Romo responds to Peyton Manning

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess I’m one of the few here that doesn’t really appreciate Romos announcing style. Glad I don’t listen to very many CBS games.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone knows Romo was all about golf. He even wanted a few mulligans during football games.:thumbup:

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Wut?

The US Open is in June. Qualifying happens before then. I don’t think you know what training camp is
I don't remember that at all either, but hell, I'm old.

I would like to know if that is true or not, but like you said it couldn't have been the US Open.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Did Romo actually ever say he retired. I know his heartbreaking speech. He said everything except I am retiring. I think manning was a great qb but have heard he can kind of be a jerk. But I don’t know that for fact. The media spins everything.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Below is a link to one of the stories/non-stories of Romo, golf and football practice (e.g. OTAs) during his career:

https://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5194972

A quarterback does or does not miss practice months before training camp or the regular season starts. What the quarterback does or does not do invokes some degree of resentment towards him that lingers for years. Yet, players from all across the league have been skipping training camps and even regular season games for decades--usually over contract disputes (cue the O'Jays classic hit). Seemingly, those types of actual detrimental-to-the-team absences, that are committed by other players, do not linger in the mind.

Add another entry into that New York Times Bestseller, 1,000,000 Reasons Why I Really Do Not Like That Guy.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If all he thought about was football why all the commercials, pizza chains etc?

I like Manning, but he missed the mark on this one.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Below is a link to one of the stories/non-stories of Romo, golf and football practice (e.g. OTAs) during his career:

https://www.espn.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5194972

A quarterback does or does not miss practice months before training camp or the regular season starts. What the quarterback does or does not do invokes some degree of resentment towards him that lingers for years. Yet, players from all across the league have been skipping training camps and even regular season games for decades--usually over contract disputes (cue the O'Jays classic hit). Seemingly, those types of actual detrimental-to-the-team absences, that are committed by other players, do not linger in the mind.

Add another entry into that New York Times Bestseller, 1,000,000 Reasons Why I Really Do Not Like That Guy.
"Back stabbers":starspin:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
“I saw where Tony Romo said that he always knew that he wanted to be a broadcaster,'' Manning said. "Well, I always knew I wanted to be a football player. That’s all I knew. I was all-in on that job. I didn’t think about anything else while I was playing. And I think that’s a good way to be. I think you’ve got to be all-in on what you’re doing.”

I doubt that Manning and Romo are anything but respectful to one another; they're probably even friendly. The remarks nevertheless come across to some as a dig at Romo, who of course never quite scaled the heights of winning at quarterback that Manning did. But this week on the Ben & Skin Show on 105.3 The Fan, Romo, the former Dallas Cowboys QB who has quickly become a superstar in the CBS broadcast booth, was asked to respond.

"Ultimately, that's something I never actually said," Romo said, adding that he was unfamiliar with Manning's comments. "I didn't start thinking about being a broadcaster until I was contemplating retirement. And so at that point, then you're going to start thinking about your next stage.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...n-Mannings-shade-I-never-said-that-133753297/
Tony could have purchased a crapload of pizza parlors but he did not. I would have gone with Pizza Hut instead of Papa Johns.

Peyton and Tony have already forgotten about this because they know how the media works. Both of them probably rolled their eyes at the same time when they read the story.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Manning has never said anything interesting ever. I take that back, the only thing was the liquored up kicker thing.