Romo is beginning to worry me

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1714474 said:
That last INT was truly awful, though. He just can't do that. The game wasn't completely over at that point.

Some INTs are understandable, but that one was a complete head-scratcher.

Overall, I still think Tony will be fine. I do wish he had a little more Aikman/Brady in his demeanor, though.

The Aikman/Brady demeanor wasn't developed by their 16th game. The demeanor you are citing came after they learned not to throw the ball into space.

Time will teach Romo a lot of demeanor.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
zrinkill;1714460 said:
I knew it was only a matter of time ....

The Folk bashing thread will be next.

"he made 24 in a row, but how the hell did he miss that one!!!!!"

"he sux!!!!! we should have drafted Mason Crosby, even though Crosby has missed 12 fg's and Folk only 1!!!!!!

David

jrumann59

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1714474 said:
That last INT was truly awful, though. He just can't do that. The game wasn't completely over at that point.

Some INTs are understandable, but that one was a complete head-scratcher.

Overall, I still think Tony will be fine. I do wish he had a little more Aikman/Brady in his demeanor, though.

Yeah it was, the defense was gassed IIRC it was 3rd down and like 8 or 9. The game was over.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1714641 said:
Looks like someone got out their Pocket fisherman...

med_pocket.jpg

...and caught them a whole bucket of fish.

200029474_8010c18d5b.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: that is one of the funniest things i've ever read!!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If we're suggesting Romo lost us the game, think again folks. Romo was fine - but when Romo has to constantly over-come 2nd and 20, 3rd and 18, 1st and 20, you're asking too much from any QB.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Clove;1714923 said:
If we're suggesting Romo lost us the game, think again folks. Romo was fine - but when Romo has to constantly over-come 2nd and 20, 3rd and 18, 1st and 20, you're asking too much from any QB.

hello senor clove..

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
lane;1714926 said:
hello senor clove..
Senior Lane - wasssup? oops, did I spell that wrong? Not too good with my spanish you know. (or english for that matter)

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Clove;1714975 said:
Senior Lane - wasssup? oops, did I spell that wrong? Not too good with my spanish you know. (or english for that matter)

having a few cold ones..

just watched the bears/ vikings replay and the hester/ peterson show..

both these athletes are sick!

looking forward to a great game sunday.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Rack;1714805 said:
Dude, I don't know where this aggression from you has come from... but I like it.

:D

Sic em, Theo!

I never really thought of his handle as Theo GT. I always thought of it as The OGT. I never knew what OGT stood for, but I would make up things like:

Ornery Goat Tamer

cowboyed

Reaction score
Vintage;1714536 said:
God forbid someone points out a flaw with Romo.

Yeah, Romo is the least of our worries. But that INT was TERRIBLE and the game was far from over at that point. Hes done this a couple of times; trying to make some throws he shouldn't.

Yes, Romo is still playing damn good.

But he'd be even better if he toned it down a bit from time to time.

Romo is a little cavalier with his throws at times but his one and only interception against the Patriots was toward the end of the game. That game was signed, sealed and delivered to the Patriots long before Romo threw that errant short pass.

dooomsday

Reaction score
Dont worry, everything will be rosey & perfect as usual. Think good thoughts, puppy dogs and patty cakes.

sago1

Reaction score
I just know this was going to happen. I posted several days ago that we were all expecting too much from Romo who was starting only his 16th game against a head coach whose shown the ability to make great QBs like Peyton Manning look pitiful. Now all of a sudden Romo throws too many balls into tight spaces, etc. I guess the problem is that he isn't perfect yet. Maybe we should use our Cleveland pick to draft a new QB and let Romo walk. Obviously there's something wrong with him cause nobody drafted him.

Obviously I'm being sarcastic. Romo isn't the problem.

It's the failure of our OL to open running lanes, it's stupid dumb penalties which put even more pressure on Romo & our defensive secondary is one big sieve full of mental mistakes.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
dooomsday;1715336 said:
Dont worry, everything will be rosey & perfect as usual. Think good thoughts, puppy dogs and patty cakes.

Hey, explain to me what you think of Romo. I've noticed since you've shown up here you've kind of had something against him. I'm curious what exactly it is that you think of him so that I can better understand where you're coming from.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1714451 said:
Over the past two games he has become too "gung-ho" for my liking. He is trying to fit balls into places that he has no business throwing too, and is starting to do what he did at the end of last year and just throw it up anywhere when he can't escape pressure. It seems to be that he almost has too much confidence in his arm, because no one outside of Manning could have completed some of the throws he has made lately, especially against Buffalo. That 4th quarter INT at the goaline was simply an impossible throw, for instance.

