Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

Zordon

Reaction score
What scenario saves us the most money (cap money, I don't care about Jerry's money)?

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Agree....this is how you lose a player forever...forcing him into situations when he is not ready. 3 weeks ago....everyone was saying he needed to sit for a year.
name one QB out there that gives us more of a chance than Dak does as a rookie?

Aven8

Reaction score
He won't be on any IR etc. Jerry won't allow it! Remember holding out hope last year with a roster spot for the magical playoff run??? What a joke!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
We know the team was expecting this eventuality (although probably not this soon), because one of the stated reasons for drafting Elliott was that his presence would help the backup QB.

I think you meant Elliot was supposed to help Romo (starting QB)

hutch1254

Reaction score
They are on teams. At this point though a 4th for McCown may be on the table. A vet backup will really help Dak

You don't think Tony will be on the sideline chirping in Dak's ear the entire time? Romo might as well take over Wade Wilson's job at this point.

StylisticS

Reaction score
He won't be on any IR etc. Jerry won't allow it! Remember holding out hope last year with a roster spot for the magical playoff run??? What a joke!
Well he will be forced there no matter if Jerry likes it or not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Its pretty funny though; 3rd play of the game. I lol'd when it happened. Hope he's alright, obviously, but you can't make this stuff up. Its a bummer he won't go out with a ring. I blame Garrett for wasting a big portion of his career so he can learn how to coach. Hopefully Written gets a ring before he retires.

links18

Reaction score
Maybe the team can't "walk away" from him financially, but they can do it by way of planning.

And instead of this "4-5 years" nonsense, do everything you can to get all of your eggs out of the Romo basket and better prepare yourself for the day the divorce does come.

Should have traded him to Denver for Lynch and third like some guys on the radio said last week....too late now.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I think you meant Elliot was supposed to help Romo (starting QB)
No, actually.

Stephen Jones: "It’s one reason why we invested in Ezekiel," Jones concedes about the No. 4 overall pick out of Ohio State. "You look at it, and if you can help with your run game, you can do some things offensively that take pressure off the quarterback. That can help. We won without Tony before. (Jon) Kitna and (Kyle) Orton won games. It’s not like it’s something we haven’t done. Can you win them all? No. Can you win a championship without Tony? Probably not.

"But Zeke gives us a much better chance."

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...can-be-the-difference-for-the-cowboys-in-2016

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Ride out the rookie and retire Romo and hit free agency next year and build the defense through both.

Zman5

Reaction score
Forget for a moment that you're either a Romo hater or Romo supporter. JG and his staff could barely win one game without Romo last year. And we played against some bad teams last year (NFCE, TB, NO).

Dak's been great but I have doubts how well the team will do first 6-8 games knowing JG's track record without Romo.

Zordon

Reaction score
Wish I could like this more than once. Damn Jerry Jones for waiting so long to get serious about building this team for Romo.
This team is still not built correctly. It still lacks a quality head coach and a stout defense. If we had that, then maybe we could weather this storm and pull off what the Baltimore Ravens did when they went to the AFC Championship with a rookie QB and RB.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
scrambling in a preseason game?

None of the coaches were normal enough to let him know not to run? Romo himself was not smart enough to play like a robot in a game that means nothing? I am completely in shock that a man who had a season ending surgery can stupid enough to run in a preseason game.