Romo Leading Passer in NFC

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
ajk23az;2447811 said:
But when you get to say FIRST in a sentence, it is so much better.
That, and the AFC guy won't affect the NFC Pro Bowl voting.:)

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Yeah yeah...but you know how it goes.

Tony is only good because of TO...TO is only good because of Witten...Witten is only good because of Barber...Barber is only good because of the OL....and so on.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
percyhoward;2447829 said:
That, and the AFC guy won't affect the NFC Pro Bowl voting.:)
Yeah but the Skins fans will, and as of right now Campbell has Romo's spot.

isn't that laughable.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2447843 said:

isn't that laughable.

Just because he's leading the fan voting doesnt mean he will get it. Fan voting = 1/3 of the votes.

And also, if Campbell continues to play like he has the last 3 weeks, Romo will be a shoe in after 2 weeks. But who cares about the pro bowl anyways.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score

isn't that laughable.
more like shameful :mad:

(go vote everybody, polls close after our next game)

sago1

Reaction score
Romo will have to be very good in December for us to make the playoffs -- assuming that the rest of the offensive (along with the defense) does their share. A few more 3 TD 300+ games will do wonders for the Cowboys and Romo.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
It looks like Warner will not be catching Romo this week. Unless Brees has an incredible game Sunday, Romo will remain in at least second place, and most likely first, going into week 14.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
It is funny how Romo gets eatin up for all the INTs, but look at him compared to the league leaders.

Deefens

Reaction score
Yeah, his TD/Int is really good. Too bad TO dropped that slant at the end... he might have taken it to the house and padded those stats even more.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
dmq;2448148 said:
It is funny how Romo gets eatin up for all the INTs, but look at him compared to the league leaders.
Not to mention the TD's.

Romo has the best TD/INT ratio of the top 10 passers.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dmq;2448148 said:

I think the issue is that Romo had a streak of consecutive games with at least one interception that was broken against SF. The perception is that he is some kind of turnover machine. The truth is his INTs have yet to really hurt the Cowboys, although any turnover is a negative.

I hate the way Joe Buck said that Romo lost the playoff game against the Giants by throwing an interception in the 4th quarter. That happened to be the last Dallas play on offense, but anyone who saw that game knows that that was a desperation throw to an injured Terry Glenn with almost no time left on the clock. Dallas lost that game for a lot of reasons, but you can't say that Romo was one of them.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
ajk23az;2447851 said:
Just because he's leading the fan voting doesnt mean he will get it. Fan voting = 1/3 of the votes.

And also, if Campbell continues to play like he has the last 3 weeks, Romo will be a shoe in after 2 weeks. But who cares about the pro bowl anyways.
think about it though, thats 1/3 of the vote.

So now the only way he gets there is through coaches and players.

And I hate hearing who cares about the Pro Bowl. Yeah of course the fans dont care about the Pro Bowl. Were not the ones getting a free trip to Hawaii and a significant pay raise (for some players), or even the 200,000 you get for winning the game. Yeah who cares, but Im sure Romo does and Id bet he'd like to go. So why not vote?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score

isn't that laughable.

Campbell is fourth in the fan voting. The top three are Brees, Manning and Warner.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
there is no way romo doesn't go. he has comparable or better stats and has played in 2/3 less games. he may even have the most td's by the end of the year.

The Panch

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2448420 said:
I hate the way Joe Buck said that Romo lost the playoff game against the Giants by throwing an interception in the 4th quarter. That happened to be the last Dallas play on offense, but anyone who saw that game knows that that was a desperation throw to an injured Terry Glenn with almost no time left on the clock. Dallas lost that game for a lot of reasons, but you can't say that Romo was one of them.
It doesnt matter. It just sounds more dramatic saying he threw the game ending INT, so they go with it.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2448446 said:
Campbell is fourth in the fan voting. The top three are Brees, Manning and Warner.
well im glad campbell didnt get in by the fan vote as of now, but if hes 4th then hes still above Romo. And thats pathetic.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2447690 said:
Beating up on weak teams so far.

If Dallas gets past Pitt and NYG with W's, I'll be on board with Romo for MVP.

Bingo. This team has played poorly in December for as long as I can remember, and we have four tough teams staring us down on the schedule.

Get through that schedule sporting a 100 QB rating and with a near-league-leading touchdown total and a 3-1 or 4-0 mark, and he deserves MVP discussion.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2448446 said:

Is Romo fifth?

Still some time to make up the gap. I can understand losing out to Brees, Manning and Warner given that Romo missed three games, but obviously Romo would be ahead of Campbell, I'd imagine, in player/coach votes.