Romo Hall of Famer?

OldJarhead

Reaction score
I'm a big TR fan, in fact still a little butt hurt he didn't get a chance to run the team after being cleared to play as I thought he was the better QB then, but I don't think he deserves the HoF. He was a good, very good, QB. He was on a very mediocre football team. There were times that he helped the team to become more than that and yes, there were times he made mistakes. I still believe the team with him at QB would have beaten the Packers that last season and could have easily handled the Falcons and the Patriots.
Oh and yes, Dez did catch the ball!!!

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Yes yes Jesse. The cowboys would have been in the lead against the packers. Even with the defense allowing a TD the first 3 possessions.

The question of that 2016 playoff game is the ultimate what if barroom discussion.

But the defense would have let Romo down just like they did every other year.

That defense would have given up 30+ to the falcons the following week and the patriots in the Super Bowl.

Tall order to ask any QB to score 30+ points in the playoffs over and over again.
Romo never scored 30+ in the playoffs.
Dak had to play a turnover free game just to tie the packers 31 points. Our defense couldn’t stop a nosebleed.

I don’t think Romo wins that game either

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Love Romo, but i dont think he is a HOFer. Maybe its just me, but the HOF should be reserved for the very best players of their generation. Romo was great, but he wasnt ever elite.
I wouldn’t put Philip rivers in it. So Romo in my opinion isn’t either

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Love Romo, but i dont think he is a HOFer. Maybe its just me, but the HOF should be reserved for the very best players of their generation. Romo was great, but he wasnt ever elite.

Don't agree that he wasn't ever elite. In 2014 particularly, he was in the running for regular-season MVP.

However, without Dallas having the playoff success to back his play/numbers, he's not going in the HOF as a player.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jesse Holley will always be indebted to Romo for targeting him on the only significant play he ever made in his NFL career against San Francisco in 2011. That play is the only reason he has a gig talking football. He only had seven career receptions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He probably won't make the HoF but he should. He's an amazing QB but he was surrounded by trash for a good amount of years (no, not everyone). The fact that he didn't win a super bowl, which is a team accomplishment, will be the main thing holding him back.
Surrounded by so much trash that he had 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo had real chances. At least 3 of them in 2007, 2009, and 2014. Just because the team didn’t win doesn’t mean they couldn’t have won.
Nor does not having as good a coach as possible mean he would have won.

For me, I don't put winning, or lack thereof, entirely on the QB. But some do, and HOF voters tend to put a lot of weight on that when it comes to QB's, so right or wrong, without the eye popping career stats, Tony is unlikely to get in.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo definitely was a better qb than Eli, no doubt about it. Eli played with two great defenses, thus two Sb rings.
Not that I disagree with you about Romo being the better player, but the Giants defense was not strong the 2nd time the Giants won with Eli.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo definitely was a better qb than Eli, no doubt about it. Eli played with two great defenses, thus two Sb rings.

He wasn’t better than Eli when it mattered most. Romo was 0-2 against him in do or die games. Eli will be in the Hall of Fame and Romo won’t.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HELL, YES!

If you support the Cowboys, then you support Romo. To hell with the rest of you "fans".

Last edited:

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Two playoff wins doesn’t deserve HOF consideration.

But as others have said he has a chance to get in one day as an announcer.