a meteor, several levels past the line where objective reality begins and fantasy starts. You overshot the Shire by a million light years and are orbiting a planet in a galaxy far, far away. That’s why this suggestion of yours to blow up the roster and start over four games into a new season just isn’t redeemable, remotely serious, or something worthy of starting a thread to discuss.

Jerry’s the owner, GM, and team president. That’s your stumbling block. Not changing till he dies. You might need to get a new team.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don't lose a bit of sleep over anything here at all.

This is a distraction and nothing more. It's not going to effect me one way or another.

You're probably a very frustrated individual in reality.
No, I’m extremely happy and satisfied. If you’re this thin skinned, you might want to stay off message boards. It DOES seem to affect you.

Slick

Reaction score
Dude if you’re frustrated with Jerry’s shenanigans then stop following the team. Blowing the roster up because you’ve completely lost faith in Jerry Jones (A LOT of us have) as some knee jerk, regressive decision born out of a fan’s tantrum is not living in reality or frankly even the levels of fantasy just outside of reality. I mean you’ve ascended, like a meteor, several levels past the line where objective reality begins and fantasy starts. You overshot the Shire by a million light years and are orbiting a planet in a galaxy far, far away. That’s why this suggestion of yours to blow up the roster and start over four games into a new season just isn’t redeemable, remotely serious, or something worthy of starting a thread to discuss.

Jerry’s the owner, GM, and team president. That’s your stumbling block. Not changing till he dies. You might need to get a new team.

I'm not the only one who thinks that. Rinse and repeat has gotten us nowhere. Blow it up like Jimmy did. The logical solution, not an emotional one.

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
Whether it was a confused Cooper, or Dak throwing into coverage......I'd like to see Dalton play. I don't care what numbers Dak has.......W's matter.

Can they also actually play 4 quarters of football instead of only the 4th?

The Cleveland running game looked impressive. Dallas defense concerns isn't only the secondary after that performance.

This team is messier than a soup sandwhich.

Yes of course, this will help our non-existent secondary galvanise into an elite unit!
Oh wait, isn't he a QB? :huh:

Slick

Reaction score
Yes of course, this will help our non-existent secondary galvanise into an elite unit!
Oh wait, isn't he a QB? :huh:

That's correct. A QB who while very good, not worth his asking price, when the team needs to be rebuilt. Best QB in the league still needs a decent team to win. Read the entire thread then comment it'll make the conversation better.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo never even close had this bad of a defense to deal with.
You’re right. Even in 2013 with the historically bad defense, they were 2nd best in the league in take aways to help the offense out. For example; the opening game of the year the defense gave up 478 yards but had 6 take aways, scored 2 touchdowns and set up another FG. The defense was directly responsible for 17 of the 36 points scored but gave up a ton of yards. This defense is on pace for 8 take aways and has only created one short field all season.