Romo is beginning to worry me

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Over the past two games he has become too "gung-ho" for my liking. He is trying to fit balls into places that he has no business throwing too, and is starting to do what he did at the end of last year and just throw it up anywhere when he can't escape pressure. It seems to be that he almost has too much confidence in his arm, because no one outside of Manning could have completed some of the throws he has made lately, especially against Buffalo. That 4th quarter INT at the goaline was simply an impossible throw, for instance.

He needs to get back to remembering that a sack is better than an INT and that he doesnt have to make a spectacular throw every down.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I knew it was only a matter of time ....

The Folk bashing thread will be next.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
If this was a Patriot forum people would be on brady's case for that fumble returned for 6.

superpunk

Reaction score
There are far graver things you should be worried about.

Like ear-AIDs.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That last INT was truly awful, though. He just can't do that. The game wasn't completely over at that point.

Some INTs are understandable, but that one was a complete head-scratcher.

Overall, I still think Tony will be fine. I do wish he had a little more Aikman/Brady in his demeanor, though.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Romo posts a 91.0 rating against a "defensive mastermind" like Bill Belichick who confused Peyton Manning and other quarterbacks for years, and you're worried?

canters

Reaction score
Romo is the least of our worries.

Skip Bayless can't carry his jock .

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1714451 said:
Over the past two games he has become too "gung-ho" for my liking. He is trying to fit balls into places that he has no business throwing too, and is starting to do what he did at the end of last year and just throw it up anywhere when he can't escape pressure. It seems to be that he almost has too much confidence in his arm, because no one outside of Manning could have completed some of the throws he has made lately, especially against Buffalo. That 4th quarter INT at the goaline was simply an impossible throw, for instance.

He needs to get back to remembering that a sack is better than an INT and that he doesnt have to make a spectacular throw every down.

Maybe Stephen McGee will come out early...

utrunner07

Reaction score
Romo will be fine...he's played what, 16 games? He is not going to be extremely consistent yet...sure Monday was terrible but he bounced back decent against a good and very confusing Patriots Defense. I think the only thing you can fault him for on Sunday was playing with a lack of confidence to begin with...which is understandable and something he will get over quickly with more experience.

While its hard to compare the two its worth mentioning: remember Aikman's first season? yes unfortunately, well Romo just finished his first season. Aikman had less talent around him but I don't think he would have done much better than Tony has done here. JMO.

I think Romo needs to work on his accuracy and when he gets this down a little better he should be even more unstopable...

I think its also important to realize that Romo isnt getting much help with his Receivers dropping balls everywhere and the stale offensive play calling the past two games...

Every game he is going to be getting better and he is allready pretty good...don't worry about Romo...

utrunner07

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1714474 said:
I do wish he had a little more Aikman/Brady in his demeanor, though.

yeah I am with you here. I think he will grow into it...its still got to be so new for him...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I love Tony but he's gotten by with a few throws like that earlier in the year. He didn't just start making ill advised throws in the Bills game. Go look at the tape of the Dolphins game with the throw in the endzone and the Bears game with the throw back across the middle to T.O. that was almost picked.

I've come to understand it's just part of his makeup as a QB and we just need him to limit those type throws and be thankful for all of his other wonderful qualities. I believe he is a Super Bowl winning caliber QB.

sago1

Reaction score
I can' believe how well Romo played against Belicheat's defensive machinations and Romo only completing his first year as an NFL starter.

I bet if you could put all the records together of NFL QBs who played against the Belicheat's Patriots you'd probably find Romo had one of the best records going.

I do agree re his play against the Bills but I understand they throw a cover 2 which morphed into a cover 3 after the snap which he couldn't recognize. Each time he thought he had a cover 2, a safety quickly moved in to make it a cover 3. FYI: Romo was sure a fast learner cause he didn't repeat his Bills' performance against NE, did he?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I blame the return of that substance poppin' wade Wilson.
I hope Romo does not hang around that type of bad influence.

Martice

Reaction score
I too find myself cringing a little more than usual when he throws now. I must admit the Buffalo game, as well as the end of last year isn't totally out of my system.

I dont mind the incredible passes and the pulling victory out of the jaws of defeat mentality but not if the game situations suggest we don't take those risks at that time.

I couldn't believe the last INT against the Pats. I was hopeful that we could at least drive the length of the field and make a statement. That was the most absolute worst time to give up the ball as well as the worst pass attempt he could've made.

Bad Tony.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score

Oh no-not this again...

He had a good game against NE-he was FINALLY taking what the D was giving him.

That INT at the end meant nothing-we were out of it by then, and any QB would have forced anything.