Romo Hall of Famer?

visionary

Reaction score

@Idgit
I know, i know, Jesse is jealous or just doesnt like Garrett. Yes, this is a Garrett hate thread but Romo could've been a contender if Jerry gave him a real coach.

Totally agree
Romo had the talent but not the coaching or the drive. Romo wanted to win whereas Brady, Aikman, Mahomes, Rodgers etc ‘expect’ to win

that’s the difference

basel90

Reaction score

@Idgit
I know, i know, Jesse is jealous or just doesnt like Garrett. Yes, this is a Garrett hate thread but Romo could've been a contender if Jerry gave him a real coach.

No . Mostly because of bad coaching and GM , but romo was a good player . I think he is better than Flacco who has a ring but won’t get into the HOF . Same as Dilfer .

MarkP88

Reaction score
I love Romo, but really? Is this even a serious question? He was very good, and in a different environment, I think he could have been even better. But as much as it pains me to say it, he's definitely not a Hall of Famer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Haha yea right! Romo doesn't make those clutch throws against the Patriots like Eli. Instead, he throws a duck pick-six to the opposing team before even getting his team close to the dance. Eli > Romo by a mile.
ahh check that!!

those WRs made circus catches where our WRS like say Patrice Crayton cuts offs his routes and drops key first downs,when they do make catches the refs take it away..weve been cursed Romo was one of the best to suit up with the star on his helmet , didnt have 12 HOF players and HOF coaching staffs that Aikman had yet had afar better RS stats then Aikman, ie twice the Tds less ints, and owns just about all the DC passer records..crazy how choker does that..whatever!! team game team owns the winds and losses and 12 and 8 had far better teams then 9..got it!!

also they and the #1 front 7 those years,,forgetful arent we ..its team game look at Mahomes his Wrs dropped two Tds that were circus elite throws..it happens to even him..

got hit go back and heat up your hatorade, its cold out..

Winonesoon

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Coy

Reaction score
He is not a HoF, didn't have success in the playoffs and he's career got shortened by injuries, but I'd say this, he's as good as some of the QB's that will sure make the HoF because they do have rings, they just had better situations, such as Eli and Roethlisberger.
One other thing, I do agree with Jesse that the Cowboys would have had a better chance of winning it all in 2016 with Romo at the helm, not a knock on Dak, he was great for a rookie but Romo was a better and more experienced QB, that matters in the playoffs.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

@Idgit

I think he eventually gets in because of the success he is having in broadcasting.

starfan1

Reaction score
I was so glad to see Romo replaced by Dak and even more excited once Dak had the success he did.I am not sure if Romo has any more success in 2016 because I think the defense would have failed him as well the game may have just played out different. Im not sure we put ourselves as deep in the hole if Romo was QB but I wouldn't bet money on it. i seen Romo make some seriously bad throws at bad times . I do believe Romo at that point was the better QB but the roll Dak was on its hard to make that change back. Believe it or not from 2014 on he literally had won me over but his body was so broke by then he was pretty unreliable.

An No not a chance in hell does he get in the hall as a player.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone knows who Tony Romo is.

everyone.

he will get in some day. As a player and an announcer.
Everyone also knows who Esiason and Simms are. Being well known doesn't automatically get a person in.

Traditionally a QB doesn't get in without significant winning unless his career stats are too overwhelming to ignore. Like Fouts and Moon when they got in.

GMO415

Reaction score
How many rings does Tony have?...Zero. Then he has Zero chance.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Romo and think he gets unfairly dogged for the failings of the Cowboys ownership and coaching, but he's not a Hall of Famer.

You either need overwhelming total stats (not rate stats), rings, or some mix of the two. Romo doesn't have them. He was never 1st Team All-Pro or league MVP either.

If he was playing for one of the quality organizations of the 2000s could he have have been? Maybe. But hypotheticals don't really matter.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

@Idgit

Great QB but Romo does not qualify for the HOF.

Shane612

Reaction score
No.. Absolutely not.

I think he was a great player but he has virtually no post season success.

If they let him in the HOF is a joke and I’m a huge fan.
Yup. Romo goes in, there are lot of players that also need to go in, also.