Romo has broken bone in back; out 6-10 weeks ** Mega Thread **

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
So I haven't, and won't take 8 hours to read through every post. I looked briefly last night, and was late to hear the news on Romo. I have not seen any reports on ESPN or NFLN, or even the local news yet. I been dealing with some other issues.

So what is the exact injury and the prognosis, from the team. I seem 4-6 and 6 -10 weeks. I did make a comment saying call it 4-10 weeks. So has there been any other news or info lately?

It's 6-10 weeks more likely 10 from every source not named CZ and the Cowboys themselves who have been known for YEARS to downplay the severity of injuries indicating guys are "day to day"

I remember Garrett said Romo was day to day after the herniated disc in 2013

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
And not playing into the whole Tony is fat thing, but let's get honest here.

This is not a man who is the epitome of a finely tuned physical specimen that can defy the odds.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Romo will go down as a loser. A big fat loo-hoo-suh-her.

Of course most of us know better but that's not the point. I'm talking about his perception outside of this fan bubble. Congrats, Jerry. Your ego has wasted the career of a franchise QB.

The Romo era is as good as over. Join me on the Dak Prescott bandwagon. In the backseat. I ride shotgun.

nobody

Reaction score
If Romo comes back, I hope they are very conservative with the timetable. If the doc says 6-10 weeks, I hope they take 8-12 just in case.

erod

Reaction score

Of course most of us know better but that's not the point. I'm talking about his perception outside of this fan bubble. Congrats, Jerry. Your ego has wasted the career of a franchise QB.

The Romo era is as good as over. Join me on the Dak Prescott bandwagon. In the backseat. I ride shotgun.
80+ percent of the population is made up of losers. Romo will pay it no mind.

erod

Reaction score
I spoke with my doctor neighbor.

He said if things are going badly, Romo could probably play with an injection after 4-5 weeks. Bones take six weeks to heal, but this is only a compression fracture, so it could be sooner.

However, he said the inability to put a cast on this makes things more difficult to forecast. Therefore, if Dallas is .500 or close, just give it time.

Lastly, he said this isn't that serious of an injury in general. Very common.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

He said if things are going badly, Romo could probably play with an injection after 4-5 weeks. Bones take six weeks to heal, but this is only a compression fracture, so it could be sooner.

However, he said the inability to put a cast on this makes things more difficult to forecast. Therefore, if Dallas is .500 or close, just give it time.

And he has played with the same injury already

bsbellomy

Reaction score

He should have also told you that there are varying degrees of severity. I've seen people with a compression fracture that cannot walk at all. Since we don't have access to the x rays we don't know. But since he was moving around ok afterwards it's probably not one of your more serious injuries.

PS anyone who is giving a timetable on return is just absolutely guessing at this point.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if romo was playing week 2-3 and you know he's lobbying to start week 1

Especially if it's simply pain tolerance

Alexander

Reaction score
And he has played with the same injury already
Not the same. A broken transverse is different.

Kind of crazy we are sitting here saying, ah, not a big deal. He has played with the same btoken bone in his spine. It is but a flesh wound.

Alexander

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if romo was playing week 2-3 and you know he's lobbying to start week 1

Especially if it's simply pain tolerance
It should not have to come down to tolerance. Can he be Romo while protecting his back. That is the issue.

MikeT22

Reaction score

Romo brought some of it on himself with his gunslinging and mistakes at some of the worst times. But things could've been much different if Jerry wasn't more concerned about his own comfort when it came to HC's. He was so interested in not walking on eggshells again after BP left he saddled us with guys like Wade and Garrett for the last decade instead of hiring quality HC's. Not to mention Romo having to play behind an arena league caliber OL most of his career.

With just two wildcard wins Romo will likely go down in Cowboys history behind Staubach, Aikman, White and Meredith when in reality he should be at least 3rd on that list. But he didn't have the coaching or quality surrounding cast that those other 4 had and at the end of day it'll come down to post season success or lack thereof.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually don't want him to play. Tired of the boozeman routine where it even hurts to pee. Let the kid play. We're not winning anything anyway.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I tried to confirm with my neighbor but she called the cops.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Do you remember this "penalty" against London Fletcher when he blasted Tom Brady right as he was sliding?...Refs were gonna say Fletcher hit him after Brady slid but it was shown that Fletcher started his move on Brady at the same time Brady started sliding....so then the refs had a mid-field conference...and finally came back and said Fletcher hit Brady in the helmet with his forearm.

BRADY2_medium.gif

Yeah, ok lol...
If anyone can't dispute this obvious discrepancy then you are Roger Goodell and I think you're stupid. You shouldn't be on this site either.