Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
There sure are a lot of people here convinced that a rookie is ready to lead this team based on 3 preseason games against vanilla defenses.

Even if we get a decent vet to run out there this season is already over.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The play where Romo got hurt was a odd play, and he may have been kicked in lower back.
Also people say he is fragile or it was just one hit, need to realize he was slammed down on his
butt onto very hard surface, with the weight of the other player on top, and was then bent over and
twisted.
I noticed that it looks like Avril kicked tony in the lower back as he got to him.
So it wasnt just a simple hit or tackle.
The possible kick, my video is not real good, but I think he was kicked, this is right where
tony reached for on ground.
02_vlcsnap_2016_08_27_14h40m14s_02.jpg

bent over
01_vlcsnap_2016_08_27_14h40m34s_01.jpg

03_vlcsnap_2016_08_27_14h38m30s_03.jpg

How many times have you seen someone slammed down on their butt like this??
I cant think of any, and then I think he was kicked in lower back too.
Could be same area as he hurt in 2014 when he got a knee in the back.

So I dont think he was fragile, just went down in odd way and maybe kicked too.

marchetta

Reaction score
The point was...Why do you think Parcells waited for so long to play Romo? He wasn't ready.... :rolleyes:

No. He was ready. The coaches and players knew he was ready. BP said he waited so long to replace Bledsoe with Romo, because once he made the change there would be no going back. Bledsoe was a known commodity. You never know what you're getting with a new QB, so he was overly cautious.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I hate this for Tony. This sucks. Sometimes I ******* hate football.

Guess Dak gets to be the future sooner rather than later.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
As a rookie qb it's gonna be trial by fire, but what better supporting cast for a rookie to have than this teams offense. Best Oline in NFL, deep and good at running back, Jason Witten, Dez Bryant! I think he'll be ok.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
There sure are a lot of people here convinced that a rookie is ready to lead this team based on 3 preseason games against vanilla defenses.

Even if we get a decent vet to run out there this season is already over.

But you'll watch the games anyway...

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Okay , take a deep breath.

Instinct got him away from an initial rush. He wasn't doing anything wrong, he wasn't trying to extend the play, he was actually avoiding a rush and he was going down, He had given up on the play and never saw the player behind him. In his mind at the time, he was doing everything right.

It was a fluke play and a fluke hit. It happens - it's the worst possible thing for us, but it's football.

You fall down in preseason. That's it

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lol.. He said no X-ray was needed because he felt fine. The look in his face while laying on the ground didn't look fine to me. Who's bright idea was the MRI? My guess is when he woke up he didn't "feel fine".. I had a bad feeling about this.

I take full responsibility for this. I didn't pregame the way I usually do for a game and threw the mojo off..

Here comes all the Dak is better talk. Bledsoe lost his job to Romo against the Giants. History isn't gonna repeat. Romo had a few years of riding the pine and learning. Dak is trial by fire. To much to ask any QB. Preseason looked good. But regular season is a different and faster horse.

This is unreal. We all had this feeling last season watching Romo laying on the ground hurt. Why did we have to see this on the 3rd play of a preseason game . What did he get 16 snaps?

jchap

Reaction score
The delusion in this thread... Dak is a rookie. He may very well be super talented but he is still a rookie. He will be making mistakes. There will be games lost because of mistakes he makes. It's going to be all too predictable when CBZ turns on him.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They are on teams. At this point though a 4th for McCown may be on the table. A vet backup will really help Dak

Don't really see what a vet backup is going to do that Romo can't other than step in an play in the event that Dak went down.