Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

popp1234

Reaction score
So Jerry was just shooting off at the mouth again?

I think he only goes by what the medical staff and trainers tell him. Which is what any reasonable person that is not smart in such areas would do.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Maybe a the Texans will send JJ Watt over for him.

I shouldn't be laughing at post...but I did...Lord I apologize...Blame Silver and strike them down with bird dung... lol

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
name one QB out there that gives us more of a chance than Dak does as a rookie?

The point was...Why do you think Parcells waited for so long to play Romo? He wasn't ready....

We probably roll w/ Dak...but if he gets his butt kicked...then you could ruin the players confidence for good. Not worth the risk IMO. Wouldn't be the first time the Cowboys have done this to a player. :rolleyes:

Aven8

Reaction score
Well he will be forced there no matter if Jerry likes it or not.

But if it's really 4 to 6 weeks he won't be. Because you cant play until after 6 weeks on the designated to retur IR deal. Remember when Dlaw was ready in week 4 but he could return because of that? JJ isn't touching IR

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
1. Dak plays great in preseason. "Start Dak, retire Romo."
2. Dak has his first good regular season game in relief of injured Romo. "Super Bowl bound!"
3. Dak has his first inevitable bad game in which he throws some interceptions. "Dak is a wasted draft pick! We need Romo back ASAP."
4. Romo comes back, plays great, then has one bad game. "Bench Romo for Dak!"

Of course this is for my Facebook Cowboys group. I'm sure no one here at CZ would be this ridiculous.

(Wrote this before I saw Romo is out 6-10 weeks.)

reddyuta

Reaction score
Romo should just retire .he just can't put us through this, I don't want to hold my breathe every time he takes a bit.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Zeke's off field bs and now this. Nothing good ever happens to us. Can we just forfeit all 16 so no one else gets hurt

stiletto

Reaction score
Forget for a moment that you're either a Romo hater or Romo supporter. JG and his staff could barely win one game without Romo last year. And we played against some bad teams last year (NFCE, TB, NO).

Dak's been great but I have doubts how well the team will do first 6-8 games knowing JG's track record without Romo.

This team's defense isn't built to protect a lead or a rookie QB. With that said, I think Dak can win some games. I have seen enough to see he is better than any of the slop we had last year. The running game will be good again and if Dak makes 25% more plays than last years QB's we can still win 9 or 10 games in my opinion because the schedule this year is much softer.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That man is so snake-bitten.
You may go all season and not see a freakishly bad timed hit from behind on a QB.
Terrible, terrible luck.

Eros sounds like a guru now saying don't play Romo vs seattle.
The odds of getting that exact type of hit are extremely slim.

Sooo
Go get em Dak.

Dallas is now for sure on the phones for vet, unfortunately
Showers isn't ready to be 1st in line at backup.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
No, actually.

Stephen Jones: "It’s one reason why we invested in Ezekiel," Jones concedes about the No. 4 overall pick out of Ohio State. "You look at it, and if you can help with your run game, you can do some things offensively that take pressure off the quarterback. That can help. We won without Tony before. (Jon) Kitna and (Kyle) Orton won games. It’s not like it’s something we haven’t done. Can you win them all? No. Can you win a championship without Tony? Probably not.

"But Zeke gives us a much better chance."

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...can-be-the-difference-for-the-cowboys-in-2016

well I see how you got that, but I get that it means less pressure will be on Romo so less chance of him getting injured.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Welp, circa de 1989.......lets do this!

Time for Romo to ride off in the sunset or at best, back-up and help the kid out. Get some psedo-coaching experience in and come back later to be our offensive coordinator :)

Don Corleone

Reaction score
You're right, neither Rodgers or Brady have ever been tackled when carrying the football. This is unbelievable.

Assuming you weren't delusional and a flag would be thrown for either of those guys, such a flag would be an entirely awful call. That tackle should not be flagged under any circumstance, and the moment they do start flagging such a tackle the game is officially dead. Just because Romo's back is unable to absorb any sort of damage at all doesn't mean we should be rooting for flags on plays where there is no good reason to throw a flag.

Delusional? I've watched enough football to know how these games get called. There were some atrocious calls last night made in favor of Kirk freaking Cousins. Yes, the game is already dead...

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Okay , take a deep breath.

Instinct got him away from an initial rush. He wasn't doing anything wrong, he wasn't trying to extend the play, he was actually avoiding a rush and he was going down, He had given up on the play and never saw the player behind him. In his mind at the time, he was doing everything right.

It was a fluke play and a fluke hit. It happens - it's the worst possible thing for us, but it's football.

StylisticS

Reaction score
But if it's really 4 to 6 weeks he won't be. Because you cant play until after 6 weeks on the designated to retur IR deal. Remember when Dlaw was ready in week 4 but he could return because of that? JJ isn't touching IR
Yeah and if he comes back and gets injured again like last year...what then?