Romo responds to Peyton Manning

Blake

Reaction score
Whatever the case, Peyton would have a very steeep assed hill to get where Romo is in broadcasting. In football he was admirable to Peyton so I'd have to say Frakenberry is lagging a little overall if you put both careers together and judge it...just my .02.

Oh stop! Another example of Cowboy's fans with a QB inferiority complex, mythologizing Romo like he belongs in the same discussion of elite QBs that were actual winners. Tony "I'll see you in February" Romo was nowhere near Peyton's level as a player. It's laughable and absurd to even associate him with a real post season quarterback.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
“I saw where Tony Romo said that he always knew that he wanted to be a broadcaster,'' Manning said. "Well, I always knew I wanted to be a football player. That’s all I knew. I was all-in on that job. I didn’t think about anything else while I was playing. And I think that’s a good way to be. I think you’ve got to be all-in on what you’re doing.”

I doubt that Manning and Romo are anything but respectful to one another; they're probably even friendly. The remarks nevertheless come across to some as a dig at Romo, who of course never quite scaled the heights of winning at quarterback that Manning did. But this week on the Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan, Romo, the former Dallas Cowboys QB who has quickly become a superstar in the CBS broadcast booth, was asked to respond.

"Ultimately, that's something I never actually said," Romo said, adding that he was unfamiliar with Manning's comments. "I didn't start thinking about being a broadcaster until I was contemplating retirement. And so at that point, then you're going to start thinking about your next stage.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...n-Mannings-shade-I-never-said-that-133753297/
That’s weird Peyton. Alllllll those goofy commercials that you were in during your “football only” career, and yet football was all you thought about, except for your next money grab endorsement/commercial. :rolleyes:

stiletto

Reaction score
Oh stop! Another example of Cowboy's fans with a QB inferiority complex, mythologizing Romo like he belongs in the same discussion of elite QBs that were actual winners. Tony "I'll see you in February" Romo was nowhere near Peyton's level as a player. It's laughable and absurd to even associate him with a real post season quarterback.

It's just an opinion brother. Peyton was an amazing QB. I am not taking anything from him. Romo was a decent QB, had good numbers, etc. Romo is by most considered to be a top broadcaster. There is talk of Peyton going into broadcasting. Let's see if he's any good first if he does. Montana wasn't. Some guys just aren't good at it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
“I saw where Tony Romo said that he always knew that he wanted to be a broadcaster,'' Manning said. "Well, I always knew I wanted to be a football player. That’s all I knew. I was all-in on that job. I didn’t think about anything else while I was playing. And I think that’s a good way to be. I think you’ve got to be all-in on what you’re doing.”

I doubt that Manning and Romo are anything but respectful to one another; they're probably even friendly. The remarks nevertheless come across to some as a dig at Romo, who of course never quite scaled the heights of winning at quarterback that Manning did. But this week on the Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan, Romo, the former Dallas Cowboys QB who has quickly become a superstar in the CBS broadcast booth, was asked to respond.

"Ultimately, that's something I never actually said," Romo said, adding that he was unfamiliar with Manning's comments. "I didn't start thinking about being a broadcaster until I was contemplating retirement. And so at that point, then you're going to start thinking about your next stage.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...n-Mannings-shade-I-never-said-that-133753297/

Well Romo says he didnt say he thought about it, then admits that the DID think about it later in his career. So which is it?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's just an opinion brother. Peyton was an amazing QB. I am not taking anything from him. Romo was a decent QB, had good numbers, etc. Romo is by most considered to be a top broadcaster. There is talk of Peyton going into broadcasting. Let's see if he's any good first if he does. Montana wasn't. Some guys just aren't good at it.
What you said was fine, Romo and Peyton Manning played at the same time and had pretty much the exact same QB rating. Doesn’t mean they are exactly the same but they are certainly comparable. The Blake troll is a cranky senior citizen filling up his Depends all day so it’s understandable he doesn’t know much about football. Pay him no mind.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Pretty damn sure the #9 was better than good enough that one time he'd patted the Payton's Mongoloid helmeted casing-liner at games end:rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:

erod

Reaction score
Peyton planned to be in the booth. He's watched Romo do it far better than he ever could, and now he's crawfishing.

You can't Nationwide script your way in the booth. I've heard Peyton speak in public twice, and it's not impressive at all.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Of course. Romo probably shouldn't have responded to it

He was asked a question and yes he could have declined to answer but that would have probably lead to more assumptions. And nothing about the way he answered can be construed as controversial.

erod

Reaction score
Only if you have a fantasy football understanding of the game...

Reid1boys

Reaction score
People need to take the bubble wrap off, he didn't say anything about Romo that was that big a deal. Romo himself showed he wasn't 100% all in and he turned out to be pretty good.

All that matters now is that Romo is having an elite 2nd career, right out of the box.
Romo said he wasnt all in? when was that and what context? He wasnt all in at the lunches served during the week? Wasnt all in on the cheerleaders? Wasnt all in on the brand of soap in the showers?What exactly was said and under what circumstances?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was that the same media that reported he was getting forbidden meds by the league by using his wife's name when trying to make a comeback from the neck surgery?

Never been a fan of the family and every ring that Brady picks up puts him that much further ahead of the most overrated QB in NFL history. If not for opportunistic D play, Manning doesn't have one ring, just like his brother.

Romo idolized Brett Favre, not John Madden. If ESPN had really paid Anvil Head 10M, they could have added another to the long list of shots to the foot.

Know what else? Nationwide sucks too!