He needs to get back to remembering that a sack is better than an INT and that he doesnt have to make a spectacular throw every down.

jchocolate82;1714454 said:

cobra;1714458 said:
And so it begins......

zrinkill;1714460 said:
I knew it was only a matter of time ....

The Folk bashing thread will be next.

LETS CUT THE BUM!!! :mad:

:lmao2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1714637 said:
best sig...ever

ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EV...ERRRRRRRR

btw, HH, did you watch the Pat game? Romo only went gung-ho once, when he was INT'd

I wouldnt even call it "gung ho".... he threw it late or just didnt throw in front receiver to run into and catch it.....

I didnt see Gung ho at all during this game. If anything he was a little apprehensive in the beginning(prob from boofalo game)..... and then on THAT ^ pass

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1714451 said:
Over the past two games he has become too "gung-ho" for my liking. He is trying to fit balls into places that he has no business throwing too, and is starting to do what he did at the end of last year and just throw it up anywhere when he can't escape pressure. It seems to be that he almost has too much confidence in his arm, because no one outside of Manning could have completed some of the throws he has made lately, especially against Buffalo. That 4th quarter INT at the goaline was simply an impossible throw, for instance.

He needs to get back to remembering that a sack is better than an INT and that he doesnt have to make a spectacular throw every down.

Before you worry too much please keep in mind that Tom Landry (you might be too young to remember :D ) used to say the same thing about Roger the Dodger in the early years. He turned out okay.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, you knew it had to come sometime. I'm just surprised it was as long a stretch as it was.

IMO, Romo played very well against NE. We gave up 14 points before we were ever really in the game. If you break down the first quarter, it's really interesting how it effected the rest of the game IMO. In that first quarter, our defense was on the field for 8:49. We started the game with the ball. That drive took up exactly 1:43. After that, our defense was on the field for 5:29 (14 plays) with a rest of 1:25 (3 and out from our offense). NE followed that up with a short 1:49 3 and out before punting the ball away. We then had the ball for exactly :49 (short 3 and out) before NE took the ball for 2:09 (6 play drive). Our offense kept the ball for 4:43 (10 plays) before kicking a FG and then the Quarter end. This was the only break we gave our defense in the first Quarter. Our defense was on the field a long time.

The 2nd Quarter starts and NE has the ball for 2:06 (4 plays) before they fumble. Our defense scores off the fumble and NE goes right back on offense. They put together a long 6:51 drive (12 plays) for a TD. I believe that this is a direct result of the fact that the D has been on the field for so long. At this point in the game, our defense has logged 17:06 (39 plays). Keep in mind that a defense probably has about 50 good solid plays in them, per game. At this point, our offense takes over and does a very efficiant job of scoring taking only 2:48 (8 plays) to get a TD. Then, of D is back on the field for the remaining .46 seconds in the Quarter. Basically, in the second quarter, our D was on the field for all but about 3 minutes of the Quarter. They have played 40 snaps in the first half.

The second half starts, NE with the ball. There offense uses 1:04 (3 and out) and our D comes off the field (43 snaps now). Our O does a good job here keeping the ball for 3.36 (7 plays) before scoring a TD. At this point, NE goes on offense and they keep the ball 5:24 seconds (12 snaps). It's interesting because this is exactly where NE starts putting it together on offense. They start being dominating in this drive. By the time this drive is over, They will not punt the ball again and they will score on every possesion. NE's offense will keep the ball for a total of 19:03 of the second half and we will have no drive last longer then 2:40. From that point on, we will only run 14 plays on 5 drives. In the final Quarter, our defense will be on the field for all but 2:51 seconds and we will only manage a FG from our own offense.

Now, after reading this, you may come to the conclusion that Romo didn't get the job done. I don't really believe that. I just think that the way the game started off, the fact that we were in awe (if you will) of NE in the first quarter and the fact that our O was exceptionally efficiant against there defense, together with the fact that our own defense came alive and scored a TD kind of came together to wear down our D. They just didn't have any more gas about midway through the 3rd quarter.

Call me a homer if you want but I'm telling you, we can beat those guys. It just was unfortunate the way the game worked out. Our D was on the field way too long. Now, some of that is our own fault because of penalties etc but I honestly believe that if our coaching staff takes a look at that game and delivers it to the players in this way, they will see that it was a winnable contest. NE is good, no doubt, but we can beat them.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
I'm with you, ABQ. I didn't come away from this game with the doom & gloom that some have. I felt the defense was on the field way too long for the first time this season and it showed. I have no issues w/ Romo. He looked as if he was content on taking what the defense gave him and didn't seem to take too many chances. If anything, it seemed to me that they've been less inclined to move T.O. around like in the first few games and letting defenses load up against him; eliminating his effectiveness. I liked how they lined him up in the backfield earlier in the year, hiding him from double coverage and creating mismatches, thus allowing him & Tony to make plays.