Romo on playing the QB position

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
If he played one season and was horrible and got released, then he's not a franchise QB.
He's still here.

Yes because of his rookie season, so he earned the right, then he regressed some last season and if he turned it around again this season this would not be talked about but he seems to have regressed even more this season from last season. He's moving in the wrong direction and it is his 3rd season, other top QB's from his draft year that nobody around here liked have progressed from season to season, Dak is going in the opposite direction and he doesn't have alot of time left to turn it around. If he doesn't improve soon do you think the team is going to keep him and give him a 100M+ deal next year or not draft another QB? think about that. I would say and so would alot of others that 3 seasons and 48 games started is an ample amount of games to make an informed decision about Dak Prescott as a QB

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And what does that mean? That he has the proper perspective on life? If you watched Romo play during his career and come back in games after being injured there is no way to say he didn't want to win as bad as the next guy, he is being blamed for having his life in proper perspective, it's actually very laughable that people think otherwise
It's just speaks to his approach. I'm only going by what the guy says. He focused on improving throwing the ball (his "guilty obsession") and getting better. It wasn't about winning, it was about improving. Yes, improving can help win but most winners work to improve because of their strong desire to actually win. Romo has consistently downplayed winning. It is what it is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a Garrett decision in my opinion. I will believe in my heart until the day I die that Jerry wanted Romo back in the minute he was healthy. This is one of the few times where Jerry did not get his way and ironically it’s one of the few times where he was right
There are differing opinions on this topic. Prescott was having a historic first half-season for a rookie quarterback before Romo was deemed healthy to return to the starting lineup.

Unlike some of their critics, I do not believe either men lack intelligence although I do think both do not occasionally use their intelligence properly. Until proven otherwise, I believe both men were fully aware no rookie quarterback in NFL history had ever won or competed for a league championship. Despite this fact, I am convinced both men decided to roll the dice and not reinstate Romo as the starter.

Their decision was shared and supported by a significant number of people besides themselves, including a notable portion of Romo critics. The euphoria that motivated the decision was overwhelmingly powerful but I have little no doubt the ecstasy leading to that monumental commitment was felt by Garrett alone--not by a LONG shot.

I still remember Jones' face following the win over the Packers a few weeks before the decision. The man looked... absolutely and literally giddy. No. Jones was equally responsible for the decision, perhaps even slightly more than Garrett himself.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes because of his rookie season, so he earned the right, then he regressed some last season and if he turned it around again this season this would not be talked about but he seems to have regressed even more this season from last season. He's moving in the wrong direction and it is his 3rd season, other top QB's from his draft year that nobody around here liked have progressed from season to season, Dak is going in the opposite direction and he doesn't have alot of time left to turn it around. If he doesn't improve soon do you think the team is going to keep him and give him a 100M+ deal next year or not draft another QB? think about that. I would say and so would alot of others that 3 seasons and 48 games started is an ample amount of games to make an informed decision about Dak Prescott as a QB
The entire offense regressed. That's what you and a few others won't admit. Prescott is as guilty but I'm still waiting for a legit case against Prescott.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Shorter than yer' wedding tackle?
:lmao2:o_O:lmao2:

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:
And shorter than
,,,er,,,like yer' wedding tackle, perhaps?

bro, you do overtly express an unnatural degree of Disdain ( fur up&claws out,almost in feminine fashion) what's up with that?,,,no really,we all know you lay the blame directly at the #9's cleats for keeping your football team in perpetual post season ZEROVILLE status,,,but,,, there's obviously more to this,,,, DID you lose an Azz pocket full of money on a football bet,back when you loved that guy?,,,it's either that,or he'd stolen the woman of yer' dreamso_O
It's no secret I don't like Romo's style of QB play and I've made that known from the 4th year he started in this league. But as a person, he seems like a cool guy and is a brilliant analyst and I think he could be a phenomenal coach in this league.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...Every time I read your posts, I realize just how bitter, angry, and depressed about life you are. Here's a thread where Romo said absolutely nothing about Dak. Didn't even hint at him. And yet, you had to come in and offer some video of picks he threw, rather than have an intelligent conversation about the merits of his comments...
:clap:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
It's just speaks to his approach. I'm only going by what the guy says. He focused on improving throwing the ball (his "guilty obsession") and getting better. It wasn't about winning, it was about improving. Yes, improving can help win but most winners work to improve because of their strong desire to actually win. Romo has consistently downplayed winning. It is what it is.

