Romo on playing the QB position

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
AGain, I would respectfully disagree. Not at all saying our defense played well that day, they had their struggles. But it isn't the first time Aaron Rodgers carved up a defense. That said I agree the defense bore a good deal of responsibility

Whenever you mention Romo's league leading # of 4th quarter comebacks during his period as starter, the inevitable return criticism of Romo opponents is "if he hadn't played so terribly early, he wouldn't have had to lead the comeback". We've all heard it.

if we're going to be consistent, same applies here. For most of the first half Dak was awful and that continued into our 1st possession of the 3rd quarter with that pick. And you know what, those things happen. QB's are human. He had a bad stretch, then got it going but it was just too late to overcome.

I think one could make a real strong argument that we don't fall behind 21-3 in that game if Romo was the starter. AGain--the best we can do is guess, because the reality is what it is and the reality is, the Cowboys--as a team--lost that game that day. GB earned it.
I'm not taking anything away from Romo. In fact, I wasn't really bashing Romo and defending Prescott with the idea/excuses. All I'm saying is our defense wasn't very good. And it wasn't just the GB playoff game, it was all season. The offense (I'm and NOT saying it was all Dak - at all!) was the money maker in 2016. The O line was fantastic, Elliott was outstanding, the WR's/TE's were pretty good and Prescott was good enough.
I agree AR is fantastic, but Prescott still had a very good game for a rookie in his first post season game. That's all.
Here's another thing, I actually don't think Prescott was THAT great in 2016 and THAT horrible in 2017. Statistically, they're pretty much the same. Same TDs passing and rushing, more attempts, INTs and lower comp % in 2017 - obviously but the yards were 20 a game lower in 2017. The difference was the guys around him. Same with this season.

My point in all of this is what's so bad about having a well balanced offense to allow your QB to do what he's good at? Fans need to understand Prescott isn't Romo or Aikman etc....
We may never find a QB like Roger or Troy, so take what we have and make the components stronger. If something comes along, sweet!

I was a huge Romo fan, but it's getting old. He retired. And the same excuses he is given should be afforded to Prescott.

The 2016 GB game wasn't as bad as you make it out to be in my opinion. He got them in position to score and there were some drops. His stats reflect a solid game.
3 TDs, over 300 yards and a 103 rating is plenty good enough. Hell, ONE defensive stop and we don't lose by 3.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Romo is no longer a Cowboy or an NFL player. This thread belongs in another forum.
I can't believe what I'm reading, considering the source.... LOLLL

85% of your posts (and Aviano's et al) are about Romo, most of which it seems are in threads that have nothing to do with Romo. At least not initially, until you come in and open your mouths and take the usual dump due to the fact that he very obviously fingered your girlfriends under the bleachers at one point or another

I'm going to go punch my coworker in the face and then tell him "hey no punching allowed"... I think that's how it works right?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
f we're going to be consistent, same applies here. For most of the first half Dak was awful and that continued into our 1st possession of the 3rd quarter with that pick. And you know what, those things happen. QB's are human. He had a bad stretch, then got it going but it was just too late to overcome.
Dak was not awful in the first half. What exactly did he do that was "awful" in the first half? I'm not looking for stats, I'm looking for actual plays that made him awful.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't believe what I'm reading, considering the source.... LOLLL

85% of your posts (and Aviano's et al) are about Romo, most of which it seems are in threads that have nothing to do with Romo. At least not initially, until you come in and open your mouths and take the usual dump due to the fact that he very obviously fingered your girlfriends under the bleachers at one point or another

I'm going to go punch my coworker in the face and then tell him "hey no punching allowed"... I think that's how it works right?
Hey, your boyfriend is calling you. Says you are his, not Romo's.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Hey, your boyfriend is calling you. Says you are his, not Romo's.
lol, and one can't easily just replace "Romo" with "Dak" in that sentence and send the same silly message to you? come on.

smfh

sad that people want to pick sides and can't just be fans, such a playground mentality

Dallasfann

Reaction score
What he is saying is Darnold has the special ability to be on his third read in a matter of 1 second. He also says some QB's look at one receiver and say " okay he's not open" then goes to his second option, and by the time he does all that the real elite QB's have already thrown the ball to his 3rd option. Basically Darnold is the special type of QB he's talking about and our QB is the other guy.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
But he said it again in his A Football Life episode, after he quit playing.

And what does that mean? That he has the proper perspective on life? If you watched Romo play during his career and come back in games after being injured there is no way to say he didn't want to win as bad as the next guy, he is being blamed for having his life in proper perspective, it's actually very laughable that people think otherwise

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You're clearly hypersensitive toward Romo. Maybe a small few are actually "bashing" him, so ignore them. Then you'll see that far more are just pointing out that Romo retired years ago.

Not even close i was just stating that this thread was going in one direction until other came in to highjack the thread which they did

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yup he is and i do root for him and the team during the games but i am still able to see that he is not the franchise QB you and others believe him to be
If he played one season and was horrible and got released, then he's not a franchise QB.
He's still here.