Romo responds to Peyton Manning

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
“I saw where Tony Romo said that he always knew that he wanted to be a broadcaster,'' Manning said. "Well, I always knew I wanted to be a football player. That’s all I knew. I was all-in on that job. I didn’t think about anything else while I was playing. And I think that’s a good way to be. I think you’ve got to be all-in on what you’re doing.”

I doubt that Manning and Romo are anything but respectful to one another; they're probably even friendly. The remarks nevertheless come across to some as a dig at Romo, who of course never quite scaled the heights of winning at quarterback that Manning did. But this week on the Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan, Romo, the former Dallas Cowboys QB who has quickly become a superstar in the CBS broadcast booth, was asked to respond.

"Ultimately, that's something I never actually said," Romo said, adding that he was unfamiliar with Manning's comments. "I didn't start thinking about being a broadcaster until I was contemplating retirement. And so at that point, then you're going to start thinking about your next stage.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...n-Mannings-shade-I-never-said-that-133753297/

Manning, who looks as if his skull was rearranged by a landslide and his hairline patterned after Witten's cannot be a sterling broadcaster like Romo and it eats at him.
Stick to corny pizza and insurance commercials, Peyton, and let your envy go.

stiletto

Reaction score
Whatever the case, Peyton would have a very steeep assed hill to get where Romo is in broadcasting. In football he was admirable to Peyton so I'd have to say Frakenberry is lagging a little overall if you put both careers together and judge it...just my .02.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
“I saw where Tony Romo said that he always knew that he wanted to be a broadcaster,'' Manning said. "Well, I always knew I wanted to be a football player. That’s all I knew. I was all-in on that job. I didn’t think about anything else while I was playing. And I think that’s a good way to be. I think you’ve got to be all-in on what you’re doing.”

I doubt that Manning and Romo are anything but respectful to one another; they're probably even friendly. The remarks nevertheless come across to some as a dig at Romo, who of course never quite scaled the heights of winning at quarterback that Manning did. But this week on the Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan, Romo, the former Dallas Cowboys QB who has quickly become a superstar in the CBS broadcast booth, was asked to respond.

"Ultimately, that's something I never actually said," Romo said, adding that he was unfamiliar with Manning's comments. "I didn't start thinking about being a broadcaster until I was contemplating retirement. And so at that point, then you're going to start thinking about your next stage.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...n-Mannings-shade-I-never-said-that-133753297/
A most worthy of the
" Hitting the Click "
Posted up links I believe to of EVER cut trail on,,,:thumbup:

Also& in conclusion,,,SUCK IT, Peyton!,,,SUCK IT HARD, YOU FREAKTOIDAL FOREHEAD!:angry:

o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't think Peyton would be a good announcer. He's comfortable in front of a camera after shooting 1 billion commercials throughout his career, and God knows he understands football, but that doesn't mean he'd make a good broadcaster. The key is that you've got to put those two things together.

Romo knows a lot about football, but for all the "Romostradamus" stuff hearsee, Tony isn't saying anything that every coach on the sideline and half the players on the field don't already know. What makes him special is how he can distill that knowledge down into a 10 second explanation and sell it to the audience in a passionate way. Manning knows the ins and outs of football like none other, and could spend a solid 15 minutes walking you through the nuances of single pass play. But I don't think he could deliver that information simply or quickly, and the emotion in his voice rarely goes beyond a monotone Southern drawl.

Manning would destroy as an OC - hell, for most of his Colts career, he was the OC, he called the offense straight from the field - and he might have an Elway type future as a GM. But I don't see him fitting well on TV, despite his previous success as a commercial pitchman. That was mostly down to his on-field success and well cultivated image, less so because of his broadcasting skills.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This has to be about the dumbest thing I’ve seen this year on forum. Another week and it would have been moved.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
People need to take the bubble wrap off, he didn't say anything about Romo that was that big a deal. Romo himself showed he wasn't 100% all in and he turned out to be pretty good.

All that matters now is that Romo is having an elite 2nd career, right out of the box.