Here is the thing and i will use a what if as an example. lets say Tom Brady's father or Mother or brother or sister or son or daughter or wife has some type of incurable disease does anybody think that Brady would think football is more important? Of course not, the issue with what Romo said isn't that he believes their are more important things than football but that he said it in a public forum. Do you think Jim Kelly thinks football is more important than his son Hunter Kelly (who died at 8 years of age with Krabbe Disease) Do you think if someone asked Kelly if he could have his son for 1 more month or take 4 SB wins instead of losses that he would choose the SB wins? Guaranteed their are a whole bunch of Jim Kelly quotes out there about how football is "just a game" and their are more important things. Romo has always had his life in proper perspective unfortunately fans don't want to hear that

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The entire offense regressed. That's what you and a few others won't admit. Prescott is as guilty but I'm still waiting for a legit case against Prescott.
Yes the offense regressed what i never hear is the guy who touches the ball on every offensive snap, get any of the blame. Your a smart guy does that make sesne to you?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
And shorter than
It's no secret I don't like Romo's style of QB play and I've made that known from the 4th year he started in this league. But as a person, he seems like a cool guy and is a brilliant analyst and I think he could be a phenomenal coach in this league.
:thumbup: good post,Brother:thumbup:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes the offense regressed what i never hear is the guy who touches the ball on every offensive snap, get any of the blame. Your a smart guy does that make sesne to you?
You're full of ****. I'm done talking to a fan who is so blurred with biased it's pathetic. Seriously.
I just got done saying Prescott was as guilty as the rest of the offense in regard to the regression and you are so blinded that you respond with the above bolded?
Holy ****, you have derailed.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Here is the thing and i will use a what if as an example. lets say Tom Brady's father or Mother or brother or sister or son or daughter or wife has some type of incurable disease does anybody think that Brady would think football is more important? Of course not, the issue with what Romo said isn't that he believes their are more important things than football but that he said it in a public forum. Do you think Jim Kelly thinks football is more important than his son Hunter Kelly (who died at 8 years of age with Krabbe Disease) Do you think if someone asked Kelly if he could have his son for 1 more month or take 4 SB wins instead of losses that he would choose the SB wins? Guaranteed their are a whole bunch of Jim Kelly quotes out there about how football is "just a game" and their are more important things. Romo has always had his life in proper perspective unfortunately fans don't want to hear that
It's not that I don't want to hear it. Hell, he's 100% correct. The dude even stated a preseason game was the biggest game of his entire career. And he's correct because that day he won. Right there is when Tony Romo won. He went on to make a lot of money and will be able to provide for his family. Dude is set.

I just don't want him leading my team as QB. I want Troy Aikman who can't stand to lose. The Troy that had to retire to get away from the circus Dallas had become. That's who I want.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're full of ****. I'm done talking to a fan who is so blurred with biased it's pathetic. Seriously.
I just got done saying Prescott was as guilty as the rest of the offense in regard to the regression and you are so blinded that you respond with the above bolded?
Trust me, he was just as biased and frustrating to deal with in the now defunct Official Cowboys Fan Forum.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
It's not that I don't want to hear it. Hell, he's 100% correct. The dude even stated a preseason game was the biggest game of his entire career. And he's correct because that day he won. Right there is when Tony Romo won. He went on to make a lot of money and will be able to provide for his family. Dude is set.

I just don't want him leading my team as QB. I want Troy Aikman who can't stand to lose. The Troy that had to retire to get away from the circus Dallas had become. That's who I want.

Tony Romo couldn't stand to lose he just understood that there are more important things in life. People trying to tie that understanding of things to hating to lose is not an accurate comparison if you ask me

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

I wasn't talking about you specifically so when you are finished with your little tantrum i will be here to continue this discussion

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Tony Romo couldn't stand to lose he just understood that there are more important things in life. People trying to tie that understanding of things to hating to lose is not an accurate comparison if you ask me
And players like Aikman refused to admit there was anything more important than winning.
Hell, Aikman was 100% all in. Explains why he wanted to wait to start a family until after football.