Romo should follow Nowitzki's lead (great article)

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2776006 said:
Let me put this lightly, if Romo takes a few pages out of Dirks book and ultimately winds up having a career like Dirk, I will be more than dissapointed.

:hammer: TY for saving me the keystrokes.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
DFWJC;2776047 said:
I can't begin describe what level of moron you sound like with that comment. Your analogy has no bearing at all on truth. Why not just take a playoff series win and say it's the same as winning one nfl playoff game? At least you get close to comparables. So how many many series wins has Dirk been in on....and how about playoff wins for Tony? I thought so. Why not through in the crunch time of the final month of the season why you're at it...oh yeah, Tony comes up short there too.

I'm saying this and I'm actually a Tony fan! But please don't call Dirk a choker. What an idiotic statement.

Are you one of the guys that blames Tony for the playoff losses even though you are a fan of his? If not okay.

But if you are, then it is a double standard being applied to Romo. He has got the choker label by many on this board even though had it not been for dropped passes he would have won his playoff games. But Dirk gets a free pass because he did his part, but his team let him down? Let's be consistent with it.

JBS

Reaction score
DFWJC;2776047 said:
I can't begin to describe what level of moron you sound like with that comment. Your analogy has no bearing at all on truth. Why not just take a playoff series win and say it's the same as winning one nfl playoff game? At least you get close to comparables. So how many many series wins has Dirk been in on....and how about playoff wins for Tony? I thought so. Why not through in the crunch time of the final month of the season why you're at it...oh yeah, Tony comes up short there too.

I'm saying this and I'm actually a Tony fan! But please don't call Dirk a choker. What an idiotic statement.

you are off just a bit, is dirk good? Definitely so, 1B caliber, 1A not so much. I expect greatness from Romo and anyone who will sit here and say dirk is great just is not being real.

QT

Reaction score
Hello? All Romo needs to do is call Hoger. Dirk is the man. After the game, I also wrote about that game. Going through all the personal issues during the week, Dirk was able to score 44 pts and carry the team to the victory. Yes, Carry! At the end of the game, he demanded the ball on the block.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
greatdane1984;2776041 said:
I disagree with the writer, but the thing that irks me to no end is Romo's nonchalant attitude towards football. When he says things like if this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me then I will have lived a good life, and I hope I can win a championship in 5 years? Are you kidding me. Even If you believe that you keep it to yourself. Ill see pigs fly before I see Tom Brady, or Chauncey Billups, or Steve Yzerman, or any other great leaders in sports say that.
I used to have a dog that was part Doberman, part Akita and Part Great Dane. his name was Duke. But to your post I agree I think Romo needs one of those media coaches to teach him how to talk to the media.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
dirk is a soft choker. that is the last person he needs to follow. sure, he can score sometimes, while also getting physically manhandled by smaller players, which is a huge detriment to the team at the position he plays. one of the reasons they still lose even if he scores a bunch. give me a person that plays his position that scores half the points he does while also being able to play with the bigs on the other team. he is a sg in a pf's body. that just doesn't work, his track record proves it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
LeonDixson;2776060 said:
Are you one of the guys that blames Tony for the playoff losses even though you are a fan of his? If not okay.

I don't blame Tony. I'm actually a Romo fan. Just saying that if Romo lights it up at the end of every season and during the playoffs the way Dirk has historically (top five in history statistically) he will CARRY us to Super Bowls wins because he'll be surrounded by plety of talent.

I'm pulling for him to do so. Tony is one of my favorite players.

DFWJC

Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2776063 said:
you are off just a bit, is dirk good? Definitely so, 1B caliber, 1A not so much. I expect greatness from Romo and anyone who will sit here and say dirk is great just is not being real.

Funny. NBA players vote Dirk as one the top 5-10 players in the league all the time. I think they know the game better than any of us. Dirk will certainly be in the Hall of Fame. No doubt at all about that. Sure Kobe, LeBron and some others are better, but they too are future HOFers.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
If Tony picks a role model to follow, I hope he picks a winner.

Hmmm... let me think:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v321/Schenk/TonyRomoDuncanesque1.jpg

:D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Nowitzki is one of the last basketball players I would want Romo to try and emulate.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Danny White;2776099 said:

Hmmm... let me think:

right on the money.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Danny White;2776099 said:

Hmmm... let me think:

Dang right

4 time Champion
3 time Finals MVP
2 time NBA MVP
11 times ALL STAR

Best Power Forward of all time (IM non HO).

juck

Reaction score
DFWJC;2776036 said:
Did you misspeak here...maybe had an aneurism while writing. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!

The are 5 players in NBA history that have averaged more than 25 pts and 10 rebounds during playoffs in their career...and Dirk is one of them. If Tony plays his best (and amoung the best ever) during the most critical times in his career, I will be ecstatic. With what he is surrounded by, he could have mulitple Super Bowl rings as a result....if he rises to Dirks big game level.
Thank you some people are ignorant to the facts.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
juckie;2776121 said:
Thank you some people are ignorant to the facts.

yea like getting schooled by the bigs on the other end? there is a reason why he scores a bunch and still loses in the playoffs, and it's not his great supporting cast.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
nake;2775987 said:
So what happens if we see Dirk playing golf during his off-season? He might even go out of the country.

Dirk is now a bum just because you said that. :laugh2:

juck

Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2776046 said:
In the NBA there are players who are considered #1's, in other words a go to player or a finisher. There are a handful of players in the NBA who fit the bill and dirk is NOT one of them. Consider me less than impressed if I hold Romo to a higher standard.
you are completely ignorant to basketball obviously.Do you realize what surrounds Dirk?Complete rubbish for the most part.No Center no SG thast can score.Dirk made first all NBA team again cause he is a top five player and the best PF in the game.He has heart and will too.Did you watch him single handidly will his team to a victory against a great team in Denver the other night?What did the great KG do before he had some talent around him,or Kobe,or Lebron.Learn before u speak.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
zrinkill;2776103 said:
Nowitzki is one of the last basketball players I would want Romo to try and emulate.

I'm not sure I understand. Dirk is a pro's pro. He is extremely classy and without question will be a HoFer. The fact that he hasn't won a champion ship is lack of team defense.

You just don't win in the playoffs without defense. Football is the same way.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I really do not understand why people dislike Dirk. In elimination games, his averages are way way up over his normal numbers. In the playoffs, he's one of 5 people who average 25 points and 10 boards. Yet, despite these easily accesible facts, he's considered a choker.

If Romo stepped up his game in a similar manner when it mattered, we'd have made some noise in the playoffs by now. Romo is great and I'm a Romo defender, but he's not nearly the level of player that Dirk is in their respective sports.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2776046 said:
In the NBA there are players who are considered #1's, in other words a go to player or a finisher. There are a handful of players in the NBA who fit the bill and dirk is NOT one of them. Consider me less than impressed if I hold Romo to a higher standard.

I'm guessing you didn't really watch the NBA playoffs a couple of years back when Dirk almost single handedly took down Tim Duncan the Spurs. This was when the Spurs were winning their championships. :rolleyes: