Romo is beginning to worry me

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1715653 said:
Call me a homer if you want but I'm telling you, we can beat those guys. It just was unfortunate the way the game worked out. Our D was on the field way too long. Now, some of that is our own fault because of penalties etc but I honestly believe that if our coaching staff takes a look at that game and delivers it to the players in this way, they will see that it was a winnable contest. NE is good, no doubt, but we can beat them.

:hammer:

Martice

Reaction score
I dont think the original poster was saying that we should cut Romo. He wasn't even suggesting that Romo is not a good QB. However, all he was saying was he thought that Romo at times seems careless with the ball. Anyone who has seen the last few games of last year and the way he missed WR's against Buffalo could justifiably show reason for concern.

What I took from the post was that he would like to see Romo take care of the ball better (regardless of the time left in the game) and that he is concerned about a trend starting. I don't see why everyone else is getting so uptight and reacting as if anyone called for Romo's head.

Romo is still young in playing time. He is going to make mistakes but at that point in the game, your defense is sucking wind and you have a chance to keep them off the field and at least score some points. The last thing any QB (rookie or Vet) wants to do is give the ball right back and especially with the quality of pass that he threw.

Romo is our QB but he is not above criticism. Even if he played bad on only a few plays it can and should be discussed freely and constructively.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1714451 said:
Over the past two games he has become too "gung-ho" for my liking. He is trying to fit balls into places that he has no business throwing too, and is starting to do what he did at the end of last year and just throw it up anywhere when he can't escape pressure. It seems to be that he almost has too much confidence in his arm, because no one outside of Manning could have completed some of the throws he has made lately, especially against Buffalo. That 4th quarter INT at the goaline was simply an impossible throw, for instance.

He needs to get back to remembering that a sack is better than an INT and that he doesnt have to make a spectacular throw every down.

Well then-why didn't we draft Brady Quinn? Why didn't we sign Bledsoe to an extension? Why...???

Oh never mind.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;1716004 said:
I'm with you, ABQ. I didn't come away from this game with the doom & gloom that some have. I felt the defense was on the field way too long for the first time this season and it showed. I have no issues w/ Romo. He looked as if he was content on taking what the defense gave him and didn't seem to take too many chances. If anything, it seemed to me that they've been less inclined to move T.O. around like in the first few games and letting defenses load up against him; eliminating his effectiveness. I liked how they lined him up in the backfield earlier in the year, hiding him from double coverage and creating mismatches, thus allowing him & Tony to make plays.
I'm with you. There's no shame in admitting that the Patriots are a good team. Again, better a loss to the Pats than Bills! :p

But there's also hope that we can pull things together (correct my stats if I'm wrong :) )

On defense: 3rd down: Pats throttled the Cowboys on 3rd down going 11/17. Their average converted 3rd down was 6.1yds. That is unexceptable no matter who you're playing. Two of the 3rd downs were converted for TDs. There were also 2 3rd downs where Dallas picked up penalties and gave away a 1st down (both 3rd and 3 situations)

Overall: PENALTIES. This was the Cowboys' 3rd 10+ penalty game. Despite the final scores, penalties kept the games against Chicago and Miami closer than they should have been. They definitely took Dallas OUT of the game against New England.

BUT...things that can be fixed. It's not for lack of talent...just effort and focus. This is where Wade Phillips will earn his money

Mansta54

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1716273 said:
ROMO had a bad game, but nothing to be concerned over.

I sure hope you're talking about the Bills game. He played very well against the Pats, WHEN WE HAD THE DAMN BALL...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Mansta54;1716408 said:
I sure hope you're talking about the Bills game. He played very well against the Pats, WHEN WE HAD THE DAMN BALL...

Except for that int of course. I don't know what happened after that, because right after he threw it, I threw myself out the window.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
TheCount;1716435 said:
Except for that int of course. I don't know what happened after that, because right after he threw it, I threw myself out the window.

That pick was irrevelant. The game was out of hands be then and he was just trying to make something happen. Happens to the best of them in that kind of situation.